GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Destination Assist.

Old 04-19-12, 08:45 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Destination Assist.

Last night my brother and I were cruising around after work and was craving some wings from Buffalo Wild Wings. We decide to go to destination assit to find out where the closest one was. Anways, we got more than just the directions and address. I got into a pretty interesting conversation on different and new wing flavors that were offered at BW3s. She even gave me some of her own recommendations! Tried them and she was right, they were really tasty! I guess destination assist is more than just "destination" assist Just wanted to share this story with you guys to see if you guys have similar stories. ~Tu
Old 04-19-12, 08:55 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Had a similar experience when I tried out Dest assist recently. I knew the way, but wanted to see how well Dest assist would work (if/when I needed it) - asked for directions to the sundance square (Ft. Worth, TX) - and the representative asked whether I wanted to go to Sundance square club or the actual sundance square! (I didn't even know about a club by that name! lol!)

Anyway, she ended up suggesting some good places to eat nearby - guess she was familiar with the area!
Old 04-19-12, 09:03 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

You guys probably know this already but they can get operators who can speak to you in any other language that you might feel comfortable with if you like. I asked for a Vietnamese operator once and surely enough they had one. Pretty impressive!
Old 04-19-12, 09:47 AM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Did not know you can ask for a vietnamese operator good to know tho.
Old 04-19-12, 09:51 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
You guys probably know this already but they can get operators who can speak to you in any other language that you might feel comfortable with if you like. I asked for a Vietnamese operator once and surely enough they had one. Pretty impressive!
woa... crazy.
Old 04-19-12, 09:54 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice story! Destination assist is such a great feature. Theye even have Zagat ratings of restaurants that you are looking for.
Old 04-19-12, 11:20 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

used DA to go from roosevelt field mall to miracle mile mall in long island. had to buy something for the wife, and when i get stumped i always go to Gucci or Louis Vuitton for a bag. the operator was able to tell me which bags were on sale (after i told her where i was going). Destination Assist is a very cool feature. comes in handy when you really need it. used it in my previous 2 lexus vehicles as well. Neat feature.
Old 04-19-12, 11:29 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
used DA to go from roosevelt field mall to miracle mile mall in long island. had to buy something for the wife, and when i get stumped i always go to Gucci or Louis Vuitton for a bag. the operator was able to tell me which bags were on sale (after i told her where i was going). Destination Assist is a very cool feature. comes in handy when you really need it. used it in my previous 2 lexus vehicles as well. Neat feature.
My 1st wife's parents lived in Rockville Centre, so I know exactly where you're talking about.

As for DA, they would have a much easier job for me. Probably something like "What is the Blizzard of the Month at DQ?" LOL
Old 04-19-12, 12:37 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
My 1st wife's parents lived in Rockville Centre, so I know exactly where you're talking about.

As for DA, they would have a much easier job for me. Probably something like "What is the Blizzard of the Month at DQ?" LOL
caddy,,,, you have issues,,Blzzard of the month LOL. i bought the F-Sport from Rockville Centre Lexus.