GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

On my way to pick up my F-Sport :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-12, 01:03 PM
ego29iste
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great car. Ordered mine and now waiting. GS350 F sport AWD. Same exterior color as yours but went with the Cabernet interior. My prior car was a 2011 BMW 335i convertible that I purchased new. I loved that car but was ready for a change and the new 5 series just didn't get me excited.

I got all the main options and really wanted the ML audio but they had none in stock. I would have had to wait for 3-4 months and the standard audio seemed decent though not comparable to the HK in my BMW. Hoping to give a detailed review with pics once I get my hands on the car. Till then the agonizing wait for a few more weeks.
Old 05-03-12, 01:30 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ego29iste
Great car. Ordered mine and now waiting. GS350 F sport AWD. Same exterior color as yours but went with the Cabernet interior. My prior car was a 2011 BMW 335i convertible that I purchased new. I loved that car but was ready for a change and the new 5 series just didn't get me excited.

I got all the main options and really wanted the ML audio but they had none in stock. I would have had to wait for 3-4 months and the standard audio seemed decent though not comparable to the HK in my BMW. Hoping to give a detailed review with pics once I get my hands on the car. Till then the agonizing wait for a few more weeks.
You are very much like me!! I had a 2011 BMW 535i xdrive (new generation) for 1 year and it was a boring car and I was very dissapointed with it after 1 year that i got rid of it and now have a 2013 Lexus GS F-sport. Its a much better and more engaging car like my 2008 BMW 335xi coupe that I still have. Yet the ride is more comfortable and more fluid over bad roads and on highways and handles excellently compared to my BMW 535i that felt out of touch with the road and was always numb.
Old 05-03-12, 02:16 PM
ego29iste
Driver School Candidate

Glad to hear. The 2011 convertible was my second car from BMW and I was ready for a change. I was never bored with the driving dynamics but after a long day at work the constantly increasing roar of the run flats was starting to irritate. Plus being a hard top convertible there would be a rattle or two that started to grate on me. I took it to the service department several times and they did try to fix it. However, the rattles never completely went away. I might be aging prematurely but in my early thirties I decided I wanted a ride that is sporty enough with a more fluid and comfortable ride to absorb all the bumps on the road with a great interior.

I happened to test drive the new ML 350 and the new C350 4MATIC coupe from Benz. Nice cars with a solid bank vault like feel (more so the ML) on the highway but the Lexus just seemed to be a better fit. I think Lexus did a great job with this car to pull me in to their showroom with this model. Been to the dealer three times now and at 32 I seemed to be by far the youngest customer in the entire dealership.

Last edited by ego29iste; 05-03-12 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-03-12, 03:07 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Talking

Originally Posted by ego29iste
Glad to hear. The 2011 convertible was my second car from BMW and I was ready for a change. I was never bored with the driving dynamics but after a long day at work the constantly increasing roar of the run flats was starting to irritate. Plus being a hard top convertible there would be a rattle or two that started to grate on me. I took it to the service department several times and they did try to fix it. However, the rattles never completely went away. I might be aging prematurely but in my early thirties I decided I wanted a ride that is sporty enough with a more fluid and comfortable ride to absorb all the bumps on the road with a great interior.

I happened to test drive the new ML 350 and the new C350 4MATIC coupe from Benz. Nice cars with a solid bank vault like feel (more so the ML) on the highway but the Lexus just seemed to be a better fit. I think Lexus did a great job with this car to pull me in to their showroom with this model. Been to the dealer three times now and at 32 I seemed to be by far the youngest customer in the entire dealership.
I have the 2010 Ml350 which I love and its very smooth and is solid year round. I am 28 years old so I beat you there as the youngest at my dealer for the GS. I also demand a well rounded car and with no runflats, vibration, or rattles. Even I thought I was prematurely aging but hey its what drives us to love these cars that matters the most! I am particular too about car ride and handling.

Welcome to Lexus!! Show pictures when you get your F-Sport!

Last edited by Rexus300; 05-03-12 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-03-12, 07:28 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Congrats! Looks great! I too had a good experience at Westminster. Well done.
Old 05-04-12, 03:03 AM
03LX470
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrislee
Got a full 50% 3m tint all the way around (including the front windshield)

Which film from 3M is I might ask?

