GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

What to do

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-12, 08:00 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What to do

Last monday my 2007 GS350 was totaled when I got rear ended. Luckily I was able to walk away with only some soreness in my neck/back and thats it. I owned that car from day 1 and loved it and had no intention of purchasing the new GS until their would be more buyer friendly programs available. I have since been to my local Lexus dealer and have gone over the preliminary numbers and I cant help but feel there isnt much wiggle room with this car due to how new it is. I have had a Lexus for the past 10 years and dont want to leave the family but I also dont want to get taken for a new car. And I am not really in a position to wait around for better deals as I have to turn in the rental in 4 days. Dont know what to do
Old 04-19-12, 08:06 PM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about your loss but thankfully, you are ok. That's obviously the most important thing

My advise: Don't rush into a purchase. If you have to rent another car for an extra week, do that (shouldn't cost you more than a $150 - cheaper if you shop around). When you walk into a dealership, you don't ever want to express your urgency - or have that urgency in your mind. That way, you can walk out if needed. Spending a little money on the rental could save you a few thousands on the car purchase/lease.

Having said that, from what I've heard, in NJ, the dealers aren't really cutting too many deals. (different story in CA though - too far, I know).
Do shop around to see if dealerships in nearby states can offer better deals. Also read the price threads here to see what other folks are paying in NJ. Hopefully, other GS owners from NJ/NY will chime in on their offers.

All the very best!
Old 04-19-12, 08:12 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jj14
Sorry to hear about your loss but thankfully, you are ok. That's obviously the most important thing

My advise: Don't rush into a purchase. If you have to rent another car for an extra week, do that (shouldn't cost you more than a $150 - cheaper if you shop around). When you walk into a dealership, you don't ever want to express your urgency - or have that urgency in your mind. That way, you can walk out if needed. Spending a little money on the rental could save you a few thousands on the car purchase/lease.

Having said that, from what I've heard, in NJ, the dealers aren't really cutting too many deals. (different story in CA though - too far, I know).
Do shop around to see if dealerships in nearby states can offer better deals. Also read the price threads here to see what other folks are paying in NJ. Hopefully, other GS owners from NJ/NY will chime in on their offers.

All the very best!
thanks for the advice i certainly dont/wont rush into a purchase and havent told the dealer about having to return the rental. so that wont be an issue. keeping the rental has certainly crossed my mind but going out of state has not. i will certainly take that into consideration.
Old 04-19-12, 08:13 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Are there good deals on CPO 3GS units? Pick up something on Leasetrader for the next 9-12 mos?
Old 04-19-12, 09:07 PM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Are there good deals on CPO 3GS units? Pick up something on Leasetrader for the next 9-12 mos?
wow. I never considered that but it may be just what I am looking for. Thanks
Old 04-19-12, 10:28 PM
SoKali-RX
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Have you tried taking advantage of the Lexus $1000 Loyalty Program? Try getting the invoice numbers and shop around different dealerships. When I purchased my gs, I used a lot of different tools including:

http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html

You can save yourself a lot of time and they offer great pricing if you're a amex cardholder. You bring the certificate in to an authorized dealership and they have to honor the price. Hope that helps.