GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Is the 4th Generation GS better than the 3rd?

Old 06-19-12, 09:07 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the 4th Generation GS better than the 3rd?

Hey GS owners..I had an 07 black on black GS350 awd with chrome pillars, F-sport intake, on 20 inch concept one rs8 rims..I traded it in a couple of months ago for an 08 matador red mica IS-F. Was thinking about getting a brand new GS- Fsport but wanted more power. Just curious how the new one compared to the 3rd generation..also has anyone heard any rumors about a GS-F debut next year?

08 IS-F- matador red mica-swift racing technology intake, hid fogs, calibre K-40 radar, tint, drl bulbs, 3m 1080 black carbon fiber wrap on roof, carbon fiber roof spoiler, lightly smoked out taillights, alumapro bp-10 subwoofer, jl jx-500 amplifier.
Old 06-19-12, 09:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

what are you looking for in the car? if you want power, the new gs is going to be disappointment for you, it's fast but not that fast. handling and driving i think the car is fantastic. interior and build quality i think blows away your 3gs and isf.
Old 06-19-12, 09:35 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
what are you looking for in the car? if you want power, the new gs is going to be disappointment for you, it's fast but not that fast. handling and driving i think the car is fantastic. interior and build quality i think blows away your 3gs and isf.
thats probably the main reason i didn't get a 4th gen gs..i was disappointed that they didn't give it more horsepower over the 3rd generation. the handling is much better though?...my 07 gs was a little floaty on turns.
Old 06-19-12, 10:04 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lexsane
thats probably the main reason i didn't get a 4th gen gs..i was disappointed that they didn't give it more horsepower over the 3rd generation. the handling is much better though?...my 07 gs was a little floaty on turns.
contemplating on getting your F a playmate????? cool.
Old 06-19-12, 10:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by lexsane
it's not even a comparison on handling. the 3gs was a boat compared to the 4gs. the 4gs has much better steering feel and feedback, the car feels so light to toss around, and the handling is awesome
Old 06-19-12, 10:17 PM
lexsane
Pole Position

might have little rug rats in the future and then the ISF might have to be traded up for a 4th gen GS..never know..but if I like the next gen ISF all bets might be off and might have to throw baby seat in back regardless..
Old 06-20-12, 01:18 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Get the GS450h and don't look back. The 4GS is in a completely different league handling wise and interior-wise compared to the 3GS.

The new GS450h should satisfy your need for more torque and straightline speed.

Read Motortrend's comparison tests of the GS350 F-Sport and GS450h (short story : the 4GS beat all comers including BMW 5 series,Audi A6 and Porsche Panamera Hybrid) :

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...s/viewall.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...d/viewall.html
Old 06-20-12, 07:45 AM
LexFather

I love my 3GS 450h but the 4GS whoops it in every objective way. I still prefer the looks of the 3GS inside and out. However
performance
features
build quality
options
trunk space
interior space
etc etc

The 4GS is really an amazing car on paper.

Old 06-20-12, 08:06 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

^^ That is 1 Sick Lexus Hybrid..!!!

~ Joe Z
Old 06-20-12, 08:10 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do the other side of the coin.
4GS doesn't look better inside to me. Doesn't feel better either.
4GS doesn't look better outside to me.
4GS handles better stock vs stock but modded 3GS vs stock 4GS is not much difference. I suspect the sport steering wheel provides a lot of what people are feeling. It provides good grip where as the 3GS feels like it's slipping and that doesn't provide confidence. Even though the 4GS steering wheel makes the car feel so much better, I prefer the luxury feel of that wood in the 3GS. So much that if I bought a 4GS that steering wheel would have to be changed.

The new Wald kit for the 4GS is opening my eye a bit. It makes the whole car flow better but definitely the front. That could make me want one.

I hate these questions. There's only one real answer. Drive both. You'll know. We can't tell you. We can only tell you what we like and dislike.
Old 06-20-12, 08:21 AM
lexsane
Pole Position

your hybrid looks amazing..those vossens wheels are really sharp. i really liked the L-finesse look of the 3gen GS
I wish they carried over a lil more of the old GS look into the 4th gen. I'm getting all nostalgic about my old GS now..
Old 06-20-12, 08:34 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

The new GS has a lot going for it compared to 3rd Gen GS. The interior is definitely nicer in the new 4th Gen. The 16 way adjustable drivers seat for F Sport is by far the best seat Lexus has ever put in a car to date. It is very supportive. I guess you can say this GS is the most "BMW feeling" of them all. Steering and handling dynamics are the best of any GS to date.
Old 06-20-12, 08:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Ice350
4GS handles better stock vs stock but modded 3GS vs stock 4GS is not much difference.
and i suppose you drove a modded 4gs?
Old 06-20-12, 09:02 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=Ice350;7308846]I do the other side of the coin.
4GS doesn't look better inside to me. Doesn't feel better either.
4GS doesn't look better outside to me.
4GS handles better stock vs stock but modded 3GS vs stock 4GS is not much difference. I suspect the sport steering wheel provides a lot of what people are feeling. It provides good grip where as the 3GS feels like it's slipping and that doesn't provide confidence. Even though the 4GS steering wheel makes the car feel so much better, I prefer the luxury feel of that wood in the 3GS. So much that if I bought a 4GS that steering wheel would have to be changed.

Maybe cause you have a 3gs no?
Old 06-20-12, 10:42 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I love my 3GS 450h but the 4GS whoops it in every objective way. I still prefer the looks of the 3GS inside and out. However
performance
features
build quality
options
trunk space
interior space
etc etc

The 4GS is really an amazing car on paper.

I swore I saw you and your car on TV...can't remember the name of the show right now, but you were up against a Dodge Hemi, Ford Mustang, and an old Ford Coupe. Am I right?

If not...it looks pretty dang close!

"EDIT" just read the rest of your Sig. That was awesome!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is the 4th Generation GS better than the 3rd?