GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

iOS 6 adds MAP (SMS/MMS, Reminders)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-12, 01:16 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NG2
That defeats the purpose of "hands free" doen't it?
yeah it does doesn't it. siri is not capable of answering commands via bluetooth connection.
Old 07-30-12, 01:19 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wlmngtn310
I had my UDID registered under a developer account, and was able to install the Beta versions of iOS6. Because it was a beta (used beta 1&2), it was very buggy. Plus, i missed all of my Jailbreak apps, so I reverted back to iOS5. Overall, iOS6 is definitely going to be the best OS yet. When iOS5 was announced, nothing much was worth the update.
my phone isn't jail broken and i had my UDID registered also, and i have BETA 2&3, but can't seem to install on my phone. keep getting error message, something about firmware not compatible. am i supposed to download BEAT 1 and then upgrade to 2&3
Old 07-30-12, 01:56 PM
wlmngtn310
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
my phone isn't jail broken and i had my UDID registered also, and i have BETA 2&3, but can't seem to install on my phone. keep getting error message, something about firmware not compatible. am i supposed to download BEAT 1 and then upgrade to 2&3
That should not matter, its just a firmware update so its not specific to which beta version you install first. I kept having that same issue every time I used my personal computer (b/c of modifications to my Host files), so I used my work computer and it installed flawlessly. Try a different computer
Old 07-30-12, 02:36 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

That should not matter, its just a firmware update so its not specific to which beta version you install first. I kept having that same issue every time I used my personal computer (b/c of modifications to my Host files), so I used my work computer and it installed flawlessly. Try a different computer
thanx
Old 08-01-12, 05:13 PM
Bill_GS3
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope. Even with my android (Galaxy S3), it only shows the names of the incoming messages.
Thats nuts, I've only seen it work once and that was from a windows phone.

Thanks.
Old 09-19-12, 11:16 AM
skxm5
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know if this function is on IOS 6?
Old 09-19-12, 12:04 PM
HUSKERnKS
Lead Lap

Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

It was on the betas. I found it to be removed on the GA version. I am going to try again tonight on the public version. It is listed in Apples release notes.
Old 09-19-12, 01:12 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I just upgraded to iOS 6. Nothing in the apps seems any different. I sent myself a text message from my iPad, and it did not appear in the car. Is any setup required?
Old 09-19-12, 01:35 PM
BJB
Driver School Candidate

I have also just installed IOS 6 and have not been able to get the text message functionality to work. I hope Apple did not pull the functionality...this was the main reason I upgraded to the new IOS.
Old 09-19-12, 03:43 PM
Outrage
Lead Lap

I installed iOS 6 on my iPhone 4 today. When I checked the supported protocols under the iPhone's "Bluetooth Details" MAP was not highlighted. I disabled the pairing on the iPhone and the GS 350. Once I paired the two devices once again MAP was highlighted. Despite this, I am still unable to receive any notification of the receipt of an SMS/MMS message.
Old 09-20-12, 07:25 AM
BJB
Driver School Candidate

It worked for me this morning. Apparently you only get a notification of a message if you are NOT in the text messaging APP. I received three text messages this morning while I was in the text message app and I did not receive any notification from the Lexus. Then, as I was driving to work, the Lexus said I had a new text message and read it to me. The message had popped up on my locked iPhone screen.
Old 09-20-12, 10:53 AM
hanzsolo
Driver School Candidate

I had to enable the notification feature under bluetooth settings on the iPhone..
Click the arrow to the right of the name of the connection (car multimedia) and select notifications
Old 09-20-12, 09:22 PM
Maxedout1
Rookie

I'm on IOS 6 I get Facebook message notification too... however, gives me an error when I choose any of the replies. Going to sync my Android Galaxy S3 cause I don't get any errors when I reply with that....
Old 09-21-12, 07:29 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

I received a message notification from my iPhone 4 through the GS 350 yesterday. Perhaps there were circumstances like those mentioned above which prevented it while I was testing the feature.
Old 11-01-12, 08:08 PM
Ceebee100
Driver School Candidate

Default Anyone been able to reply to messages?

Hi all,

I was just curious if anyone was finally able to successfully reply to a message received with the iPhone on iOS 6? I can receive SMS and it reads them out, but when I try to reply, I get the usual error message on the screen.

Quick Reply: iOS 6 adds MAP (SMS/MMS, Reminders)