GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Did You Know This About Your GS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-12, 12:22 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mrcheerio
i know the feeling ... in the IS you had a digital clock and now its an analog clock, i have to get used to looking for it ...
They taught us how to tell time in pre-school!
Old 04-03-12, 05:09 PM
Lexicated
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I added mirror tilt/reverse, fuel door locks and automatic wiper function after looking through some of the other posts.
Old 04-03-12, 06:30 PM
Liferules
Driver

Originally Posted by faifai83
They taught us how to tell time in pre-school!
LOL...I'm at that stage with my son but it's hard to find any actual clocks to teach him! Most everything is digital these days...
Old 04-05-12, 06:24 AM
Room4Tu
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just learned that there is a button right below the climate control that you can press that will allow the car to sense how many people are in the car to redirect and increase the flow of AC or heat to those people to conserve energy. You guys probably know about this already but I though it was really neat. What a smart car!

I also just found out that if you want to unlock all four doors there is a way to reset the settings through the control screen but the other easy way is just to reach in and touch the rear passenger door handle instead of the driver handle. Touch driver handle only if you want to open only the driver door. Again sorry if this is already basic info, I'm a little slow
Old 04-05-12, 06:37 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
I just learned that there is a button right below the climate control that you can press that will allow the car to sense how many people are in the car to redirect and increase the flow of AC or heat to those people to conserve energy.
yeah, the S-Flow - really neat!
On the luxury package, it will sense whether there is a passenger in front passenger seat, and if not, it will direct air only to driver. On the Premium, it doesn't do this - only disables vents to rear passenger seats.
Regardless, neat feature.
Old 04-05-12, 12:37 PM
Liferules
Driver

Originally Posted by jj14
yeah, the S-Flow - really neat!
On the luxury package, it will sense whether there is a passenger in front passenger seat, and if not, it will direct air only to driver. On the Premium, it doesn't do this - only disables vents to rear passenger seats.
Regardless, neat feature.
Does the same for F-sport as luxury. But it won't sense back seat passengers so you have to remember to unclick the button when driving with back seat passengers. I learned the hard way...
Old 04-05-12, 06:34 PM
texasborn
Rookie

"12.Owner Customization located in owner's manual pages 777-786"

Just how many pages are in this manual???? Geesh.
Old 04-06-12, 05:08 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by texasborn

I opened the glove compartment and showed my GF the owner's manual package. She said "Wow, they included a Bible for you in the deal."
Old 04-06-12, 09:07 AM
crzyis
Driver

Did you guys know about the Grocery Bag hooks in the trunk! Its sort off center to the right side of the car and its a little tab you pull down and two hooks come down, That way grocery items don't go flying when your flying down the road in your 4GS!
Old 04-06-12, 09:36 AM
e39ng
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is also a utility hook behind the rear armrest.
Old 04-06-12, 09:47 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

On my old ES, they had two hooks on the cargo net retaining hooks - in other words, the hooks that the cargo net would be attached to, had small hooks on it to support grocery bags.

The good thing with those was that those were very firmly attached, and left the center of the trunk open for other stuff.
Bad part about those was that it wouldn't take too many bags.
Old 04-06-12, 10:29 AM
Lexicated
Rookie

Originally Posted by texasborn

Ha Ha, over 300 pages on interior features alone!
Old 04-06-12, 01:32 PM
HizGSF
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Room4Tu
I just learned that there is a button right below the climate control that you can press that will allow the car to sense how many people are in the car to redirect and increase the flow of AC or heat to those people to conserve energy. You guys probably know about this already but I though it was really neat. What a smart car!

I also just found out that if you want to unlock all four doors there is a way to reset the settings through the control screen but the other easy way is just to reach in and touch the rear passenger door handle instead of the driver handle. Touch driver handle only if you want to open only the driver door. Again sorry if this is already basic info, I'm a little slow
Thank you for letting us know about button below the climate control. I don't think the dealership knows about that.
Old 04-06-12, 08:50 PM
mehran888
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by crzyis
Did you guys know about the Grocery Bag hooks in the trunk! Its sort off center to the right side of the car and its a little tab you pull down and two hooks come down, That way grocery items don't go flying when your flying down the road in your 4GS!
Did not know this, just checked out my car and saw it now! Awesome. So simple, but very useful. 5kg limit - I presume that's for hanging things that aren't touching the floor of the trunk. I imagine if I have heavier bags that are resting on the floor of the trunk I should be ok.

This is great - and I was going to order a cargo net for my car. No need now!
Old 04-19-12, 05:57 PM
Lexicated
Rookie

Added a couple of things, that fuel evaporation check noise had been driving me crazy, heard it twice and could not figure out what it was. It sounds like a fuel pump noise to me, glad to know it is normal.

Quick Reply: Did You Know This About Your GS?