GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Droid Razr Bluetooth (MAP) Integration

Old 03-18-12, 02:41 PM
Lexicated
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Droid Razr Bluetooth (MAP) Integration

Picked up our Liquid Platinum (premium)GS yesterday and love it. However, I'm having trouble getting the Messaging to work with Bluetooth. The phone pairs up fine, but text messages will not transfer. I read Joehp1's post and searched. I found the Razr does support MAP, but I can't find any specific settings on the phone or the GS (found the general settings in GS). Also, loaded Lexus Enform applications, the apps work fine with the phone.

I unpaired and repaired the phone. At one point it would show the message icon, but would not transfer or receive new messages. I read through the Lexus owner’s manual, Lexus website (list as a compatible phone), but can't find any specific help on the messaging.

Anyone know a solution? My wife also has a Droid 2, same issue, phone connects, no messaging.
Old 03-18-12, 03:47 PM
joehp1
Rookie

Even though my phone is listed as compatible, it does not have the MAP function. So, it will not work with the messaging. I have the hTC Evo 4G phone. It works with all other functions on the nav. Sucks!
Old 03-18-12, 03:57 PM
Lexicated
Rookie

Originally Posted by joehp1
Even though my phone is listed as compatible, it does not have the MAP function. So, it will not work with the messaging. I have the hTC Evo 4G phone. It works with all other functions on the nav. Sucks!
The Droid does have MAP, still does not work (unless I'm missing a setting).
Old 03-18-12, 11:46 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexicated
The Droid does have MAP, still does not work (unless I'm missing a setting).
...I have the same issue with my Droid Bionic...ai yah
Old 03-31-12, 05:25 PM
Lexicated
Rookie

Anyone havie any luck with their Droid Bionic or Razr? I'm thinking of erasing all my text messages, maybe it is trying to load all of them initially.
Old 03-31-12, 06:46 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Just a thought. For legal reasons could they have tricked that to work only when the car is in park ??? I know a lot of pressure (according to consumer reports) is being put on manufactures to limit features that could be distracting while the vehicle is being driven.
Originally Posted by Lexicated
Picked up our Liquid Platinum (premium)GS yesterday and love it. However, I'm having trouble getting the Messaging to work with Bluetooth. The phone pairs up fine, but text messages will not transfer. I read Joehp1's post and searched. I found the Razr does support MAP, but I can't find any specific settings on the phone or the GS (found the general settings in GS). Also, loaded Lexus Enform applications, the apps work fine with the phone.

I unpaired and repaired the phone. At one point it would show the message icon, but would not transfer or receive new messages. I read through the Lexus owner’s manual, Lexus website (list as a compatible phone), but can't find any specific help on the messaging.

Anyone know a solution? My wife also has a Droid 2, same issue, phone connects, no messaging.
Old 03-31-12, 07:03 PM
Lexicated
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Just a thought. For legal reasons could they have tricked that to work only when the car is in park ??? I know a lot of pressure (according to consumer reports) is being put on manufactures to limit features that could be distracting while the vehicle is being driven.
I agree with limiting distractions, watching people text and drive is very aggravating and dangerous.

I've tried sitting in park. The integration allows the car to read the text to you so that you don't have to look at the screen. There are pre-programed responses (you can edit) such as: "I'm driving right now" that you can click on to respond.
Everything else works fine; I just can't get the Message Access Profile (MAP) to work even though the phone and car support it.
Old 04-01-12, 11:07 AM
e39ng
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Droid Razr Maxx and on the car screen it shows I got a message but when I click on it, it will say cannot be retrieved....

Update: I tried my another phone, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket and the text messages works!!. The screen will pop up when new message recevied and will read it out. However, seems only work on SMS, i cannot get email to work.

Last edited by e39ng; 04-01-12 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-06-12, 10:55 AM
Lexicated
Rookie

Just a quick update, after talking with Lexus Tech Support directly, I was informed that the MAP function will not work on the Droid Razr. Odd since MAP is on the Razr. I’m convinced it’s a glitch and hoping that future updates will resolve the issue. Everything else works fine, just no email or MAP (Reads text).
Old 04-06-12, 12:24 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also told the tech representative at my dealer that same thing in regards to the Droid map feature. They better update the Lexus software.
Old 06-07-12, 07:05 PM
alk3997
Driver School Candidate

Droid3 and DroidX don't appear to work either with the '13 RX450h. I'm assuming this is the same problem as on the new GS. Everything else works but text/email transfers.
Old 06-08-12, 05:05 AM
joehp1
Rookie

You have to go into your phones Bluetooth settings under advanced. There should be an option there to turn on map. If not there, it does not support it. I just got new HTC LTE phone and it has this function. In car it shows in phone setting, under messaging. If messaging is grayed out, it is not connected to map on your phone. Now my text messages show up. For some reason emails don't and I don't get notification sound, even though these settings are turned on from the car app.
Old 06-08-12, 05:51 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

When the Droid Razr connects to the car for the first time it will ask you to select yes for MAP and PPAB. That is message and phone book. Only the phone book transfer works but not the message. The Droid Razr does have MAP but car is not supporting it for this phone which is beyond ridiculous. I mean come on Lexus try to make the car system compatible with the latest phones. Its not that hard really as I know from my end with softwares. The Android 4.0 will be updated on the Droid Razr on June 12 so stay put. It will dramatically upgrade the phone look and features. Then the MAP feature will work similar to the Galaxy phone ice cream sandwich software that is working perfectly well with the car.
Old 06-08-12, 08:07 AM
alk3997
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joehp1
You have to go into your phones Bluetooth settings under advanced. There should be an option there to turn on map. If not there, it does not support it. I just got new HTC LTE phone and it has this function. In car it shows in phone setting, under messaging. If messaging is grayed out, it is not connected to map on your phone. Now my text messages show up. For some reason emails don't and I don't get notification sound, even though these settings are turned on from the car app.
In this case, the Messages button is *not* grayed out. When selecting Messages, the transfer starts and then an error message appears that the message buffer could not be transferred (or similar words). You then end up in the correct screen with SMS Text and Email folders but nothing is in the folders.

Hopefully the new OS drop will help the MAP situation.

Also note that if you go into one of the sub-options under Messages, you can see what protocols are supported by the Bluetooth connection and your phone.

Last edited by alk3997; 06-09-12 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-23-12, 08:48 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

To all with droid razr, the new Android 4.0 allows the map to work flawlessly with my droid razr maxx! Im am very happy. Updates are being pushed to your phones from verizon today!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Droid Razr Bluetooth (MAP) Integration