Club Lexus Forums

Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   GS - Fourth Generation (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-fourth-generation-237/)
-   -   4GS Vehicle Defects, Complaints, Etc.. (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-fourth-generation/635390-4gs-vehicle-defects-complaints-etc.html)

wlmngtn310 05-17-12 01:56 AM

4GS Vehicle Defects, Complaints, Etc..
 
Well, its been a little over a month now that I purchased the car and I noticed quite a few things that truly bug me. Seems like the engineers at Toyota/Lexus didn't truly drive this car for hundreds and thousands of miles before truly releasing it to the public; or maybe, my car has these defects.

Feel free to post any defects, complaints, etc for discussion!



I'd like to start off with a few that I have noticed, and ill bullet them to simply things.
  • At high speeds ( >65MPH ), you can hear what seems to be wind noise that derives from the passenger mirror?
  • Towards the evening (for those with aluminium trim), the reflection of the aluminium piece, left of the steering wheel, reflects onto the Driver Mirror and I cant see squat. Happens when I drive away from the direction of the sun. Thank god for the BSM system.
  • The tires on the 4GS-F (Potenzas) seem to project all the road imperfections, specially when turning.. even at low speeds! :thumbdn:
  • Darn heat seaters stay on for 10 minutes, then turn off. is 10 minutes enough to get me warm in the AM? NO!
  • The trunk.... Darn things just flies open, and takes 100lb's of pressure to close. Not to mention the doors, I have to also slam them shut.
  • The paint/clear on the car is so sensitive, even looking at it gets it scratched.
  • The black piano trim also gets easily scratched, even by breathing on it :egads:
  • To the little change compartment near the steering wheel... I hate you. Left it open once, and when I quickly got in the car.. that son-***** slashed my leg :cry:
  • The drop down text that appears when I reverse my car soon after turing on the engine, it obstructs my view
  • Lexus enform application works 2 out of 10 times. Even with the recent update of being able to use it with the USB cable.
  • reserved for more of my observed "defects" :p

My conclusion? Lots of things that where overseen by the engineers at Toyota/Lexus.
Do I regret buying the car so soon after release? HELL NO! I love my Lexi, no matter how many defects it has :cool:

rjm 05-17-12 06:50 AM

WIND NOISE from the driver's side mirror...........here we go again.........say it isn't so!!:egads:

alex206 05-17-12 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlmngtn310 (Post 7238176)
[*]Darn heat seaters stay on for 10 minutes, then turn off. is 10 minutes enough to get me warm in the AM?

The seats can be overridden. Check with with your service people. Mines stays on until I turn it off or I turn off the car.

Room4Tu 05-17-12 09:02 AM

Change compartment by the steering wheel? Didn't even know that we had one. Gonna have to check it out later. Anyone got a pic of the compartment?

jj14 05-17-12 09:06 AM

change compartment (Auxiliary boxes) - page 557 on http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_05-06.pdf

SNiiP3R 05-17-12 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlmngtn310 (Post 7238176)
[*]The paint/clear on the car is so sensitive, even looking at it gets it scratched.

This actuallly applies to all Lexus models. Well, except for the LS, its suppose to have some self healing clearcoat.... not sure how well that works :rolleyes:

Room4Tu 05-17-12 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj14 (Post 7238537)
change compartment (Auxiliary boxes) - page 557 on http://drivers.lexus.com/t3Portal/do.../sec_05-06.pdf

Thank you. Wow, I must be blind because I've had the car since late March and have never noticed this "auxiliary box".

onexcite 05-17-12 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wlmngtn310 (Post 7238176)
Well, its been a little over a month now that I purchased the car and I noticed quite a few things that truly bug me. Seems like the engineers at Toyota/Lexus didn't truly drive this car for hundreds and thousands of miles before truly releasing it to the public; or maybe, my car has these defects.

Feel free to post any defects, complaints, etc for discussion!



