GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Pandora App And Bluetooth Audio Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-13, 05:57 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Yep I have given up using the enform app its terrible, I'll try to play pandora and its playing but there is no sound so its basically still. This should be free, if I had to pay for that I would be passed, as it never works.
Old 02-05-13, 05:02 PM
modthispny
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Yep I have given up using the enform app its terrible, I'll try to play pandora and its playing but there is no sound so its basically still. This should be free, if I had to pay for that I would be passed, as it never works.
same here.

connects fine, shows the song, etc on screen, but no sound.

before i would use i heart radio first then switch to pandora, that would make it work, but that doesn't work now either.
Old 08-06-13, 02:19 PM
cyclebob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larryox
I have a 2013 rx350 with enform apps and have no problem with pandora , but when I want to switch back to music from my iPhone4s I cannot do this. The Bluetooth is connected but how do you turn off pandora ?
Another bad feature with enform is you have to open up app on your iPhone first before you can access these features! It will not synch up automatically from what I can tell!
Is there a way to turn enform apps on or off?
Also I think these apps will use up your data package!
How do you get voice recognition to play selected artist ?
I saw this command in the owners manual, but cannot find this command on my car ?
The dealership people don't seem to be very tech savvy , and are stumped by these tech issues !
Also the disabling of many functions while driving is absolutely nonsense !
If I can change radio and climate functions while driving then all other features should be allowed!
Anybody has any solutions to these issues please "enform me" !
Thanks,

Larryox
If you connect your iPhone via USB you will see the play artist commands but it will not show up if connected via bluetooth. I have found that with my iPhone 5 if you connect it bluetooth only switching between Pandora and IPhone music works more consistently. Connecting using the USB seems to confuse the system and it does not know how to connect Pandora. Having spent hours playing with this I have decided to use bluetooth only. If you want to use Play Artist command us Siri I hope this is useful..Additionally you can shut off Pandora by double clicking the home button while in another app other than Pandora and scroll to it and shut it off that way. You can also log out of Enform app and it effectively disconnects it. I don't believe you us any data unless you are streaming say Pandora. I have used Pandora for several days and track my data and have not seen a dramatic change. Agaain thePlay Artist command will not show up unless you use the USB connection. This is stated very subtly in the very small Technology manual. One final point if you connect via bluetooth on your iPhone, you can switch to Pandora on the phone and it will play just fine on the car audio. Additionally and other app with audio content will also play.

Last edited by cyclebob; 08-06-13 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-06-13, 04:35 PM
imadkhan
Driver School Candidate

Default Logging into pandora

I am a new Lexus owner, is there a way I can log in to the pandora app in enform through my username and password and have all my stations displayed ? I've seen countless videos showing how to create a station in the pandora enform but none tell me how to actually log in with your existing pandora account and see your existing stations. I was told to log in pandora on the Lexus website but I don't see anywhere where I can do that. Can anyone help me out here.
Old 11-06-13, 05:27 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by imadkhan
I am a new Lexus owner, is there a way I can log in to the pandora app in enform through my username and password and have all my stations displayed ? I've seen countless videos showing how to create a station in the pandora enform but none tell me how to actually log in with your existing pandora account and see your existing stations. I was told to log in pandora on the Lexus website but I don't see anywhere where I can do that. Can anyone help me out here.
If you go to drivers.lexus.com and log in (make an account of you haven't as yet, there's plenty of useful info there) and click on app suite. From there, sign in with your enform user/password then link your pandora account there.
Old 11-11-13, 08:22 PM
larryox
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2013 Lexus rx350 and had no problem setting up pandora radio stations . Once you get a username and password for enform then you have to go onto pandora web site on your computer or iPad , not via your car. I use an iPad , so when I set up my stations on my iPad , it automatically sync's with my iphone 4 and works perfect in my car. You can also edit and add stations via enform while in your car , but this is quirky at best , and is disabled while driving ! Totally useless unless you car is stuck in traffic for hours so you can kill the time by editing your stations since your car is not moving ! I tried this , and it works fine ! BTW: I plug my iphone 4 into the charger port and not the USB port for charging and Bluetooth connection ! Very important , car gets confused when switching back between your music on your iphone and pandora ! Very quirky !!! At one point I was able to switch between pandora music , my iphone music and apples new iradio app on my iphone !
Unfortunately this only lasted 1 week , then back to the same old problems , so I just listen to pandora , which BTW is way better than apple's I radio app IMO. Good luck . Hope this was if help to you .
Larryox