GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Price thread - what kind of deal did you get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-12, 11:35 AM
crzyis
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a6s
Gs350 F-Sport

MSRP $56,200
Reduced $4,000 off MSRP
Sold to me for $52,000
Free scheduled maintenance for 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k
$4,650 down
$600 month (tax included) for 36 months
12,000 miles a year.

Grey Nebula pearl on Cabernet

First day with car, I must say... This could be love...
Glad it went to a good Home! I test drove that exact car and loved it but couldn't get the wife to dealer that day to make the deal happen! Enjoy!!!!! it was gorgeous combo!!!
Old 03-13-12, 03:23 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnwang12
if u check against truecar.com and cars.com, you will see the difference... but looks like u did not pay Regional Ads fee... great...
Regional ad fee was paid here:

TDA .........................................: $ 704.00
Old 03-13-12, 10:05 PM
dreamG
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 40 Posts
Default DFW deals

Hello all,

I am interested in getting this car and have spoken with a sales person at Sewell Dallas, TX and he said there is no discount, even no loyalty discount or any rebates.

For those of you from the Dallas area, what deals are expected from Sewell or Park Place? Paying MSRP is too much, IMO.

Thanks!!
Old 03-13-12, 10:08 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Originally Posted by dreamG
Hello all,

I am interested in getting this car and have spoken with a sales person at Sewell Dallas, TX and he said there is no discount, even no loyalty discount or any rebates.

For those of you from the Dallas area, what deals are expected from Sewell or Park Place? Paying MSRP is too much, IMO.

Thanks!!
Invoice price is the right price!
Old 03-13-12, 11:53 PM
ISF350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I shop for new car I usually go at invoice price (research). That is fair price or goes a little lower then add fee & tax for OTD. So the basic fair price for car buyer is sticker price = OTD price or go on to the next one. No rush for me
Old 03-14-12, 06:01 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamG
Hello all,

Thanks!!
If you are willing to go a little distance, Lexus of Austin will probably cut you a deal (they offered me $2k below MSRP). It is about 200 miles from Dallas, but may be worth it.

Sewell and Park place aren't budging from MSRP - yet, and at least 4 people that I know (from Dallas area) went to Lexus of Austin for their GS because of this. One person even managed to get them to throw in the tint and paint protection film for about $400.

If you are trading in your car, Sewell/PP may give you a better rate to get your business, but (IMO) it almost seems like they have an informal agreement between these dealerships that they will keep the prices at MSRP as long as possible.
Old 03-14-12, 10:35 AM
Liferules
Driver

Market is tough in Texas. I sent email inquiries to 6 dealerships all within 4 hour drive of Dallas listing requested color/interior and received 2 replies (Austin and Shreveport)--both just telling me what they had on lot which wasn't the color I had wanted. None offered to order for me and none offered below MSRP. Didn't seem they were very hungry for customers...
Old 03-14-12, 10:45 AM
jj14
Lead Lap

@Liferules - when was that? I initially got that response from lexus of Austin (that they were only selling at MSRP), and I told them that I wasn't interested. A week or two later, I got another response indicating that they were willing to go below MSRP, and get the exact car that I wanted (even if they had to get it from another dealership or from manufacturer if need be).

Guess they got hungrier?

About 4 people I know got similar (or better offers) from that same dealership (internet sales team only), and two of them have picked their car up already.
Old 03-14-12, 01:43 PM
Liferules
Driver

It was within the last 2 weeks. They replied quickly, at first said they'd only talk over the phone and refused to send quotes over email. Then sent an email regarding inventory and that was it. Nothing since--though to their defense, I never called--though I didn't want to call...thought that was what internet sales were about--not being on the phone or in the dealership but more through messaging/emails...
Old 03-14-12, 01:49 PM
jj14
Lead Lap

Hmm... not sure why.... I (and my friends) did all our negotiating via Email.
In the end, I didn't go with them because he wanted to charge me more than what I was offered at another location (he later offered me the same price, but by then, I had agreed to purchase elsewhere), but my friends got better offers than I did - all over Email. They called only to confirm the date and payment details, and then drove there on that date.

I agree though - internet sales should not require a phone call. But maybe they just want to be sure that you are serious about the purchase. Since you aren't getting better pricing in DFW, you could just give them a call to see what they can offer.

Sorry - I don't have a better/different suggestion.
Old 03-14-12, 04:37 PM
FsportDFW
Driver School Candidate

Internet Sales people don't want to email you their quotes because you can easily forward it on their competition. Seeing a quote on paper is way different than having a customer tell you that they were offered "x" deal at "y" dealership.
Old 03-14-12, 05:34 PM
dreamG
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks for the advice, guys! I really like the car but knowing that others can get it below MSRP elsewhere, make me hesitate to buy here in Dallas. Austin isn't too far away though. One option is to just wait until the demand dies down.
Old 03-15-12, 03:52 PM
kdsr123
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats a good price to pay for the 2013 Lexus GSF with all the options?

thanks
Old 03-15-12, 06:14 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Originally Posted by kdsr123
Whats a good price to pay for the 2013 Lexus GSF with all the options?

thanks
Invoice price!
Old 03-17-12, 07:17 PM
LEX900
Rookie

Originally Posted by faifai83
I just got a Premium GS 350 for invoice less $1000 for the GS Performance Drive!
You're my idol. Wish I could find that in NY/NJ

Quick Reply: Price thread - what kind of deal did you get?