I'd like to start off with a few that I have noticed, and ill bullet them to simply things.
  • At high speeds ( >65MPH ), you can hear what seems to be wind noise that derives from the passenger mirror?
  • Towards the evening (for those with aluminium trim), the reflection of the aluminium piece, left of the steering wheel, reflects onto the Driver Mirror and I cant see squat. Happens when I drive away from the direction of the sun. Thank god for the BSM system.
  • The tires on the 4GS-F (Potenzas) seem to project all the road imperfections, specially when turning.. even at low speeds! :thumbdn:
  • Darn heat seaters stay on for 10 minutes, then turn off. is 10 minutes enough to get me warm in the AM? NO!
  • The trunk.... Darn things just flies open, and takes 100lb's of pressure to close. Not to mention the doors, I have to also slam them shut.
  • The paint/clear on the car is so sensitive, even looking at it gets it scratched.
  • The black piano trim also gets easily scratched, even by breathing on it :egads:
  • To the little change compartment near the steering wheel... I hate you. Left it open once, and when I quickly got in the car.. that son-***** slashed my leg :cry:
  • The drop down text that appears when I reverse my car soon after turing on the engine, it obstructs my view
  • Lexus enform application works 2 out of 10 times. Even with the recent update of being able to use it with the USB cable.
  • reserved for more of my observed "defects" :p

My conclusion? Lots of things that where overseen by the engineers at Toyota/Lexus.
Do I regret buying the car so soon after release? HELL NO! I love my Lexi, no matter how many defects it has :cool:


I'm completely agreed with you. Especially the trunk open/close. I can tell Lexus skimp us for a power trunk. We should all make complains and hopefully they will release a kit install to make it power. I can tell the rear trunk pre-wire for power by some extra connector inside the trunk.

Also there no power folding mirror as well.

Still no LED for turn signal and try to replace all turn signal bulbs to LED is a pain in the buxx.

No sun glass holder?

And the Nav maps still like other Toyota/Lexus from last decade.

Few rattles as well and I'm pretty sure their design engineer didn't drive it for million miles. I can point out more and more imperfect on this 4GS.

I'm looking back after bought this car!

sydtoosic 05-17-12 08:19 PM

Reflection from aluminum trim on drivers side mirror.

The Fred Flinstone tires,,,,, Bridgestone T El400-02

other than that i haven't had any issues ( KNOCK ON WOOD )

am i regretting buying the 2013 GS,,,,, NOPE!!!!!! although my next venture is the 2013 LS460 Sport.

CraigerL4 05-17-12 08:30 PM

I've got a whistling noise coming from the drivers mirror. I took it in and they told me it was coming from the protective film I had installed. I plan on getting the film removed and hoped that that would solve the problem. Now I'm not so sure.

MY13GS350 05-26-12 08:56 AM

I've noticed the aluminum trim reflection but was able to capture an image of it yesterday. The reflection overlays the mirror but the actual reflection is off the drivers door glass. If you roll the window down it's no longer there. (I didn't roll the window down for a second picture since the car was a bit dirty and I don't like to slide dirt down inside my door)

In any event, if you look close at the image you will also see the A/C vents from above the aluminum trim piece in the general area of the mirror/scene proving its a reflection on the door glass. It is definitely bright and obstructive inline with your vision tho. Solution? replace the trim with something darker. If it was real aluminum I would pull all of mine out and etch it and have reanodized black but it's plastic, sad to say :(

http://www.spindlegrille.net/clublex...n/IMG_7288.jpg

Rexus300 05-26-12 06:02 PM

Tint windows will solve problem.

caddyowner 05-26-12 06:44 PM

Maybe I'm getting more mellow as I age, but I don't have any complaints about the car aside from spending too much money on it. I love the look, drive, comfort, electronics, etc.

sydtoosic 05-26-12 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexus300 (Post 7258865)
Tint windows will solve problem.

:uh: my windows are tinted and i still have that problem:uh:

1QWKGS4 05-26-12 07:02 PM

Blackwood is much Needed FTW ;)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved