GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Some a%#*hole hurt my baby.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-12, 06:06 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Some a%#*hole hurt my baby.

came out of queens center mall to get into my car,,,,, my boy says "yo WTF". went to passenger side and the ********** i parked next to did not straighten his wheel while backing out. i saw a long scrape from the middle of the front pass. door to the front quarter panel at the end of the scrape is a series of dents which means he knew he was scraping up my car and at the end he hit the gas and continued to back out still without straightening his wheel. so the way he pulled in and left his wheel turned to the left is the same way he backed out without straightening his wheel. i normally park away from everyone but there was no parking at all so i took the spot, and maneuvered my car so that the cars on both sides wouldn't swing their doors open and hit my car. hope the post isn't to long but i just had to vent. will go to lexus tomorrow and have them send me to their people. have pics but don't feel like posting them right now. i'm beyond pissed. she's not even 4 months old yet.
Old 06-10-12, 06:43 PM
alex206
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
came out of queens center mall to get into my car,,,,, my boy says "yo WTF". went to passenger side and the ********** i parked next to did not straighten his wheel while backing out. i saw a long scrape from the middle of the front pass. door to the front quarter panel at the end of the scrape is a series of dents which means he knew he was scraping up my car and at the end he hit the gas and continued to back out still without straightening his wheel. so the way he pulled in and left his wheel turned to the left is the same way he backed out without straightening his wheel. i normally park away from everyone but there was no parking at all so i took the spot, and maneuvered my car so that the cars on both sides wouldn't swing their doors open and hit my car. hope the post isn't to long but i just had to vent. will go to lexus tomorrow and have them send me to their people. have pics but don't feel like posting them right now. i'm beyond pissed. she's not even 4 months old yet.
Dude I am so sorry. I feel you bro. The other day I was parked and sitting inside my car and this as***** opens his door and dinged mine. I stepped out and *****ed at him. All he said was sorry. Really??? WTF?? It's people like this that pisses me off. Hope everything will turn out ok.
Old 06-10-12, 07:02 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by alex206
Dude I am so sorry. I feel you bro. The other day I was parked and sitting inside my car and this as***** opens his door and dinged mine. I stepped out and *****ed at him. All he said was sorry. Really??? WTF?? It's people like this that pisses me off. Hope everything will turn out ok.
thanx alex206. i'll never understand the mentality of some people. maybe it's a good thing i wasn't there while he or she was f&%#king up my car,,, i would have lost it,,, i can't tolerate stupidity at all. going to jail for whipping someones *** real bad is not an option for me, i have a family to feed.
Old 06-10-12, 08:10 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
thanx alex206. i'll never understand the mentality of some people. maybe it's a good thing i wasn't there while he or she was f&%#king up my car,,, i would have lost it,,, i can't tolerate stupidity at all. going to jail for whipping someones *** real bad is not an option for me, i have a family to feed.
Oh wow I am so sorry to hear this! Its terrible when something like this happens to a brand new car. Last fall a stupid women was trying to reach for a cell phone on the floor and she hit me in the rear at the red light in my 2011 BMW 5 which I had for only 6 months. Damage was minimal and bumper was replaced but still I was very pissed at her.
Old 06-10-12, 08:11 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

That really sucks, and so do haters. Hope you get everything fixed as good as new.
Old 06-10-12, 08:40 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

thanx REX and SEAG2. i called my dude at lexus at 10:30 pm on his cell. he told me to bring it in first thing and they will take care of it. i hand wash that car myself twice a week, i have all types of protection on it. my wife says i love the car more than her,,,,, she'll get over it. and to go to my car and see that some $%#$^&^%, *&*&^%$ spineless D-HEAD messes up my car and leaves after knowing he or she damaged someones property,,,,, makes me homicidal. then it takes all day to calm down, i think of my family in these situations and at the end of the day it's not worth my getting in trouble. the car can be fixed and or replaced. thanx guys for allowing me to vent.
Old 06-10-12, 08:51 PM
mrpartsman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry to hear that bro, advice from me to u whenever u go places like that,try to park as far as u can from A#$@%%#%@ like that.i hope who ever fixes it comes out the way u want it.goodluck.
Old 06-10-12, 09:31 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear man. It's not fair that you take such good care of your car and all it takes is for one d-bag to come ruin it all. Hopefully your car gets fixed to as good as new condition
Old 06-10-12, 10:46 PM
j2theIzzle
Driver School Candidate

You made me cry, I feel ya. Good luck man.
Old 06-10-12, 11:49 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

File a claim for hit and run? Most like will need to paint a few panels. Probably $1500?
Old 06-10-12, 11:59 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

i wanna say post pictures but it'll be too painful to look at!

a brand spanking new 4th gen and this happens!

I park at school and always worried something like this will happen. Some people just DGAF about other peoples car / property.
Old 06-11-12, 06:15 AM
LexFather

Sorry to read this
Old 06-11-12, 06:52 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Im sorry to hear about your mishap but I hope it will get fixed up soon.
Old 06-11-12, 07:01 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hate to read stuff like this. We live in a sick society. Unfortunately, it seems to be getting worse. If your dealer has a competent body shop they should be able to repair it so that no one else will ever notice it's ever been hit. Please post before/after photos if you can.
Old 06-11-12, 07:03 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by alex206
I know the pain - the same thing happened to me on my previous car. Sure, I could have reported that, but it would be his word against mine (bet his door edge isn't going to show any damage) - not worth the hassle... makes me furious...

sydtoosic, sorry to hear about this...

Edit: Given the extent of the damage, it might be worth asking the mall security to see if they can pull security footage from any security cameras that might be available. If needed, get a police report as well. Morons like these need to understand that they can't just walk away from what is the equivalent of a hit and run

Last edited by jj14; 06-11-12 at 07:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Some a%#*hole hurt my baby.