GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Nobody told me Lexus customer service was this good!

Old 07-09-12, 08:46 PM
LEX900
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nobody told me Lexus customer service was this good!

Real quick, I leased a 4Gen Neb Grey With all the Fixins you can get on Premium. Got a great deal. Picked up the car on May 1st and I'm seriously loving it. I look forward to driving it on the w/e. My wife drives it during the week around Brooklyn and she has guys honking at her and giving her the thumbs up when she drives by herself. (not sure how much I like that part, but whatever).

Anyway I wrote this to say I had 2 issues with the statement of my automatic monthly payment. Lex financials sent me statements that they had not received payment whereas my bank showed that they did. The second time it happend i was pretty frustraited and called customer service to voice my displeasure. The agent was very apologetic and told me she would speak to someone on my behalf and document the situation. I felt good just calling and letting them hear me out so I forgot about it.

Wouldn't you know it, almost 3 weeks later (today) the agent calls me back and tells me she has good news. She asked me to confirm my monthly ($597) and told me they would send me a check for 2 monthly payments for my troubles. $1194! Came out of no where. Had an 08 Audi a6 and never got this level of service. In fact my buying process at audi sucked compared to the dealer experience at Lexus.

Anyway just thought I would share. Not only did they make a kick *** car, but they take care of their customers. High probability I give Lexus the first shot at my business in '15 when my lease is up. (Please have a hybrid GS F by then ).
Old 07-09-12, 09:00 PM
skxm5
Driver School Candidate

Sounds like they did you right.

I had the same issue with Porsche but they were complete A$$es about. They even reported me 30 days late on my credit report even though the bank confirmed the monies were transferred like the previous 23 payments

I finally got a letter from Porsche correcting their mistake but it was a hassle and they certainly did not pay me for the headache.
Old 07-09-12, 10:20 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,208 Likes on 630 Posts

I'm glad some people are taken care of! On my 30 day "check-up" the dealership damaged the interior of my car!
Old 07-10-12, 05:21 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
I'm glad some people are taken care of! On my 30 day "check-up" the dealership damaged the interior of my car!
How did they damage your car? To be honest, after noticing swirls in my car after taking delivery, and hearing the horror stories about their car washes, I am apprehensive whenever I drop off my car at the dealership.

From now on I'm telling them not to clean my car at all. Not even vacuuming the interior.

That being said, I've never had any bad experiences - I'm just paranoid.
Old 07-10-12, 05:58 AM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Wow! That's awesome I wish that would happen to me Haha. Guess u can put that money towards some mods. Maybe a new set of wheels and a drop
Old 07-10-12, 09:51 AM
gyung
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mehran888
How did they damage your car? To be honest, after noticing swirls in my car after taking delivery, and hearing the horror stories about their car washes, I am apprehensive whenever I drop off my car at the dealership.

From now on I'm telling them not to clean my car at all. Not even vacuuming the interior.

That being said, I've never had any bad experiences - I'm just paranoid.
My previous service manager always remembered me and asked if I wanted a wash or not (usually no) so he helps me leave a piece of paper that says "NO WASH" on the dash for me.
Old 07-10-12, 06:50 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Yes, they ARE that good

I've posted this before, so anyone who has read it can move on...

I made a deal to trade in my Audi S5 Cab for a '13 GS F-Sport. The deal was done and the GS was on order. During one weekend, a garage shelf fell on my Audi, resulting in lots of nicks and scratches along the passsenger rear fender. I was devastated. I called my Lexus salesperson to say I would have to bring the car in for a reappraisal. I brought it in and they reappraised.

However, this time they took in the Audi, had me sign all the final paperwork, and put me in a brand new 2013 GS loaner so I could become familiar with the car until mine arrived. I drove it for a week and a half until my new GS came in. When my GS came in the paperwork was done and I just took delivery and drove her off! Audi could learn a lot from that.
Old 07-10-12, 08:25 PM
dochusar
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus is top in customer service, I called with some frustration about the functionality of the enform suite in my 2013 GS, after Lexus tech support fixed the issue after about a hour, extended my subscription for an additional two months.

