GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Changing Radio Stations?

Old 02-20-12, 04:18 PM
Andy111
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing Radio Stations?

Took the GS 350 for a test drive. Thought it drove really good. Was a little disappointed that they are only offerring it at MSRP. Probably will wait until early summer.

One question: How do you change radio stations? Do you use the mouse and navigation screen or is there an easier way?
Old 02-20-12, 05:16 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy111
Took the GS 350 for a test drive. Thought it drove really good. Was a little disappointed that they are only offerring it at MSRP. Probably will wait until early summer.

One question: How do you change radio stations? Do you use the mouse and navigation screen or is there an easier way?
...there's supposed to be a toggle on the steering wheel...
Old 02-20-12, 07:35 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

The steering wheel and doesnt it have one of the ***** below the nav? Or is that used for something else?
Old 02-20-12, 07:39 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNN
The steering wheel and doesnt it have one of the ***** below the nav? Or is that used for something else?
...the **** on the right below the nav.
Old 02-20-12, 08:56 PM
alienjorge
Driver School Candidate

The steering wheel and with the mouse. No it has 6 setting which you can save upto 6 of your favorite stations in each set including satelite, fm,am etc on each set. Easiest way is using the steering wheel. You also have bluetooth radio where it uses you phone for sound but without the aux cable
Old 02-21-12, 08:50 AM
MichaelLop
Driver School Candidate

to change the radio station you have a few options.
you can turn the tune **** (the one below the nav on the right).
you can scan by holding down the up arrow below the volume keys on the steering wheel or selecting scan while on the radio menu.
the arrows on the steering wheel will also quickly browse your presets as already mentioned.
Old 02-21-12, 12:40 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Someday in the future, a car manufacturer will build a car with five or six buttons on the dash board so that all you have to do is reach and push a simple button. That car company will be given an award rivaling the Nobel Peace price for building such a simple, intuitive way to operate your radio while driving.
Old 02-21-12, 12:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Someday in the future, a car manufacturer will build a car with five or six buttons on the dash board so that all you have to do is reach and push a simple button. That car company will be given an award rivaling the Nobel Peace price for building such a simple, intuitive way to operate your radio while driving.
steve job: one button or less

just look at iphone for inspiration
Old 02-24-12, 08:27 AM
MichaelLop
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jjscsix
you're looking backwards. it's more likely we will have voice actuated controls that use natural speech recognition, much like siri on the iphone. especially with the current stigmas on operating dials and controls while driving.

also how would it be possible to control an entire car with five or six buttons? i can do you one better, no buttons all touchscreen. see the lf-lc for reference.
Old 02-24-12, 09:28 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy111

Historically, this is nothing new when a new model launches. Give it a few months and you will find better deals.

You can change radio stations 3 ways. 1 via the main control panel via remote touch, 2 the radio head unit itself, 3 the left side steering wheel controls.
Old 02-24-12, 09:56 AM
tomoshort
Driver School Candidate

How about this? I learned that if I connect my IPOD to the USB connection, it transfers command of the device to my car I then turn it on, select "all" under ARTISTS,and tuck it away in the side console. After that, and assuming I have the IPOD Mode selected, I can control the Unit by voice command. I simply push the voice ICON on the steering wheel. I say something like "Play Artist Elvis Presley". The voice prompt asks me to confirm it When I say "yes", my Elvis library starts playing. Way cool!
Old 02-24-12, 10:56 AM
Liferules
Driver

Very cool! I was very impressed with the electronic features of the car when I test drove it. Lots of standard features such as the iPod USB connection that one has to pay lots extra for if BMW, Mercedes, or Audi...
Old 02-24-12, 03:15 PM
tomoshort
Driver School Candidate

I must say I like all this technology. I Also like the notion that with this being a Lexus, it will all probably still be working 5 years from now. I have never had a single problem with my GS 400.
Old 04-03-12, 05:33 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

OK, I'm bringing this thread back because there doesn't appear to be a very good solution to increment one radio station (satellite or AM/FM) - NOT PRESET aside from reaching across the dash to the tuning **** on the right side of the radio (and hope you only click it once). The remote touch method is to expand the radio controls and hit the scan button, but it wants to keep scanning. In the old days, there used to be a seek button that did the same as scan but only to the next station with strong signal and then stop.
Old 04-03-12, 11:12 AM
MichaelLop
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by caddyowner
OK, I'm bringing this thread back because there doesn't appear to be a very good solution to increment one radio station (satellite or AM/FM) - NOT PRESET aside from reaching across the dash to the tuning **** on the right side of the radio (and hope you only click it once). The remote touch method is to expand the radio controls and hit the scan button, but it wants to keep scanning. In the old days, there used to be a seek button that did the same as scan but only to the next station with strong signal and then stop.
reaching ALLLLL THE WAYYY across the dash is the only way you are going to get it to change incrementally. I believe if you hit the scan button again it will stop, thus allowing you to scan station by station.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Changing Radio Stations?