GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

ISS Forged 4GS R&D Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-12, 03:17 PM
GSGUAM
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just pulled the trigger on the system...

Mike @ ISS is awesome!!!!Great service.
Old 09-05-12, 02:02 PM
maxwebr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for those who have this system now.. how do you like it? any droning? I am kind of waiting for JoeZ to bring out his system to decide (which should be in the fall).
Old 09-05-12, 03:40 PM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Hey ISS FORGED have you consider making ti tips for the stock exhaust tips like what they did for the ISF?? So you can Just slip them on and add your exhaust system then It will be complete
Old 09-22-12, 06:31 PM
Mi1lion
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they scraped the project, it's prob because they were obnoxiously priced. $2,250 for an exhaust system that's going on a Lexus? Really? Not knocking the quality or class of Lexus, but one could get a descent exhaust system for a Ferrari at that price. Guys, take your car to a reputable custom exhaust shop (not meineke) and have them swap out your stock mufflers with Magnaflow's, because that's what ISS used. I'll post some pics and a sound clip when I get mine done.
Old 09-25-12, 08:38 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Mi1lion
If they scraped the project, it's prob because they were obnoxiously priced. $2,250 for an exhaust system that's going on a Lexus? Really? Not knocking the quality or class of Lexus, but one could get a descent exhaust system for a Ferrari at that price. Guys, take your car to a reputable custom exhaust shop (not meineke) and have them swap out your stock mufflers with Magnaflow's, because that's what ISS used. I'll post some pics and a sound clip when I get mine done.
i believe i saw you leased your car. you'll swap the exhausts on a leased car?
Old 10-02-12, 05:44 AM
mylexusgsf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust

Originally Posted by Mi1lion
cool let me know how the magnaflow sounds yes i do believe the price they are charging for the exhaust is crazy!!
Old 10-02-12, 02:54 PM
GSGUAM
Driver

Originally Posted by maxwebr
for those who have this system now.. how do you like it? any droning? I am kind of waiting for JoeZ to bring out his system to decide (which should be in the fall).
NO DRONING! Sweet sounding system! I can feel the difference, much more responsive.
Attached Thumbnails ISS Forged 4GS R&D Exhaust System-sd-33.jpg   ISS Forged 4GS R&D Exhaust System-sd-012.jpg  
Old 10-02-12, 09:31 PM
wlmngtn310
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GSGUAM, can you please post a decent sound clip video?

And as for everyone saying its expensive, its hard to say unless you look at the qualify of the welds and hear the sound.
Old 10-03-12, 04:25 AM
Mi1lion
Driver

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i believe i saw you leased your car. you'll swap the exhausts on a leased car?
I plan on buying it out after the 3yrs, so why not? It's bolt on, and I can throw it on my garage lift and swap it out.
Old 10-03-12, 09:28 AM
maxwebr
Driver

sweet... I am planning on making a decision next month.. maybe the ISS will be an early Holday gift to myself.

Thanks GSGUAM!
Old 10-03-12, 04:35 PM
GSGUAM
Driver

Originally Posted by wlmngtn310
GSGUAM, can you please post a decent sound clip video?

And as for everyone saying its expensive, its hard to say unless you look at the qualify of the welds and hear the sound.
I will as soon as I get it back...having the wald kit fitted and color match. she has been dropped 1.75".
now almost complete. as soon as I get it all completed, I will post my complete built from stock to final stage(wald kit), with sound clips and a video. with CV3 and CV7's.

Old 10-03-12, 08:28 PM
HizGSF
Driver

Originally Posted by GSGUAM
I will as soon as I get it back...having the wald kit fitted and color match. she has been dropped 1.75".
now almost complete. as soon as I get it all completed, I will post my complete built from stock to final stage(wald kit), with sound clips and a video. with CV3 and CV7's.

What kind of muffler was used. Did you get the exhaust system for $1550 as initially priced or the higher price of over 2K?

Last edited by HizGSF; 10-03-12 at 08:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-18-13, 12:31 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Raising this thread back from the dead! Those who bought the iss forged exhaust, how is it now that its broken now in? Is it worth the $2200 they are asking for?
Old 01-23-13, 11:30 AM
terrycs
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds a little too steep for 5 WHp gain.

Originally Posted by yardie876
Raising this thread back from the dead! Those who bought the iss forged exhaust, how is it now that its broken now in? Is it worth the $2200 they are asking for?
Old 01-24-13, 02:15 PM
maxwebr
Driver

Still waiting for JoeZ exhaust and price.. still no word. I haven't got it either yet.. mainly due to the price.

Quick Reply: ISS Forged 4GS R&D Exhaust System