GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Bought one! Red on Red AWD F-Sport

Old 04-02-12, 07:45 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Mehran! The car looks great, especially the interior!

When we get together for that beer, I may just have a black on black technology plus. (I've been thinking about it more and more. We'll see what happens...)

P.S. The sales guy emailed me right after he made the sale to you and he called me again today to thank me for the referral. Glad I built up that goodwill with him. Now let's see if I can get a deal for myself...
Old 04-02-12, 07:48 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice man glad you got the car faster then you expected. Just to let you know it does have heated steering wheel
Old 04-02-12, 07:53 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeDoggy
Congrats Mehran! The car looks great, especially the interior!

When we get together for that beer, I may just have a black on black technology plus. (I've been thinking about it more and more. We'll see what happens...)

P.S. The sales guy emailed me right after he made the sale to you and he called me again today to thank me for the referral. Glad I built up that goodwill with him. Now let's see if I can get a deal for myself...
Funny - I was talking to him today and was saying that you should bite the bullet without the technology package. It's nice, but a lot of money for a few nice options. That being said, I've heard the ML is great in the 4GS.

He's a good guy - he picked me up from my house today and drove me down.

All the best! I'm good for a beer whenever!
Old 04-02-12, 07:55 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by GSTONY
Nice man glad you got the car faster then you expected. Just to let you know it does have heated steering wheel
Thanks, me too! Look forward to seeing you on the road. Your color was my original choice, so I definitely won't miss it if I see it.

Yeah - the heated steering wheel was a nice surprise (the brochure said it didn't have it). I actually turned it on to make sure it worked today . The salesperson was surprised that it had it too.

Any other surprises?

I was disappointed that we don't get Enform - not sure why I had thought we did.

Oh, and check my post about the side mirrors when you put the car in reverse. Is yours working as expected (tilting down)?
Old 04-02-12, 07:57 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I see what you mean about the red exterior making the interior look brown. It almost looks like a Saddle color in the sun. Nice!
Old 04-02-12, 09:50 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

you have an EXCLUSIVE on your hands........ like a pair of $10,000.00 JORDANS. very, very nice. wish i could do red. to high maintenance for me. couldn't help but notice the red mini cooper next door hmmmmmm?
Old 04-02-12, 09:56 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mehran888
It's pretty cheesy - but Picasa makes it easy. You can easily spend a few hours trying all the different styles.

Thanks! It's killing me that I'm not driving it right now. I put the car seat in tonight, and have the day off tomorrow. So I'll take my son around town for the day.
looks real sunny over there. don't forget your tints!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-12, 10:17 PM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's pretty cheesy - but Picasa makes it easy. You can easily spend a few hours trying all the different styles.

Thanks! It's killing me that I'm not driving it right now. I put the car seat in tonight, and have the day off tomorrow. So I'll take my son around town for the day.
That Red sure does looks nice! Hey don't forget about the car seat attachments. The sales advisor showed me since there will be kids in my near future. There are two little removable plastic tabs in the leather as well as some hooks behind for easy and quick attachments of the car seats. Enjoy!
Old 04-02-12, 11:02 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, stunning color combination! Nice pictures! Let us know how the drive with your son goes! We might have a future Lexus enthusiast if this car ever gets handed down in the future.
Old 04-03-12, 06:42 AM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow congrats! Red on red looks stunning! I just picked up the GS brochure from the dealership, and according to the color combo chart, red/red is not allowed. Either Lexus changed its mind after the brochure was printed, or we couldn't get red/red in the US. You're lucky you're in Canada!
Old 04-03-12, 07:01 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
There are two little removable plastic tabs in the leather
Removable plastic tabs to attach car seats for kids? Where?
Old 04-03-12, 07:16 AM
mehran888
Advanced

raptor22: The color combo does show up in Canada - so it might be an exclusive combo for Canada. Based on our color chart, we get Black and Cabernet with all F-Sport exterior colors (Starfire, Nebula, Platinum, Red, and "Strated Aluminum". The the first time I've seen that. Strated Aluminum doesn't have a swatch but it's listed there.

