sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

justa test couldn't upload pics lastnight, but this is the ML in my new car
Old 06-19-12, 01:01 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

don't know how to post pics in the same post. someone help. the PCS is on the other side of the SW forgot to take flic.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 06-19-12 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-19-12, 01:04 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Old 06-19-12, 01:05 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Old 06-19-12, 01:06 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Old 06-19-12, 01:07 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The black is sooooooooooooooo hard looking on a GS! Hope it didn't cost you too much.
Old 06-19-12, 01:08 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Old 06-19-12, 01:29 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

sorry about all the diff posts, but you get the picture. a favor was called in for me from RVC for those who want to know how much money i paid. @REXUS 300, yes i did install the Michies. will post better pics. i have a question,,, i counted 12 speakers and ML should have 17, can anyone tell me where the other 5 speakers are? i said i would never buy another dark car, promises are made to be broken. the opportunity arose and i jumped on it. AGAIN,,,, a favor was called in, i shared that as a courtesy for those who are curious.i am very satisfied with the new car, the abundance of toys is an added convenience. i'll use everything except the PCS. the ML is nice, although i feel that 835 watts is to much power for those speakers.
Old 06-19-12, 01:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i am interested in your opinions on the mark levinson. how do you compare the clarity and quality on the sound?
Old 06-19-12, 01:46 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
i am interested in your opinions on the mark levinson. how do you compare the clarity and quality on the sound?
IMO the clarity is great.( played songbirds by Kenny G to check the clarity,,, LOUD ) getting a lot of vibration from the sub with diff bass frequencies. 835 watts???? they should have better upgraded speakers,,, the green edge tech is not doing it as far as bass goes. sound quality,,, there is something a little off, not drastic but something is missing. overall i still like the ML
Old 06-19-12, 01:57 PM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am a huge audio guy so I way prefer the Mark Levinson. Some of the F sports I drove did not have ML sound at it was just ok, and I think the ML is good. You can definitely tell though when that sub cant handle the lower bass frequencies, it sounds bad. (as does the premium sound)

And In my situation I will trade this thing in when the lease is up so to go and do a system and all of that is just not my thing anymore.

I have had two Bose systems n my infiniti's which I really don't like. "no highs no lows its got to be Bose"

But in my opinion the best was my Logic 7 in my 7 series Bmw. It had an 8 inch woofer under each front seat and sounded amazing for a stock system I wouldn't have changed a thing.
Old 06-19-12, 02:13 PM
lexesty72
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks great!! Now...find a safe spot to park your new baby ....far away from those @%^#holes....
Old 06-19-12, 04:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
IMO the clarity is great.( played songbirds by Kenny G to check the clarity,,, LOUD ) getting a lot of vibration from the sub with diff bass frequencies. 835 watts???? they should have better upgraded speakers,,, the green edge tech is not doing it as far as bass goes. sound quality,,, there is something a little off, not drastic but something is missing. overall i still like the ML
Originally Posted by djpeakSD
I am a huge audio guy so I way prefer the Mark Levinson. Some of the F sports I drove did not have ML sound at it was just ok, and I think the ML is good. You can definitely tell though when that sub cant handle the lower bass frequencies, it sounds bad. (as does the premium sound)

And In my situation I will trade this thing in when the lease is up so to go and do a system and all of that is just not my thing anymore.

I have had two Bose systems n my infiniti's which I really don't like. "no highs no lows its got to be Bose"

But in my opinion the best was my Logic 7 in my 7 series Bmw. It had an 8 inch woofer under each front seat and sounded amazing for a stock system I wouldn't have changed a thing.
awesome, so there are quite some difference between regular premium audio vs mark levinson huh? hope i can hear it in person soon. in the 3gs the ml system isn't all that impressive at all.

i personally don't care that much about how many watts the system have, that's just loudness. i have heard some 200-300 watt systems and they perform far better. but then in recent marketing, more watt is "better". i am glad at least when lexus up the power, they are keeping the quality on the systems.
Old 06-19-12, 05:07 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by djpeakSD

2 8" woofers under the seat?
Old 06-19-12, 05:10 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

awesome, so there are quite some difference between regular premium audio vs mark levinson huh? hope i can hear it in person soon. in the 3gs the ml system isn't all that impressive at all.

i personally don't care that much about how many watts the system have, that's just loudness. i have heard some 200-300 watt systems and they perform far better. but then in recent marketing, more watt is "better". i am glad at least when lexus up the power, they are keeping the quality on the systems.
there is a lot of sound deadening in that car. i opened the trunk with the music loud and it didn't seem as though the music was turned up at all until i opened the car door then the music spilled out.

Quick Reply: Traded my 2013 sp f-sport today