GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Going to go pick up my all season mats at the dealerships this afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-12, 03:04 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default All weather/season mats.

I swung by the dealership this afternoon after work to pick up the all season mats that I had ordered a few days ago. I went ahead and had them order me an OEM windshield sun visor for me as well. Anything else missing from the list that you guys might recommend?

Last edited by Room4Tu; 04-10-12 at 09:34 PM.
Old 04-10-12, 05:34 PM
lexesty72
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

F Sport license plate frame?
Old 04-10-12, 08:51 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexesty72
F Sport license plate frame?
Great idea! Saw one on Ebay for almost $50 for an F-sport license plate frame?!! I hope the dealership price is a little better

While I was there picking up the all season mats, I asked the parts guy if he had heard anything about F-Sport lowering springs for the 2013 GS 350. Not sure if this guy really knew what he was talking about but he told me that he doubts anything will be coming out soon or if any at all because the new springs will interfere somehow with the shocks and OEM suspension system on the F-Sport. Like I said, not too sure how accurate this info was.

For those of you who haven't seen the mats yet, here are some quick snap pics of what the all weather mats look like after I put them in this evening. I do feel much more comfortable with these in because before I would have to worry about dragging leaves, grass, dirt, etc. on to the carpet mats especially when it has been raining but now I can just hop in an not have to worry about all that since I can just clean the rubber mats much more easier. Excuse some of the dusty scuff marks and what not. Will have to clean those up this weekend when I have more time.

Driver side

Passenger side

Rear

Close up of rear
Old 04-10-12, 09:18 PM
pttlwin
Rookie

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
Great idea! Saw one on Ebay for almost $50 for an F-sport license plate frame?!! I hope the dealership price is a little better

While I was there picking up the all season mats, I asked the parts guy if he had heard anything about F-Sport lowering springs for the 2013 GS 350. Not sure if this guy really knew what he was talking about but he told me that he doubts anything will be coming out soon or if any at all because the new springs will interfere somehow with the shocks and OEM suspension system on the F-Sport. Like I said, not too sure how accurate this info was.

For those of you who haven't seen the mats yet, here are some quick snap pics of what the all weather mats look like after I put them in this evening. I do feel much more comfortable with these in because before I would have to worry about dragging leaves, grass, dirt, etc. on to the carpet mats especially when it has been raining but now I can just hop in an not have to worry about all that since I can just clean the rubber mats much more easier. Excuse some of the dusty scuff marks and what not. Will have to clean those up this weekend when I have more time.

Driver side

Passenger side

Rear

Close up of rear

Got mine exactly like the one in your pictures for 113 bucks free shipping ebay. They are nice
Old 04-10-12, 09:52 PM
lexesty72
Driver

Someone told me the F Sport license frame on Ebay/Amazon is very flimsy and not worth getting especially it's about $50. The parts department said they will have the F Sport lowering springs around summer time and they can do the install and alignment there too.
Old 04-10-12, 09:53 PM
lexesty72
Driver

Great looking mats btw...
Old 04-10-12, 10:44 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you put the right rear passenger mat on the driver side. Switch them around
Old 04-10-12, 10:48 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
I think you put the right rear passenger mat on the driver side. Switch them around
Good eye! I think you are right. Was kinda in a hurry to get home.
Old 04-10-12, 10:54 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexesty72
Someone told me the F Sport license frame on Ebay/Amazon is very flimsy and not worth getting especially it's about $50. The parts department said they will have the F Sport lowering springs around summer time and they can do the install and alignment there too.
Good to know. Thanks!
Old 04-10-12, 10:56 PM
e39ng
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Room4Tu

Driver side

Passenger side

Rear

Close up of rear
I believed you have the left and right of the rear mats switched....The mat should not be touching the black cover in the front. Here's my rear left mat:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34602213@N08/7066829883/http://www.flickr.com/photos/34602213@N08/7066829883/ by http://www.flickr.com/people/34602213@N08/, on Flickr
Old 04-10-12, 11:01 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by e39ng
I believed you have the left and right of the rear mats switched....The mat should not be touching the black cover in the front. Here's my rear left mat:

2012-04-10_22-47-29_32 by e39ng, on Flickr
Yeah, I was doing this in the dark and couldn't see that well. Will flip them tomorrow. Thanks!
Old 04-11-12, 07:32 AM
EGS350
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for posting those pics. I'll definitely order mine now.

How much did the OEM windshield sun visor cost?
Old 04-11-12, 08:00 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EGS350
Thanks for posting those pics. I'll definitely order mine now.

How much did the OEM windshield sun visor cost?
They quoted me about $30 something bucks which IMO is not bad for an OEM visor.
Old 04-11-12, 08:04 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The mats look good! Some people were complaining about the lip being too small so water would spill over the sides but these look good. Do you think thatd be a potential problem?
Old 04-11-12, 08:12 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexusNN
The mats look good! Some people were complaining about the lip being too small so water would spill over the sides but these look good. Do you think thatd be a potential problem?
Yeah I noticed that too. The lips or surrounding edges are pretty shallow. I do feel like the depth is a lot more shallow compared to the carpet mats. You get more of a solid feeling when stepping on to these comapred to the carpet ones as well. I don't think spilling would be a big problem unless you are in the really snowy regions. Here in Dallas we just get the occasional wet shoes or boots from the rain or thunderstorms.

Quick Reply: Going to go pick up my all season mats at the dealerships this afternoon