GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Official 4GS Modification Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-14, 08:16 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Being a happy M*** F*** is a good thing.
Old 05-02-14, 02:36 PM
Ratedg
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

must...... not.... trade G in,,
Old 05-12-14, 01:09 PM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pretty cool setup wsykes. I'm personally not a fan of the chrome wheels, but everyone has their own tastes. Are those stickers on your rear brakes? Where did you get them?

[QUOTE=wsykes;8473426]Hi all!!! I do not normally post, mostly looking and learning. This is my 4th Lexus since 1999, GS300 1998, LS430 2003, GS450h 2008, and now GS450h 2013 . Here are my mods to my hybrid. All comments are welcomed, even if you dont like some or all of it.

/QUOTE]
Old 05-12-14, 03:27 PM
LexFather

Lexon Exclusive Airrunner equipped GS on new VFS-2

Old 05-13-14, 03:58 PM
2_xplicite
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I finally got a chance to install my TRD front spoiler (Thanks to Nigel@JDMparts), roof spoiler (Ebay: Spoiler King) and wiring up the LED fog lamps this past weekend after collecting dust for the past few months. I’m still waiting to install the TRD sides after getting Cquartz Finest coating done, hopefully in a couple more weeks since the sides mostly hold up by 3M tape. Unfortunately, one of the fog lamps (passenger side) has condensation in it and Sewell Lexus refuse to exchange it since it was purchased back in December after a few days of purchasing the vehicle. I wonder if the Lexus dealership will replace it under warranty? Official 4GS Modification Thread-photo-2.jpg

Official 4GS Modification Thread-photo-1.jpg

Official 4GS Modification Thread-photo-3.jpg
Old 05-13-14, 04:37 PM
Leonboy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice. i have same roof spoiler.did you have any issue with painting your roof spoiler.mine came out wavy and starting to show little crack lines in paint.having to bend it to contour to rear windshield.thanks.told the painter that maybe he didn't use enough flex agent,but he said that he did and this is because of cheap spoiler material.spoiler doesn't look bad on at all. don't want to remove this spoiler to repaint it. Just gonna sport this roof spoiler for now and prob go with Wald.
Old 05-13-14, 10:30 PM
2_xplicite
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonboy
very nice. i have same roof spoiler.did you have any issue with painting your roof spoiler.mine came out wavy and starting to show little crack lines in paint.having to bend it to contour to rear windshield.thanks.told the painter that maybe he didn't use enough flex agent,but he said that he did and this is because of cheap spoiler material.spoiler doesn't look bad on at all. don't want to remove this spoiler to repaint it. Just gonna sport this roof spoiler for now and prob go with Wald.
I actually do have the same issue with it being wavy at the top part, it's definitely not smooth at all like the outer edges. I kinda knew that it would be an issue after receiving it in the mail and inspecting it before painting. I think the machine they use to mill its shape put those wavy grooves in it. I had my guy put a sealer on it so the paint would bond better to prevent it nicking while flexing it upon installation. I am a little disappointed in the quality of the material but I guess you do get what you paid for. Lol! I'm actually looking into buying a new roof spoiler also. I think Wald would be a good choice.
Old 05-15-14, 08:19 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default perfection

Originally Posted by LexFather
Lexon Exclusive Airrunner equipped GS on new VFS-2

So glad this was posted! I've been unsure what the bronze wheels would look like on my matador red 3gs. I'm completely sold now. Stunning combination. *reaching for wallet*
Old 05-15-14, 09:55 AM
blacksun
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
Here is another angle

I <3 those wheels.

I can't decide what wheels I want! I was sure I wanted the CV4s a month ago, now the CV5s and these VFSs are at the top of my list.
Old 05-15-14, 11:21 AM
blacksun
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2_xplicite
I actually do have the same issue with it being wavy at the top part, it's definitely not smooth at all like the outer edges. I kinda knew that it would be an issue after receiving it in the mail and inspecting it before painting. I think the machine they use to mill its shape put those wavy grooves in it. I had my guy put a sealer on it so the paint would bond better to prevent it nicking while flexing it upon installation. I am a little disappointed in the quality of the material but I guess you do get what you paid for. Lol! I'm actually looking into buying a new roof spoiler also. I think Wald would be a good choice.
Nice ride! I have the same roof spoiler, but haven't installed it yet. Thanks for sharing your issues w/ that piece.
Old 05-15-14, 08:11 PM
myfly350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksun
I <3 those wheels.

I can't decide what wheels I want! I was sure I wanted the CV4s a month ago, now the CV5s and these VFSs are at the top of my list.
SEXXX OMGGG
Old 05-16-14, 02:18 PM
Leonboy
Driver

OK .good to know that it's not the painter but actual cheap material.it actually dont look bad from a distance. Yes I also thinking of Wald as well. Thanks for confirming.
Old 05-21-14, 12:23 AM
Pilotpri
Rookie

I finally got a chance to install my TRD front spoiler (Thanks to Nigel@JDMparts), roof spoiler (Ebay: Spoiler King) and wiring up the LED fog lamps this past weekend after collecting dust for the past few months. I’m still waiting to install the TRD sides after getting Cquartz Finest coating done, hopefully in a couple more weeks since the sides mostly hold up by 3M tape. Unfortunately, one of the fog lamps (passenger side) has condensation in it and Sewell Lexus refuse to exchange it since it was purchased back in December after a few days of purchasing the vehicle. I wonder if the Lexus dealership will replace it under warranty? Attachment 328675

Attachment 328676

Attachment 328677
I purchased the same roof spoiler I'm getting it painted now!..quick question did you use epoxy along w the double side tape to install it?? still waiting on the shop to finish it up
Old 05-21-14, 05:46 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
Here is another angle

what are the specs on those tires?
Old 05-27-14, 03:13 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by zax3gs
what are the specs on those tires?
I think he is running a slight stretch 235/35/20 and 255/30/20 so the car can tuck on the AiR Runner suspension.

Quick Reply: Official 4GS Modification Thread