Room4Tu: Mine didn't have plastic tabs, but I found the car seat anchors pretty easily. I know what tabs you're talking about though. My friends S4 has them, as does my dad's CLS. For my GS though, the clips are just in between the seat and seatback and take a bit of searching.

sydtoosic: Since you mentioned Jordans, my two year old has matching red and black Nike LBJs. I'll make sure he's wearing them today. The Mini Cooper is nice - and as you mentioned a neighbours. Aside from a Carrera, they're the only other red cars on the street. My street seems to prefer black cars.

Everyone: Thanks guys, going to take it for a spin now. A bird did it's business on it this morning, so I'll have to clean that up first.

Last edited by mehran888; 04-03-12 at 07:21 AM.
Old 04-03-12, 07:27 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Room4Tu: Mine didn't have plastic tabs, but I found the car seat anchors pretty easily. I know what tabs you're talking about though. My friends S4 has them, as does my dad's CLS. For my GS though, the clips are just in between the seat and seatback and take a bit of searching.
The Latch anchors - yeah, those are convenient too (only on the rear side seats, right? Not for the middle 'seat')

Everyone: Thanks guys, going to take it for a spin now. A bird did it's business on it this morning, so I'll have to clean that up first.
Reminds me of an old joke...

In a city park stood two statues, one female and the other male. These two statues faced each other for many years.
Early one morning, an angel appeared before the statues and said, "Since the two of you have been exemplary statues and have brought enjoyment to many people, I am giving you your greatest wish. I herby give you the gift of life. You have 30 minutes to do whatever you desire."
And with that command, the statues came to life, smiled at each other, ran toward some nearby woods and dove behind a couple of bushes.
The angel smiled to himself as he listened to the two statues giggling, bushes rustling and twigs snapping. After 15 minutes, the two statues emerged from the bushes, satisfied and smiling. Puzzled, the angel looked at his watch and asked the statues, "You still have 15 minutes. Would you like to continue?"
The male statue looked at the female and asked, "Do you want to do it again?"
Smiling, the female statue said, "Sure. But this time you hold the pigeon down and I'll crap on its head."
Old 04-03-12, 08:04 AM
mehran888
Advanced

Originally Posted by jj14
The Latch anchors - yeah, those are convenient too (only on the rear side seats, right? Not for the middle 'seat')

Reminds me of an old joke...

In a city park stood two statues, one female and the other male. These two statues faced each other for many years.
Early one morning, an angel appeared before the statues and said, "Since the two of you have been exemplary statues and have brought enjoyment to many people, I am giving you your greatest wish. I herby give you the gift of life. You have 30 minutes to do whatever you desire."
And with that command, the statues came to life, smiled at each other, ran toward some nearby woods and dove behind a couple of bushes.
The angel smiled to himself as he listened to the two statues giggling, bushes rustling and twigs snapping. After 15 minutes, the two statues emerged from the bushes, satisfied and smiling. Puzzled, the angel looked at his watch and asked the statues, "You still have 15 minutes. Would you like to continue?"
The male statue looked at the female and asked, "Do you want to do it again?"
Smiling, the female statue said, "Sure. But this time you hold the pigeon down and I'll crap on its head."
Hahah, good one!

I never thought about the anchors that way. The way I saw it is that there are four anchors (two for left and two for right), but you can use the middle two to put a car seat in the center. I never tried it, but figured it would work fine. For the time being I've put the seat behind the passenger.
Old 04-03-12, 08:46 AM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

raptor22: The color combo does show up in Canada - so it might be an exclusive combo for Canada. Based on our color chart, we get Black and Cabernet with all F-Sport exterior colors (Starfire, Nebula, Platinum, Red, and "Strated Aluminum". The the first time I've seen that. Strated Aluminum doesn't have a swatch but it's listed there.
Looks that way. Lucky The US brochure only has Cabernet with 4 of the 5 F-Sport exterior colors: Starfire, Nebula, Obsidian, and Platinum, no Red.

BTW striated aluminum refers to the interior trim.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bought one! Red on Red AWD F-Sport