GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Torn on color between Liquid Platinum & Nebula Gray

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-12, 05:37 PM
yell01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torn on color between Liquid Platinum & Nebula Gray

Starfire Pearl is a distant third since my other vehicle is pearl white as well. I was all set to get LP but it seems that there are a lot of LP & SP. The Nebula Gray is growing on me and the one coming into my dealer in a day or two has the Mark Levinson sound system which I had in my 06 GS430 and loved. I want a color that's going to be easy to take care of and look pretty clean most of the time. I plan on keeping this car for at least 5 years (that's what I always say) so I want to have the right color.
Old 05-08-12, 05:59 PM
WRD4chano
Advanced

Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts

Nebula Gray

i like it because its looks similar to charcoal grey, which is an AMAZING colour!!
Old 05-08-12, 06:10 PM
IZZO2FIZZO
Lead Lap

1. Sp
2. Lp
3. Ng
Old 05-08-12, 06:14 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Consider this factor, do you want to drive a silver car that shares it's color with 80% of cars on the road, or Nebula Grey. It's your choice. I love silver but in this case would go with NG.
Old 05-08-12, 06:14 PM
yell01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by WRD4chano
Nebula Gray

i like it because its looks similar to charcoal grey, which is an AMAZING colour!!
I really liked the charcoal gray on the 3rd gen. This is a little lighter which actually might make it easier to keep clean.
Old 05-08-12, 06:16 PM
yell01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
Consider this factor, do you want to drive a silver car that shares it's color with 80% of cars on the road, or Nebula Grey. It's your choice. I love silver but in this case would go with NG.
Funny you mention that. I was just noticing how many silver cars there are on the road driving home from work today, like you said, seems like 80%.
Old 05-08-12, 06:28 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I live in southern AZ, where it occasionally gets (very) warm. Here, I would go with white or silver.
Old 05-08-12, 06:29 PM
LEX900
Rookie

Originally Posted by yell01
Funny you mention that. I was just noticing how many silver cars there are on the road driving home from work today, like you said, seems like 80%.
I was straddling the exact same fence a few weeks ago. NG vs LP. I was leaning towards NG since it seems more luxe to me. I let my wife be the final say since I couldnt make up my mind and she basically told me when she owned a silver car, she felt like every other car on the road was a silver car. She said NG or SP. We ended up with NG and love it.

Lex
Old 05-08-12, 06:49 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont know if I post this picture because I loved my C or because I miss her

But like LEX900's wife said, while I enjoyed driving the hell out of it (6speed), I did notice it felt every car was silver.
Old 05-08-12, 06:53 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

#1 sp
#2 ng
#3 lp

Last edited by sydtoosic; 05-08-12 at 06:54 PM. Reason: corrections
Old 05-08-12, 06:59 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by yell01
Starfire Pearl is a distant third since my other vehicle is pearl white as well. I was all set to get LP but it seems that there are a lot of LP & SP. The Nebula Gray is growing on me and the one coming into my dealer in a day or two has the Mark Levinson sound system which I had in my 06 GS430 and loved. I want a color that's going to be easy to take care of and look pretty clean most of the time. I plan on keeping this car for at least 5 years (that's what I always say) so I want to have the right color.
are you getting the F-SPORT, LUXURY or BASE?

F-SPORT should be::::: SP, RR, NG

LUXURY:::::: FAP, LP, NG, SATIN

BASE::::: LP, NG, FAP
Old 05-08-12, 07:04 PM
MY13GS350
Rookie

I have had mostly white cars, 2 black cars and one charcoal grey. I have come to realize I like white the best, Charcoal was second favorite. It was amazing how the charcoal grey never looked dirty, white cleans up easiest and as many know black is a love hate when it comes to cleaning.

If I had to pick a grey in the GS, having no other choices, I would pick the grey that matches the rims of the F Sport so I guess thats the Nebula?

Old 05-08-12, 07:04 PM
yell01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ECL
I live in southern AZ, where it occasionally gets (very) warm. Here, I would go with white or silver.
I don't have to worry about that. I live in the Chicago suburbs.
Originally Posted by LEX900
I was straddling the exact same fence a few weeks ago. NG vs LP. I was leaning towards NG since it seems more luxe to me. I let my wife be the final say since I couldnt make up my mind and she basically told me when she owned a silver car, she felt like every other car on the road was a silver car. She said NG or SP. We ended up with NG and love it.

Lex
I find myself paying more attention to cars on the road. The grey one's tend to jump out at me more than silver.
Originally Posted by sydtoosic
are you getting the F-SPORT, LUXURY or BASE?

F-SPORT should be::::: SP, RR, NG

LUXURY:::::: FAP, LP, NG, SATIN

BASE::::: LP, NG, FAP
F-Sport. The SP was very nice on the one I saw at a different dealer. Actually, surprisingly better looking in person. The red with the grey wheels is a nice looking combo too.
Old 05-08-12, 07:08 PM
yell01
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MY13GS350
I have had mostly white cars, 2 black cars and one charcoal grey. I have come to realize I like white the best, Charcoal was second favorite. It was amazing how the charcoal grey never looked dirty, white cleans up easiest and as many know black is a love hate when it comes to cleaning.

If I had to pick a grey in the GS, having no other choices, I would pick the grey that matches the rims of the F Sport so I guess thats the Nebula?

I'm driving a white 2011 Explorer that will be my wife's (that was the plan when I bought it last year). Even in the winter here it looks clean. The windows get salt residue on them but all I do is clean them and it looks great.
Old 05-08-12, 07:12 PM
nantang
Driver

First, remind yourself that you can't really lose, and there are really no bad colors. Maybe I'm the odd one out favoring the silver. Lexus tends to use low key colors, but they look better on Lexus than other cars. Look at Lexus white and compare it to other whites, and there's a certain elegant sheen. I haven't yet seen a silver GS in person, but I suspect the trend will continue. That said, my test drive was a gray one, and it looked sharp. You could roll dice and get a good color; my focus tends to be more getting the feature set. If you're accustomed to Mark Levinson audio, you may want to splurge for it again, or at least test the regular audio at a dealership, with a CD as well as various quality mp3 sources. (I thought about a CD with everything from an iTunes copy of the Beatles' "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds", to an artist-sanctioned bootleg of Abney Park's acoustic set at Dragon*Con, recorded analog off YouTube.)

Quick Reply: Torn on color between Liquid Platinum & Nebula Gray