GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Mark Levinson or Lexus Premium Audio

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-12, 10:38 AM
crzyis
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up the dealers first F-sport with Mark and I love it. Its such an amazing improvement over the mark I had in the Is-F.

For me it came down to only costing me a few hundred more for mark, since the other car I was considering had accessories like trunk mat wheel locks and a few other things vs. the car I got doesn't have those but has mark instead.

So in other words i'll make Mark over a trunk mat and wheel locks any day!

Old 04-02-12, 01:39 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crzyis
I picked up the dealers first F-sport with Mark and I love it. Its such an amazing improvement over the mark I had in the Is-F.

For me it came down to only costing me a few hundred more for mark, since the other car I was considering had accessories like trunk mat wheel locks and a few other things vs. the car I got doesn't have those but has mark instead.

Sounds like a great trade-off to me.
Old 04-02-12, 01:48 PM
MKIV98TT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by crzyis

Better lock up those wheels. You must not have seen the IS-F on blocks in NYC.
Old 04-02-12, 02:04 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkGS
If you have a collection, or want to create a collection of DVD-A/DTS media, then you will likely need to ML system. I highly doubt the premium audio system able to read and decode DVD-A/DTS.

I auditioned the ML system in the 2013 GS and found it to decode DVD-A very well. I would not consider anything but the ML system in a GS, but did find the subwoofer didn't offer as much low end as my 3rd gen GS. That opinion could change with additional listening (my time listening was very short and limited). But overall, I was impressed.
Might want to look into that further. I don't claim to know for sure, but it seems like I read the base system is a true surround sound (5.1) which would mean it would have to play DVD-A's, right?
Old 04-02-12, 02:58 PM
crzyis
Driver

Originally Posted by MKIV98TT
Better lock up those wheels. You must not have seen the IS-F on blocks in NYC.
I live in an area where the median home income is 120k + a year so I don't think its going to be a problem but wheel locks are only like 60 bucks off sewell i think so its still no biggie.
Old 04-02-12, 03:37 PM
Howiiieee
Rookie

It is very hard to find a GS F Sport model with ML right now. My Lexus dealer (Riverside, Ca) had to look very hard for one month, did a swap with a New Orleans dealer, then grab it right after it unloaded in Long Beach. They said this could be the only one in California right now. After inquiring several dealerships, I do believe them.

I did make a lot of noise and fuzz to Lexus HQ and reps about the difficulty of getting this very desirable combo. They promised to send more over to west coast US soon.

I am just glad to have mine and I am blasting it everyday to and from work. I even stayed in the car to finish a song after arriving. It is that good.
Old 04-02-12, 03:45 PM
e39ng
Lead Lap

When I bought my GS luxury, the salesman claimed F-sport model cannot get ML. He said he never seen one with ML. I guess he has no idea what he is talking about.
Old 04-02-12, 03:53 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Might want to look into that further. I don't claim to know for sure, but it seems like I read the base system is a true surround sound (5.1) which would mean it would have to play DVD-A's, right?
not necessarily. dvd-a had so little support and of course is obsolete now we have blu-ray.
Old 04-02-12, 03:54 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by e39ng
When I bought my GS luxury, the salesman claimed F-sport model cannot get ML. He said he never seen one with ML. I guess he has no idea what he is talking about.
not really. it seems they are almost unattainable on the west coast, so he may well have never seen one. while salespeople do plenty to make us think they're clueless, that doesn't always mean they are, or are dishonest.
Old 04-02-12, 03:56 PM
Got PSI
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone needs to come out with a module or some sort of override in order to be able to play DVDs while in motion (for passengers)
Old 04-02-12, 04:19 PM
crzyis
Driver

Originally Posted by Howiiieee
It is very hard to find a GS F Sport model with ML right now. My Lexus dealer (Riverside, Ca) had to look very hard for one month, did a swap with a New Orleans dealer, then grab it right after it unloaded in Long Beach. They said this could be the only one in California right now. After inquiring several dealerships, I do believe them.

I did make a lot of noise and fuzz to Lexus HQ and reps about the difficulty of getting this very desirable combo. They promised to send more over to west coast US soon.

I am just glad to have mine and I am blasting it everyday to and from work. I even stayed in the car to finish a song after arriving. It is that good.
Not True!!! I just picked up my F-Sport with Mark at Keyes Lexus In Van Nuys! I walked in and it was sitting in the showroom waiting for me!

Dealers just play games and say things to keep your business its that simple!

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 4064
Size:  64.2 KB

Last edited by crzyis; 04-02-12 at 04:26 PM. Reason: adding image
Old 04-02-12, 04:25 PM
e39ng
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
not really. it seems they are almost unattainable on the west coast, so he may well have never seen one. while salespeople do plenty to make us think they're clueless, that doesn't always mean they are, or are dishonest.
I understand. But he never seen one doesnt necessarily mean it doesnt exist. He could research a little more before telling me that.
Old 04-02-12, 04:30 PM
MarkGS
Rookie

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Its possible. I know someone who just purchased a Cadillac CTS with the base system. I was 5.1 and did read DVD-A/DTS.
However, 5.1 doesn't mean it will read either. It may be 5.1 for DVD-Video only.
Old 04-02-12, 04:41 PM
MarkGS
Rookie

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
not necessarily. dvd-a had so little support and of course is obsolete now we have blu-ray.
DVD-A and Blu-Ray are not competing formats. While DVD-A does have a video menu system, its generally limited to stills only and offers an audio dedicated format.

DVD-A does have little support, but the quality of music is far beyond stereo. And you can still find them being released (or rather re-released and re-engineered in 5.1). Just look into 7 time grammy winner Elliot Scheiner (who designed the Acura sound system), and the recent release of Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs in DVD-A.

To me, listening to high resolution music in a Lexus just seems like a perfect match.....
Old 04-02-12, 08:32 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by e39ng
Yeah, well, I was originally looking at a Luxury model in Nebula Gray with light gray interior and the manager of the dealership didn't think that combo existed. I had to have him build one on the Lexus website to prove it.

Quick Reply: Mark Levinson or Lexus Premium Audio