GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

DVD while driving

Old 05-19-12, 04:06 PM
a6s
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up DVD, Navigation, & Apps while driving

It is done. Big thanks to Prestigious Society. They have completed the DVD bypass unit on the 2013 Lexus GS350. I just arrived home from their install location in Fullerton, CA. Superperb work. If you are local; I highly recommend having the work done there. By the way, this is not just DvD. This unit gives you full navigation & app access as well. These kits will be rolling out soon...

Last edited by a6s; 05-20-12 at 03:00 AM.
Old 05-19-12, 04:36 PM
HizGSF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by a6s
It is done. Big thanks to Prestigious Society. They have completed the DVD bypass unit on the 2013 Lexus GS350. I just arrived home from their install location in Fullerton, CA. Superperb work. If you are local; I highly recommend having the work done there. By the way, this is not just DvD. This unit gives you full navigation & app access as well. These kits will be rolling out soon...

DvD while driving
That is sweet. When will the kit come out and is it DYI or a shop has to install the kit?'
Old 05-19-12, 04:55 PM
a6s
Driver

Default It's plug & play...

Originally Posted by HizGSF
That is sweet. When will the kit come out and is it DYI or a shop has to install the kit?'
I believe there will be two systems. One with a external switch & one without. If you're not afraid to get your hands dirty; either one is D.I.Y. The switchless version requires the splicing of one wire. Other than that, it's just "Y" connectors to the back of the OEM stereo.
Old 05-19-12, 04:57 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Arrow

Yes....

Congrats on the PnP overide unit..!! The boys over Prestigious Society always deliver..

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 05-19-12 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-19-12, 05:12 PM
djpeak10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI, the guy at my dealership gave me a card of a guy who is mobile who installs a board into our cars for $320 installed. I guess it tricks the car into thinking it is parked. I talked to him today.
Old 05-19-12, 05:24 PM
alex206
Rookie

I wonder how hard or easy it is as a DIY...I don't care about the DVD but would really like to use the NAV while driving. A6S, how long did the install take?
Old 05-19-12, 05:25 PM
a6s
Driver

Originally Posted by alex206
I wonder how hard or easy it is as a DIY...I don't care about the DVD but would really like to use the NAV while driving. A6S, how long did the install take?
About 3 hours. Granted, this was the "R&D" (first) install.

Last edited by a6s; 05-19-12 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-19-12, 08:10 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome. How much are these going to run? I want to do this but I am sure this will void some part of the warranty
Old 05-19-12, 09:33 PM
ABDULLATIF
Driver School Candidate

i just pre ordered the unit , and i will receive my fully loaded gs on tuesday, i will post about it when i receive it after 6-4-12
Old 05-19-12, 09:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

fantastic, a6s!!! it was great seeing you today, your car looks fabulous! i can't wait to see it "done"

it was great to ride in your car and saw the whole thing in action, totally sick. i love how the screen resolution and contrast was so nice, the video playback is fabulous. of course, with the kit now you can have video playback all the time and have access to all nav menus when driving
Old 05-19-12, 09:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by HizGSF
well you will need to take off panels and such to access back of navigation / radio. it's a bit involved but not end of the world. prestigious always includes all the instructions to walk you through everything

Originally Posted by alex206
i think install will take maybe 1 1/2 to 2 hours?

Originally Posted by varcity64
Awesome. How much are these going to run? I want to do this but I am sure this will void some part of the warranty
it depends on how you look at it. all aftermarket part can void warranty, if they can prove the part causes the defect. but since this kit is plug and play, knock on wood, you can always just remove it and put it back to factory, go in for warranty.

there is one wire that you need to tap, but you don't need to cut factory wire at all. from what i saw it came with all the parts to help you tap to the factory wire
Old 05-19-12, 11:14 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by djpeak10
FYI, the guy at my dealership gave me a card of a guy who is mobile who installs a board into our cars for $320 installed. I guess it tricks the car into thinking it is parked. I talked to him today.
Which dealership did you speak with?
Old 05-19-12, 11:41 PM
Lex6583
Driver School Candidate

Nice!! Anyone here did this as a DIY project? How tough was it?
Old 05-21-12, 09:28 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
it depends on how you look at it. all aftermarket part can void warranty, if they can prove the part causes the defect. but since this kit is plug and play, knock on wood, you can always just remove it and put it back to factory, go in for warranty.

there is one wire that you need to tap, but you don't need to cut factory wire at all. from what i saw it came with all the parts to help you tap to the factory wire
if i were to purchase it, i would certainly go for the plug an play kit (as opposed to splicing wires) in the event i did need to take my car in for warranty work. i cant wait until someone does a write-up so i can see how involved this is and order this for my car. i know my 6 yr old daughter would love it lol
Old 05-21-12, 09:56 AM
djpeakSD
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by faifai83
Which dealership did you speak with?
So I bought my car at Lexus of San Diego. And i dealt with the internet sales guy and he had a card of a guy. I called the guy and he quoted me the price. And these guys are mobile and come to you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DVD while driving