GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4th Gen GS Aftermarket Wheel Thread

Old 04-11-12, 05:29 AM
a6s
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default In my opinion...

Originally Posted by lexesty72
Nice!! What are the specs for your new wheels? I would go with black lug nuts....What kind of tires are you getting for those wheels?
Thank you for the suggestion. I.M.O.The staggered fitment on these wheels throws off the overall look I want for the car. That considered, I went 20x9 on all four with a 40 offset. I went to the local shop & they told me they clear the brakes on a nissan gtr skyline & they should clear the brakes on the F-Sport no problem. As far as tires go: I'm leaning toward the Nitto Neo Gen but still shopping. Any suggestions?
Old 04-11-12, 11:23 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Thumbs up

^^ Nothing like a quick test fit on the front... Before mounting & balancing tires...

~ Joe Z
Old 04-11-12, 11:28 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

That Five Axis car is just stunning. I think it is the best in all phases of the mod game
Old 04-11-12, 02:36 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vossen VVS-CV3 & CV2
20x9 +38
20x10.5 +45

Old 04-11-12, 06:50 PM
lexesty72
Driver

Originally Posted by a6s
Thank you for the suggestion. I.M.O.The staggered fitment on these wheels throws off the overall look I want for the car. That considered, I went 20x9 on all four with a 40 offset. I went to the local shop & they told me they clear the brakes on a nissan gtr skyline & they should clear the brakes on the F-Sport no problem. As far as tires go: I'm leaning toward the Nitto Neo Gen but still shopping. Any suggestions?
I think those offsets should clear the front brakes. I don't have any experience with the Nitto Neo Gen, but I had good experience with the older Nitto N555's. They are cheap and got good treadwear which is great for a daily commuter. I am going to get the Michelin Pilot Super Sport to go with the Work Gnosis GS-3. Are you going to lower the car later?
Old 04-11-12, 07:02 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hey GS GUAM, GORGEOUS SET UP!

Hey guys, great topic. This question is for GSGuam and any others who are running this same set up, I just bought the Grey 350 F and have the same wheels on order. I wanted to ask you do you feel any difference in ride comfort between the 19 inch and the 20 inch wheels? I am a bit nervous of the decision due to the crap roads where I live. The 19's are OK. I know the suspension has lots to do with the ride, but did you feel any difference when you switched? I hear Vossen will come out with these wheels in 19" later this summer and I wondered, looks aside, if you had it to do again would you have waited for the 19's or do you like the ride comfort of the 20's just fine? Any detailed info would greatly help me!

Also, did your tire sizes cause any rubbing on your fenders?

Thanks a lot! Your car looks great and your post really helped me decide on the style!

Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 04-11-12, 10:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

offsets have little to do with clear brakes... disc type (spoke design) is the key

if they clear the gtr brakes, there is a good chance they would clear the gs
Old 04-12-12, 12:03 AM
x838nwy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
offsets have little to do with clear brakes... disc type (spoke design) is the key

if they clear the gtr brakes, there is a good chance they would clear the gs
While that is true, I'd watch out for wheels with a high positve off-sets as well as shallow dish designs.
Old 04-12-12, 12:24 AM
GSGUAM
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JOELC
Hey guys, great topic. This question is for GSGuam and any others who are running this same set up, I just bought the Grey 350 F and have the same wheels on order. I wanted to ask you do you feel any difference in ride comfort between the 19 inch and the 20 inch wheels? I am a bit nervous of the decision due to the crap roads where I live. The 19's are OK. I know the suspension has lots to do with the ride, but did you feel any difference when you switched? I hear Vossen will come out with these wheels in 19" later this summer and I wondered, looks aside, if you had it to do again would you have waited for the 19's or do you like the ride comfort of the 20's just fine? Any detailed info would greatly help me!

Also, did your tire sizes cause any rubbing on your fenders?

Thanks a lot! Your car looks great and your post really helped me decide on the style!

Look forward to hearing from you.
Hey there JOELC
Thanks for you comments. My stock tires/wheels were the 18", never actually drove the car with the stock wheels. so I can not say if there is any ride difference. What I can say is "this GS rides sweet and comfortable with Vossen and Vredstiens"! I am happy I picked this combo. I might even pick up another set of CV3's but this time in machined black. These Vossens are built well, very light which is better(un-sprung weight).

I have tried other wheels like BBS, HRE and ZONE in other cars in the past, none compare to Vossens.

If you are worried about crappy roads...you should see what Guam has to offer.

When I ordered them, no one could tell be whether they would rub or not since the GS was not yet released in the US mainland. I took a big chance...they do not rub at all, even after it was lowered with TRD springs...wow awesome... even rides better now.

I will post more pictures when the body kit and exhaust is installed.
Old 04-12-12, 12:52 AM
VIPG35
Lead Lap

The axis looks great
Old 04-12-12, 04:27 AM
ISFSPORT10
Driver School Candidate

would love to get my wheels already. How are these cars lowered. I have heard of people cutting the springs as well as coilovers. GS Guam did yo go to Japan for the TRD springs?
Old 04-12-12, 04:38 PM
JOELC
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hey GS GUAM, GORGEOUS SET UP

Hey Guam, just want to say thanks again for your lead in attempting this set up. I feel it is the best set up for this car out there! I am sure you have put a lot of Lexus buyers at rest with the fittment issue. You sure have with me! I can't wait for Vossen to get them in. Arrival date for the stock is April 22 they tell me.

For tires I use nothing but Michelin PS2. I just bought the Super Sports and will give them a go. I hear their tread wear is approx 15% better than the PS2. For me nothing compares to these Michelin tires. The mnost important aspect of a good tire to me is the road noise after 1/2 tire life. I have tired P Zero's Nitto's, BF Goodrich, etc. Nothing compares to the Michelin's. I have never heard of the ones you mentioned. My GS 300 came with the Bridgestone Potenza RE050a's. Havent had a chance to really try them yet as the car is still breaking in, but I can feel they are not as solid on corners as the PS2's.

Anyway, just thought I would share my praise for Michelins if anyone was considering a tire!

Thanks again Guam!
Old 04-14-12, 03:00 AM
GSGUAM
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFSPORT10
would love to get my wheels already. How are these cars lowered. I have heard of people cutting the springs as well as coilovers. GS Guam did yo go to Japan for the TRD springs?
Yes, I did. Also picked up the TRD body kit as well.

Just waiting for the PTS/Joe z exhaust system. Then I should be complete for the time being .
Old 04-14-12, 09:07 AM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey how much were the TRD front lip?
Old 04-15-12, 11:49 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

What do you guys think about these? I know they're not strictly aftermarket but you still have to pay extra to get them.

19-in Full-Face Forged Alloy Wheels

(GS 350 RWD only) Add a bold and athletic edge with 19-inch F SPORT full-face forged-aluminum alloy wheels[*] clad in a Liquid Silver high-gloss finish. The lightweight forged-aluminum alloy helps reduce unsprung weight, while the ultrastrong, hub-centric design limits vibration and reduces weight even further. They require spline-drive lug nuts, which are included in the available Wheel Installation Kit.

MSRP: $2,196[*] Available Late Summer 2012

http://www.lexus.com/models/GS/accessories/index.html#p
The following 2 users liked this post by natnut:
BM1620 (10-24-19), LeoGS350 (04-22-19)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4th Gen GS Aftermarket Wheel Thread