GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Help!!!!! Dealer Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-12, 02:18 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by tliartis
I also just checked some paperwork and while the price was where I wanted it, they said I had a credit score of 696 when I actually had one of 722 straight from Equifax. Really shady....
696 to 722 is not a huge alarming jump. My score jumps from low 7's to high 7's all the time across the big three.

That doesn't mean their shady. They go by the lowest number on a good score so they have a reason to charge more interest. I had a dealership pull that on me once... I fired it right back at em. Told them what Interest rate I was willing to pay. They gave it to me to avoid losing a sale. Poor finance guy didn't get as much money on me. Boo Hoo.
Old 05-17-12, 02:20 PM
Axxlrod
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think them saying "we referred this case to Lexus legal dept." is a lie also.

The Lexus corporate legal dept is there to defend Lexus at the corporate level, not to to get quagmired in petty disputes that their dealerships (independent franchises) get into.

Although I would imagine that the dealer does have a local attorney to use for these types of situations.

I still think you'll prevail and they are just trying to scare you.

If the dealer continues down this path, maybe try contacting your local news station's consumer affairs reporter. Or at least tell the dealer that you've done so.
Old 05-17-12, 03:19 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call BS on the dealer saying they referred your matter to "Lexus Legal". That's a load of crap...dealers are independent entities. Given that they told you that I'm betting that their attorneys have already advised them that they are a victim of their own stupidity and sloppiness.
Old 05-17-12, 03:48 PM
silva1181
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tliartis, regarding your credit score, you should understand that what you/we pull off the credit bureau websites directly will never be the same as what the dealers get when they pull your score. They use a different scoring system through FICO for auto loans, compared to how you are rated for a credit card app or a home loan mortgage, their guidelines are all different resulting in different FICO's.

I recently had my FICO pulled at one Lexus dealer and he showed me my FICO of 636 from one bureau, but 710 from another. Put they insisted on using the low FICO lowest score to get the highest rate and make more money off me, so I obviously walked away . I went to another Lexus dealer and my score came in at 715and I was able to buy a CPO Lexus with the curent special rate they are offering of 3.9. Not bad, could have been better I know, but still not bad.
Old 05-17-12, 04:48 PM
tliartis
Driver School Candidate

Well....no calls from "lexus legal" or even the GM for that matter. You would think that if I had a car that belonged to them rightfully they would be on me for it. He said they had the right to inspect it, but they essentially did that when they took delivery and drove it 2hrs! That guy worked for the company. I'm thinking the GM doesn't fully know about this and they are trying to cover themselves due to sloppiness.
Old 05-18-12, 09:56 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it really seems like the dealer failed to do their due diligience and now want you to pay for it. hopefully this works out in your favor. and honestly, i dont know how much value they would lose on your car (going to assume $3k tops since thats what they offered above other dealerships), the trouble they are giving you is not worth it. they should just swallow the $3k and learn from their mistake. was the car a buy back b/c of the fuel pump issue? or something else? not that it makes a difference, just curious.
Old 05-18-12, 10:32 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The only different is 3K, I'm sure the dealer can absorb that no problem for their mistake.

They try to scare you by refer to Lexus legal is bull****. But they will try to hold off sending your paperwork to DMV to register your new GS. At least for awhile but at the end they will have to process and send them in before the deadline. Check with your local DMV see how long. I remember in GA that the commissioner office.

I would contact Better bureau office and state attorney office and files report with them. That will help on your case and showing them that you willing to go all the way. Dealer will drop their tactic since they have no legal standing point. You may want to report your trade in to DMV too, in case they holding the paperwork so you won't get into trouble/fine later if someone driving your trade in and do something bad.

I can see their bottom line is they just want some more $$$$ from you.

I have a similar case last couple year with a toyota dealer when they couldn't scared to make me pay more, they just holding my paperwork until the last day to turn in to DMV. I have no problem with that since the temp still valid for a long time.
Old 05-18-12, 10:42 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Wow, what a mess and a lousy dealer.

If anyone out there don't know about 335 with hpfp failure, they're pretty clueless-sorry, low blow
Old 05-18-12, 01:46 PM
tliartis
Driver School Candidate

Update.....no calls from the dealership or their "legal team". You would think that if they had a legit case to take it back they would be all over me. It's been 24hrs since we last talked. I'm guessing it should be mine at this point. Since it's a lease, my friend who used to be a dealer said that it is owned by Lexus Financial not the dealership at this point anyways, so actually they can't claim it back.
Old 05-18-12, 09:48 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

After reading through everything everyone said I think it's safe to say it's yours, so forget about this and enjoy ur new car!