GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New GS Launch in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-12, 09:58 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Just get some nice Volks wheels. I'm sure the aftermarket wheel companies will have tons of 19 inch designs for the 4GS in the pipeline.
Old 02-27-12, 10:22 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yamanote
Yeah, the F-sport probably has the 'tuning fork' wheels (haha) but finished in gunmetal gray.
Painting ****ty-looking wheels in something like gunmetal grey..............still does not make it sporty. A disgrace to the F-sport name indeed.

Not sure what you mean by the dealer having the obligation to carry the other wheels?
Hehe what I meant was that the dealer should accommodate for getting optional parts and accessories.

For instance, I asked my local dealer on how much would it take to have the local Lexus IS be installed with Mark Levinson sound system (14-speaker). They said that they don't do special or intent orders or any form of customizations. Also requested for 18 inch or 19 inch wheels (the stock ones here come with 17-inchers). They can't offer it. :

Yet BMW, Audi and MB dealers in my country do intent and custom orders on a frequent basis. Just saying.

Hehe which is why I say: You want a custom Lexus, fly to Japan and request for your customizations there..........before they ship it to your country (or any overseas country). You can't trust the local Lexus dealerships for these kinds of things lol

@natnut
That's one plausible suggestion (third party/aftermarket).

But personally:
I don't buy aftermarket wheels. I prefer stock or factory wheels. I have nothing against them....but for me, well............I guess aftermarket items are just not my cup of tea hehe.

P.S.
Anyways, they say that the Philippine launch for the 4th gen GS was held last night. Someone should post pics before this month ends.

Last edited by Blackraven; 02-27-12 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-01-12, 02:52 AM
yamanote
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
i am sure his dealer will be happy to order him those 19" wheel, at some gigantic price, as usual :-).

Our Lexus upgrade wheel prices here in Europe are 5x more expensive than in US.
I wouldn't be so sure... I custom ordered a LS hybrid last year (they didn't have any in my color choice in stock at the time) and they said there was one option (executive class seating) and that was it. I could not even get LKA or radar cruise- something to do with it not being approved for use in Hong Kong, even though my Crown Hybrid had the same system and that passed inspection and first registration just fine.

Mercedes' Distronic and BMW's ACC are offered as options and they don't seem to be limited by some inspection issue.

Originally Posted by natnut
Just get some nice Volks wheels. I'm sure the aftermarket wheel companies will have tons of 19 inch designs for the 4GS in the pipeline.
I would, but I had some Work wheels on my Crown and it constantly displayed an AFS error. There were some guides on fixing this on GS models but it didn't work. I don't want to have to go through that again...

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Painting ****ty-looking wheels in something like gunmetal grey..............still does not make it sporty. A disgrace to the F-sport name indeed.
Haha. Why they would take a regular wheel, paint it grey and say it's an F-sport wheel is beyond me. You don't see Mercedes and BMW doing the same thing for their AMG Appearance Package and M-Sport models.

Hehe what I meant was that the dealer should accommodate for getting optional parts and accessories.

For instance, I asked my local dealer on how much would it take to have the local Lexus IS be installed with Mark Levinson sound system (14-speaker). They said that they don't do special or intent orders or any form of customizations. Also requested for 18 inch or 19 inch wheels (the stock ones here come with 17-inchers). They can't offer it. :
Sounds like Lexus in SEA don't particularly want people to custom order vehicles- just take whatever is in stock. I wouldn't have a problem with that if their top-end model came with all the features available, but that isn't the case.

No ML on models other than the GS and LS in Hong Kong as well.

We get 18-inch wheels on our top-end IS models at least

Yet BMW, Audi and MB dealers in my country do intent and custom orders on a frequent basis. Just saying.

Hehe which is why I say: You want a custom Lexus, fly to Japan and request for your customizations there..........before they ship it to your country (or any overseas country). You can't trust the local Lexus dealerships for these kinds of things lol
The problem with buying a Lexus from Japan and importing it is that nav and other features won't work.
Old 03-02-12, 01:22 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

The only so-called "customizations" that can be one for the IS is:
request for brown seats or beige seats (two month additional waiting time). Black seats are default

Nothing else. Can't request for Mark levinson audio system; can't request for bigger wheels (if you don't like the stock wheel design, you're screwed); can't add F-sport spoiler, etc.

Hayzz................I think the Japs get the best deal since they can customize and add any available options to their hearts desires (plus they have L-select program as well).
Old 03-29-12, 09:13 AM
yamanote
Driver

F-Sport debut this weekend, including a LFA on display.

I still haven't had time to go over for a test drive yet and now I've got a trip to Tokyo... looks like this'll have to wait until May

Based on the picture we may get the 5 double spoke gunmetal alloys, but then again that might just be a stock image. There's no option for the larger screen on the F-Sport so this model is of no interest to me unfortunately.

Sidenote- looks like there are already several 4GS delivered here. Saw two in the past two weeks. Looked very nice, but of course they were no match for my M5 (...at least when it comes to 'fuel consumption' )

Last edited by yamanote; 03-29-12 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-20-12, 12:39 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

@yamanote

Has it been decided what wheels will come with your F-sport versions (Hong Kong)? The nice looking 19 inchers.......or those mother****ing ugly-*** 18 inch tuning fork rims?
Old 04-23-12, 06:11 AM
yamanote
Driver

Originally Posted by Blackraven
@yamanote

Has it been decided what wheels will come with your F-sport versions (Hong Kong)? The nice looking 19 inchers.......or those mother****ing ugly-*** 18 inch tuning fork rims?

Not sure if you can make it out in the image but those are the gunmetal 19" wheels

Still no option for the widescreen nav and several other features (notably Mark Levinson audio) though in the F-Sport... I'd still go for the Ultimate and see if it's possible to get these wheels ordered from Japan.

Other things to note...

Dynamic Rear Steering is on the F-Sport, not available on the Ultimate. No options at all for either model- what you see on the spec sheet is what you get.

Bird's-eye view is available, but not as advanced as BMW's implementation (no 3D buildings for example)

(not my pictures- I was in Tokyo at the time )

Last edited by yamanote; 04-23-12 at 06:40 AM.