Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Fourth Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Prepaid Maint / Extended Warranty

Old 05-22-12, 11:48 AM   #31
sjr200
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferules View Post
The problem is that once you've had to spend that much, usually there's another couple thousand you must spend to just get the care "sales worthy"...
In this case, if I am understanding faifai correctly, you can do a trade-in to a dealer "as-is". As long as you know what your trade-in is worth and how much your repairs would cost you, you can figure out how much to ask for from the dealer. It obviously isnt the best-case scenario, but its certainly an option if you dont feel like dealing with the repair + time involved itself.

Plus it adds an element of fun to the deal
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
sjr200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 02:28 PM   #32
rlj4246
Pole Position

For maintenance I use my Lexus Pursuits Rewards from my Lexus Visa. I don't carry a balance so no interest. Have not paid a dime for service for five years. Also have almost a thousand dollars in rewards I'll use on my GS when it finally gets here.
Old 05-22-12, 04:37 PM   #33
Sevn86
Lexus Test Driver

Naazim Maredia Sevn86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY13GS350 View Post
Very encouraging comments. Thank you for sharing your experience. Did you do AutoTrader or CraigsList or Newspaper? How did you advertise it?
The camaro was listed on auto trader.com and it sold in exactly 5 weeks. I had lots of people come look at it. The Camry I had for just 14 months before I sold it and I used craigslist. It sold in 2 weeks.
Has Premium, Comfort, and Nav packages, Factory Chrome 19" Sport Wheels, Tow Prep Package, Intuitive Park Assist, WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners, Llumar Window Tint 30% Front/ Limo Rear, V-LED Conversion Complete For Interior & Exterior Lights, HID Fog Lights, Custom License Plate, SES Chrome Door Handle Covers
Future Mods Complete
Build Thread
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 04:42 PM   #34
Sevn86
Lexus Test Driver

Naazim Maredia Sevn86

Also I forgot to mention the condition on both vehicles minus the mileage was almost showroom. I really care for my cars.
Has Premium, Comfort, and Nav packages, Factory Chrome 19" Sport Wheels, Tow Prep Package, Intuitive Park Assist, WeatherTech Digital Floor Liners, Llumar Window Tint 30% Front/ Limo Rear, V-LED Conversion Complete For Interior & Exterior Lights, HID Fog Lights, Custom License Plate, SES Chrome Door Handle Covers
Future Mods Complete
Build Thread
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 05:03 PM   #35
alex206
Rookie

Default Jerry Johnson is the man!

FYI guys, I got quoted from jerry Johnson at Midwest Toyota and he got me $1615 for 7 yrs/100,000 miles with 0 deductible. Pretty good deal in my opinon.
alex206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-12, 05:05 PM   #36
MY13GS350
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex206 View Post
FYI guys, I got quoted from jerry Johnson at Midwest Toyota and he got me $1615 for 7 yrs/100,000 miles with 0 deductible. Pretty good deal in my opinon.
That's awesome!
Old 05-22-12, 05:05 PM

Tags
2013, 350, car, dealer, extended, find, gs, lexus, maintenance, prepaid, prepay, refund, required, routine, service, state, total, warranty, washington