GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

PS Module installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-15, 05:32 PM
dinachroek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeyTown
Just wanted to say that I installed this unit yesterday. It went very smoothly and it really was as easy as everyone says it is.

The most difficult part for me was getting the trim piece off. I have large hands, so they don't fit into small spaces very well. I opened the glove box, started at the right side and used a flathead screwdriver wrapped in a towel as a make-shift pry bar. Once I got the first 1-2 clips off, it was easily removable with my hands from there. From that point... smooth sailing.

The unit works like a charm and was worth every penny. I'm pretty sure I never would have found it, if it wasn't for this forum.

Thanks all,

Mike

hey Mike, i want to ask you few question regard PS.
do you need to reactivate the PS using --++ like they said everytime you get into the car? or is that just a onetime thing.
Old 04-22-15, 11:45 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dinachroek
hey Mike, i want to ask you few question regard PS.
do you need to reactivate the PS using --++ like they said everytime you get into the car? or is that just a onetime thing.
Yes, you have to reactivate it if you want to use it.

Keep in mind that accurate GPS is bypassed when the module is active so it resets to NOT active when the power is shut down.
Old 04-22-15, 10:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

correct, every time you star the car the module is in "OFF" mode
Old 04-30-15, 10:42 AM
powerovany
Driver School Candidate

does it let you play movies off of your itouch? or is it just for dvd's ?
Old 10-05-15, 12:54 PM
5PM
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Did the install in my '15 F Sport this morning...with less than ideal tools (pocket Swiss Army screwdriver, which is only used to release a connector lock anyway) it took about 30 minutes, very easy. The only challenge was securing the PS box; the instructions say to secure it with a piece of double-sided tape (included), but they don't say where. I couldn't find a point on the head unit that didn't cause clearance problems, so I ended up tie wrapping the box's cable harness to the head unit cable harness, which accomplishes the goal of keeping it from rattling against the head unit or anything else.

Your biggest risk in doing this job is scratching up the aluminum trim below the head unit; just put a towel over the whole center console and you'll be fine. You'll be genuinely amazed at how easily the one trim panel you have to remove comes off.

One weirdness: the nav system reinitializes after the install, whether or not you disconnect the battery (I didn't; that's how I know this). I had the front windows partially open during this and until I cycled the windows completely once, the car was convinced a window was open at engine stop.

The PS instructions are generally good, but there are a couple of small procedural omissions that could confuse someone who has never done anything like this before; anybody who is nervous about it can PM me.

Last edited by 5PM; 10-05-15 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-20-16, 04:35 AM
twylie
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

All comments in the thread about ease of installation, quality of the kit and company are spot on. I had the PS kit on my 3rd Gen GS430 and loved the ability to bypass the nanny systems when moving. The kit for the 4GS was one of the first things I ordered when I recently bought a '13 Lux model. u/rominl is spot on about how much easier and straightforward this install is vs the 3GS.

Another point I'd like to add about PS in general is how great they are at not just providing quality, well designed products, but their service and support as well. My first kit didn't work as expected and after troubleshooting, I sent a message to their support email on a Sat afternoon. They responded quickly and after discussing a couple of ideas, they said they would priority ship me a replacement and return box. The new unit worked perfectly and while it was a bit of extra work to pull out and swap the new unit; no big deal overall. I've worked for a bunch of hardware companies and despite QA and testing, occasionally bad units end up in the field. To me, the important piece is how professionally the company resolves it.

Big thanks to everyone at PS for providing a much needed and quality product to the automotive communities!
Old 11-16-16, 06:58 AM
foxisbubba
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by twylie
All comments in the thread about ease of installation, quality of the kit and company are spot on. I had the PS kit on my 3rd Gen GS430 and loved the ability to bypass the nanny systems when moving. The kit for the 4GS was one of the first things I ordered when I recently bought a '13 Lux model. u/rominl is spot on about how much easier and straightforward this install is vs the 3GS.

Another point I'd like to add about PS in general is how great they are at not just providing quality, well designed products, but their service and support as well. My first kit didn't work as expected and after troubleshooting, I sent a message to their support email on a Sat afternoon. They responded quickly and after discussing a couple of ideas, they said they would priority ship me a replacement and return box. The new unit worked perfectly and while it was a bit of extra work to pull out and swap the new unit; no big deal overall. I've worked for a bunch of hardware companies and despite QA and testing, occasionally bad units end up in the field. To me, the important piece is how professionally the company resolves it.

Big thanks to everyone at PS for providing a much needed and quality product to the automotive communities!
Great product and a very easy install. (and uninstall) I just turned in my leased 13 GS350 and have this module for sale. If you are interested let me know
Old 04-08-18, 06:10 AM
foxisbubba
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by foxisbubba
Great product and a very easy install. (and uninstall) I just turned in my leased 13 GS350 and have this module for sale. If you are interested let me know
I did not receive email notifications for new messages and I still have the module if anyone is looking for one. Also, is there a classified section where I can list this item? Thanks!

Last edited by foxisbubba; 04-08-18 at 06:12 AM. Reason: add pic
Old 04-08-18, 09:30 AM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by foxisbubba

I did not receive email notifications for new messages and I still have the module if anyone is looking for one. Also, is there a classified section where I can list this item? Thanks!

You can post it here in the classified section...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/4ge...ifieds-13-245/
The following users liked this post:
Im2bz2p345 (04-08-18)