GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Parted ways after three weeks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-12, 03:34 PM
crzyis
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Time for you to go be proud of your self for driving a German Car! Guess Lexus didn't provide you the pride of ownership you were looking for!

Hope your enjoy your next "boring" German car!
Old 03-28-12, 03:38 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Individual
I think he meant to say that he is looking for something else that is unassuming and what his wife calls boring.
Exactly what I/she meant.
Old 03-28-12, 03:41 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by crzyis
Time for you to go be proud of your self for driving a German Car! Guess Lexus didn't provide you the pride of ownership you were looking for!

I knew it was only a matter of time before the sarcastic responses started flowing in. I will not match sarcasm with sarcasm so with that said, THANKS!
Old 03-28-12, 03:53 PM
Jaymez56
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GX4704ME
Thanks! I am thinking about the Audi A7 or BMW 535 GT
GX...sorry to see you go. But I understand that you have to "feel it" sometimes.

Just my two cents - a buddy of mine just got rid of his 535 GT after 13 months. He has had multiple 5 series in the past and got this one for the family. Said it just doesn't drive like a BMW anymore. A "little piggish" were his exact words. He traded it for a X6.

Good luck with what you do end up choosing!
Old 03-28-12, 04:05 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Well, in the end, you gotta do what is going to make you happy.

Thanks for letting the group know and the potential new customer of your car.

I know it's hard to believe but I don't have anything negative to say about the car itself. However, on a personal note I'd much prefer something a lil bigger, less sporty looking, and overall unassuming or as my wife say...BORING looking!
Sounds like a flagship is what you're after. I remembered reading a thread where you mentioned you wanted the prestige factor.

So what is this car that you're thinking of-a new 7, A8, or S class??

Last edited by GS3Tek; 03-28-12 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-28-12, 04:11 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Well, in the end, you gotta do what is going to make you happy.

Thanks for letting the group know and the potential new customer of your car.

Sounds like a flagship is what you're after. I remembered reading a thread where you mentioned you wanted the prestige factor.

So what is this car that you're thinking of-a new 7, A8, or S class??
Flagship...hardly!? I am considering the Audi A7 or BMW 535 GT I would even get a Lexus LS if Blind Spot Assist was an option.
Old 03-28-12, 04:17 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Flagship...hardly!? I am considering the Audi A7 or BMW 535 GT I would even get a Lexus LS if Blind Spot Assist was an option.
535 GT?
Your wife is right and I quote you again:

overall unassuming or as my wife say...BORING looking!
Between the 2, I'd go for the A7.
However, I dont' see the A7 as being big though.
Old 03-28-12, 05:56 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Everything about this thread is excellent. Props to you Sir....
Indeed.

Hope you hang around, I like your style
Old 03-28-12, 06:31 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

BTW, just to point out that you are not alone, I also found ALL the Lexus SUV's unassuming and boring looking so I bought a 2011 Loaded Mercedes GL450. I LOVE my SUV and glad we bought it.

So I dont have a Lexus (i had 2 in the past) but I still come to these awesome forums!

Also, there is probably a meaning to your name GX4704ME so you are a Lexus fan. So what is the reason behind your screen name? ( just curious)
Old 03-28-12, 07:05 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by NYlexus
BTW, just to point out that you are not alone, I also found ALL the Lexus SUV's unassuming and boring looking so I bought a 2011 Loaded Mercedes GL450. I LOVE my SUV and glad we bought it.

So I dont have a Lexus (i had 2 in the past) but I still come to these awesome forums!

Also, there is probably a meaning to your name GX4704ME so you are a Lexus fan. So what is the reason behind your screen name? ( just curious)
Back in the day I had a 2006 GX470 and it was awesome. That's when I feel in love with Mark Levinson.

Even though blind spot assist is a must, and Lexus only puts blind spot assist on the new GS350, I'm still going in to test drive a GORGEOUS black demo LS.
Old 03-28-12, 08:11 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Maybe the '13 LS??? I'm sure that will have blind spot.
It is less sporty and more luxurious like what you want. It's the flagship and it's the best of the best. I'm sure the new model will be nothing less than perfection.
Old 03-28-12, 08:38 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Back in the day I had a 2006 GX470 and it was awesome. That's when I feel in love with Mark Levinson.

Even though blind spot assist is a must, and Lexus only puts blind spot assist on the new GS350, I'm still going in to test drive a GORGEOUS black demo LS.
new LS is not that far off actually :-).
Old 03-28-12, 10:15 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink

Thanks! I am thinking about the Audi A7 or BMW 535 GT
I think the A7 is a stunning car but read the threads on road noise in Audiworld. It seems that the hatchback design of the car lends itself more to this than a car like an A6 with a typical trunk. You may want to take an extensive test drive to see this is a problem for you.

Also, read the negative comments re: the "premium" BOSE system in the car. Many seem to be unhappy with it, which would require an update to B&O which is another $6k.

I can totally understand where you may think the style of the F Sport is a bit more "boy racer" than the you'd like and you want to go a little more conservative. To each his own, and good luck with your next purchase!

Also, you're not alone. I bought a white Audi A5 S-Line on impulse because stock was so limited when the car first came out and I had to have one. I never liked the white and traded it in on a black one within 3 months.

If we could all just start treating cars like appliances to get us from point A to B we could save a lot of money.
Old 03-28-12, 11:46 PM
GX4704ME
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dseag2
I think the A7 is a stunning car but read the threads on road noise in Audiworld. It seems that the hatchback design of the car lends itself more to this than a car like an A6 with a typical trunk. You may want to take an extensive test drive to see this is a problem for you.

Also, read the negative comments re: the "premium" BOSE system in the car. Many seem to be unhappy with it, which would require an update to B&O which is another $6k.

I can totally understand where you may think the style of the F Sport is a bit more "boy racer" than the you'd like and you want to go a little more conservative. To each his own, and good luck with your next purchase!

Also, you're not alone. I bought a white Audi A5 S-Line on impulse because stock was so limited when the car first came out and I had to have one. I never liked the white and traded it in on a black one within 3 months.

If we could all just start treating cars like appliances to get us from point A to B we could save a lot of money.

I guess it happens more often than people think. The finance lady at the Lexus dealership assured me that what I did was peanuts compared to the LS lady as they call her. Apparently she purchased an LS and traded it in 3 days later for a $20k loss because she hated the color! The hit I took wasn't even half that amount!
Old 03-29-12, 04:59 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by crzyis

IMO, that was uncalled for. Everyone is entitled to their choice.
@op, thanks for the update. Don't be a stranger

Quick Reply: Parted ways after three weeks!