That black tint has a nice shine/gloss unlike the other 3M I've used (which is CS and Crystalline)
Old 05-04-12, 08:56 PM
Winson6628
Driver

Originally Posted by Rexus300
I have the 2010 Ml350 which I love and its very smooth and is solid year round. I am 28 years old so I beat you there as the youngest at my dealer for the GS. I also demand a well rounded car and with no runflats, vibration, or rattles. Even I thought I was prematurely aging but hey its what drives us to love these cars that matters the most! I am particular too about car ride and handling.

Welcome to Lexus!! Show pictures when you get your F-Sport!

I have u both beat on age. Im 24 years old and got the new 2013 GS350 a few weeks ago. I got the star pearl white with black interior. I love the car, cant wait to mod it alittle. Getting windows tinted, mine doesnt have the remote start, so gonna get that. An intake, and maybe a really nice catback exhaust system when one comes out for it. Its overall an nice ride. I love it, its my very first car I own instead of my parents paying for it and owning it. This one is all mine. Im new to the club too. But welcome tho.
Old 05-05-12, 07:47 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm not a big fan of white cars, but the GS looks fantastic in Starfire Pearl. Well done, guys!
Old 05-06-12, 11:00 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Winson6628
I have u both beat on age. Im 24 years old and got the new 2013 GS350 a few weeks ago. I got the star pearl white with black interior. I love the car, cant wait to mod it alittle. Getting windows tinted, mine doesnt have the remote start, so gonna get that. An intake, and maybe a really nice catback exhaust system when one comes out for it. Its overall an nice ride. I love it, its my very first car I own instead of my parents paying for it and owning it. This one is all mine. Im new to the club too. But welcome tho.
How do you afford a GS at 24? I can afford one no problem now... got my first 3GS at 31 years old, but at 24 years old, I couldn't think of it.
Old 05-06-12, 11:44 AM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jre002
How do you afford a GS at 24? I can afford one no problem now... got my first 3GS at 31 years old, but at 24 years old, I couldn't think of it.
At age 24, I drove a five year old Volvo that cost $2050 brand new. No A/C or power anything. I installed a used AM/FM radio that I bought for $100.
Old 05-06-12, 12:06 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 206 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
That tint looks sick, I wish we could do our windshield
100% positive, full windshield tint is illegal everywhere. Been there done that, not worth the hassle.

Congrats on the car OP!
Old 05-06-12, 12:25 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Winson6628
Congrats! I did get my 3GS at the age of 23 but at that time i couldn't afford the lease but now I am proud to own my own 4GS at age of 28 along with my BMW 3 coupe. Its worth it. Show me pics of your car when you finish modding! Is it an F-Sport or Premium?
Old 05-08-12, 07:54 AM
Winson6628
Driver

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Congrats! I did get my 3GS at the age of 23 but at that time i couldn't afford the lease but now I am proud to own my own 4GS at age of 28 along with my BMW 3 coupe. Its worth it. Show me pics of your car when you finish modding! Is it an F-Sport or Premium?
I'm an restaurant owner, taking over my dads business, that's y I can afford it. :-) its my very first car I'm owning. My old car was under my dads name. So technically wasn't mind. I got the exact same 4GS as Chrislee. The F sport, but wish they had an package that had both f sport and premium options mixed together. But love the car, yes def will have pics later.
Old 05-08-12, 09:44 AM
wlmngtn310
Driver

I am 22 and my parents paid my old Infiniti G and my current 4GS
F-Sport...

Sike!
Been paying my own **** since I started working after high school. Lol
Hard work pays off my friend, and kudos for taking over your pops place. Wish I could take over my dads shop and get real money.
Old 05-08-12, 09:49 AM
chrislee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 03LX470
Which film from 3M is I might ask?

That black tint has a nice shine/gloss unlike the other 3M I've used (which is CS and Crystalline)
It's 3m not sure which line

Originally Posted by jtrue28
100% positive, full windshield tint is illegal everywhere. Been there done that, not worth the hassle.

Congrats on the car OP!
You are correct.

FYI: I removed the front tint. Costly error and kicking myself for not "knowing". The Tint made all the imperfection of the glass much more noticeable. Kind of had a wavy look that in some lights was really annoying.

When speaking with the installer i asked specifically what are the drawbacks of tinting the front glass and this never came up. A few days after the install I went down there and showed them and the owner (Travis) knew exactly what I was talking about. hmm wonder why he didn't inform me of it what I asked before the install? They didn't refund any $ as there was nothing wrong with their install. I went to a "premium installer" because was looking for great advice, service and installation.

Obviously it's my fault for not "knowing" but I would not recommend San Diego Tint http://sdtint.com/

Quick Reply: On my way to pick up my F-Sport :)