Last year, my 2011 CT200, needed body work and a radiator replacement, Lexus had a very hard time getting the part from Japan and took about five weeks to repair the car. Lexus customer service sent me a check for two months lease payments without any prompting.

VW/Audi should learn from Lexus about luxury car customer service, when my VW was in for warranty repair, held the car for seven weeks, and when, I threatened not to pay any more lease payments until they fixed the car, they told me that they would report me to the credit bureau. There was no offer to refund the lease payments made.

BMW ripped me off on the final car inspection and really deserves no loyalty inhow they trat their customers.

I have owned or lease every luxury brand, Lexus tops in customer service, BMW is absolutely the worst customer service of all, rip you off at every turn, even for warranty work, you pay up front and then threaten BMW USA for your money back!

Now with the '13 GS, Lexus finally has the sport sedan that rivals and bests BMW with the smooth ride of a Mercedes. The best of both worlds.

Lexus deserves repeat, loyal customers.
Old 07-10-12, 08:37 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

There was an article in car chat that said Lexus, Mercedes, and one other luxury brand (not BMW) had the best overall dealership service of all car brands.

Our Lexus dealership offers free food (muffins, scones, sandwiches, cakes, chips, etc.) and drink to anyone waiting in the lobby.
Old 07-10-12, 08:40 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Oh here it is, Lexus, Mercedes, and Jaguar -

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...uar-lexus.html
Old 07-10-12, 10:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

great customer service stories...
Old 07-15-12, 12:43 AM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LEX900
Real quick, I leased a 4Gen Neb Grey With all the Fixins you can get on Premium. Got a great deal. Picked up the car on May 1st and I'm seriously loving it. I look forward to driving it on the w/e. My wife drives it during the week around Brooklyn and she has guys honking at her and giving her the thumbs up when she drives by herself. (not sure how much I like that part, but whatever).

Anyway I wrote this to say I had 2 issues with the statement of my automatic monthly payment. Lex financials sent me statements that they had not received payment whereas my bank showed that they did. The second time it happend i was pretty frustraited and called customer service to voice my displeasure. The agent was very apologetic and told me she would speak to someone on my behalf and document the situation. I felt good just calling and letting them hear me out so I forgot about it.

Wouldn't you know it, almost 3 weeks later (today) the agent calls me back and tells me she has good news. She asked me to confirm my monthly ($597) and told me they would send me a check for 2 monthly payments for my troubles. $1194! Came out of no where. Had an 08 Audi a6 and never got this level of service. In fact my buying process at audi sucked compared to the dealer experience at Lexus.

Anyway just thought I would share. Not only did they make a kick *** car, but they take care of their customers. High probability I give Lexus the first shot at my business in '15 when my lease is up. (Please have a hybrid GS F by then ).

I've owned mostly all of the luxury automotive brands and Lexus undoubtedly has the best customer service AND service department of them all! Audi would probably rank dead last.
Old 07-18-12, 05:09 AM
MarkGS
Rookie

Customer Service can go a long way towards continued business relationship with the consumer.

I had a 3rd Gen GS 460 (2008) that had gotten just beyond warranty mileage, I think I was 3,000 miles over, when I had a problem that required the replacement of the entire header unit (Nav/ML Audio system and all related function). My service advisor told me the cost to replace would be about $2500.

My SA must have seen the color leave my face at that moment. She told me she would see what they could do for me, and she left to go visit with her manager. I expected to get some kind of discount on the replacement of the header, but was completely surprised when she returned to let me know they would cover the replacement under the warranty. No cost.

The end result was that I returned a few months later and purchased a new LS.

I suspect this is the intended result they are hoping for when they extend customer service. In this case, it was a positive experience on both sides of the dealer/consumer relationship.

I'm glad the OP had a positive experience as well. This just confirms this is not a phenomenon limted to a single dealer......