GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS Vehicle Defects, Complaints, Etc..

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-12, 08:58 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniely30
Lol, you not alone. I have the car for over a month, and as im checking this forum, I am wondering about this box by steering wheel. I didnt notice that thing yet. And i thought i stuck my nose rverywhere.
It's hard to see the button that even opens it, but once you're used to it it holds lots of change!
Old 11-28-12, 05:28 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dseag2
It's hard to see the button that even opens it, but once you're used to it it holds lots of change!
LOL yupp i got about a hundred bucks in coins in that box.
Old 11-28-12, 06:44 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by GSTONY
LOL yupp i got about a hundred bucks in coins in that box.
Can you post a photo?
Old 11-29-12, 07:20 PM
dpp18
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone report leaks inside the vehicle? I just noticed on the passengers side, under the glove box water leaking from the rain...
Old 11-29-12, 07:22 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

No leaks here.
Old 11-29-12, 07:35 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dpp18
Has anyone report leaks inside the vehicle? I just noticed on the passengers side, under the glove box water leaking from the rain...
Its not from the rain. Its from the HVAC blower motor. There is a TSB for this.

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=176030

Hope this makes you feel better.
Old 11-29-12, 07:41 PM
dpp18
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Its not from the rain. Its from the HVAC blower motor. There is a TSB for this.

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=176030

Hope this makes you feel better.
thank you very much.. ill mention it to the service guys
Old 11-29-12, 07:59 PM
baseball45
Driver School Candidate

So far, I hear loud windnoise coming from sunroof when driving 65+ mph with sunshade open, but would be silent once the sunshade is closed. However, I have not experienced any windnoise from driver side yet.

I kind of notice that sometimes the auto-dimming outside mirrors do not really dim, i.e. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Please let me know if you guys experience the same thing. However, the inside rearview mirror dims fine.

I do agree that Lexus did skimp us on Power Folding MIrrors and the Power Trunk Opener/Closer. I got pretty irritated by that. But, oh wells, I still like the car's performance and style.

Also, are there any other official TSBs that were released by Lexus, like the link provided above for the HVAC Blower Motor? I want to gather a whole list and bring to dealer to fix if such problems apply.

Last edited by baseball45; 11-29-12 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-29-12, 08:25 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by baseball45
So far, I hear loud windnoise coming from sunroof when driving 65+ mph with sunshade open, but would be silent once the sunshade is closed. However, I have not experienced any windnoise from driver side yet.

I kind of notice that sometimes the auto-dimming outside mirrors do not really dim, i.e. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Please let me know if you guys experience the same thing. However, the inside rearview mirror dims fine.

I do agree that Lexus did skimp us on Power Folding MIrrors and the Power Trunk Opener/Closer. I got pretty irritated by that. But, oh wells, I still like the car's performance and style.

Also, are there any other official TSBs that were released by Lexus, like the link provided above for the HVAC Blower Motor? I want to gather a whole list and bring to dealer to fix if such problems apply.
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMOTOR/

This website gives all the latest TSB in full details unlike any others.
Old 01-13-14, 05:07 PM
Lions81
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Questions / Complaints / Suggestions.

I love my GS350 but their are a few things I don't quiet understand perhaps some of you might help.
1) Their is a button above the ceiling near the lights button and sunroof button it is a picture of the car and mirrors what is it for?
2) Drivers side visor has a vent looking thing on it what is it for?
3) I have a blackberry 9800 and not upgrading any time soon is their any other way for me to get enform in the car - I want my yelp lol.
Old 01-14-14, 02:21 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by Lions81
1) Their is a button above the ceiling near the lights button and sunroof button it is a picture of the car and mirrors what is it for?
That toggles on and off if the lights come on when a door is opened. If you press that button in, the lights will come on inside when a door is opened. If its not set in, they won't.

2) Drivers side visor has a vent looking thing on it what is it for?
Its for sticking your parking card or your garage ticket in

3) I have a blackberry 9800 and not upgrading any time soon is their any other way for me to get enform in the car - I want my yelp lol.
No other option. You need a smartphone that the app can be downloaded onto.

Why is their no compartment above head for my sunglasses - ?
Thats a question for the ages that all of us have asked already, loudly

I hate the fact that from the front, the ES & GS look almost identical - considering the GS is 20k more, really dont like that.
Unfortunately...thats what comes from having a "family look". I personally don't think they look that similar, but driving down the street with the DRLs on you do have to look a second to tell which one it is. Sitting in a parking lot though a GS is clearly a GS and an ES is clearly an ES to me.

Thats true of every brand though...BMW...Audi...MB....Cadillac...if you know the brand you can tell but ask somebody off the street and they don't know.
Old 01-14-14, 02:53 PM
woodturner
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Lions81
I hate the fact that from the front, the ES & GS look almost identical - considering the GS is 20k more, really dont like that.
Yeah, I concur. The easiest way for me to tell the difference is to look at the exhaust. From the side or from the front however, it's difficult for me to tell them apart. I, too, wish there were more stylistic differences between these 2 models.
Old 01-14-14, 03:17 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Try telling the A4/A6 or XTS/CTS/ATS apart from the front.
Old 01-14-14, 03:26 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by woodturner
Yeah, I concur. The easiest way for me to tell the difference is to look at the exhaust. From the side or from the front however, it's difficult for me to tell them apart. I, too, wish there were more stylistic differences between these 2 models.
Can you really not see any differences except the exhaust?!? I totally don't get that.
Old 01-14-14, 03:43 PM
Lions81
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Can you really not see any differences except the exhaust?!? I totally don't get that.
honestly to me its almost identical - i mean just looking from the front i cant, tell.
outside of the size obviously and i am not talking about an Fsport

Quick Reply: 4GS Vehicle Defects, Complaints, Etc..