GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Dealer Quotes

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-12, 01:17 PM
Andy111
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Quotes

Does anyone else have any actual dealer prices/quotes for the GS or GS F Sport that will be showing up to dealers?
Old 01-21-12, 09:59 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Andy111
Does anyone else have any actual dealer prices/quotes for the GS or GS F Sport that will be showing up to dealers?
Very easy answer.....

MSRP

...at least for the first few months!!!

~ Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-21-12 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-22-12, 04:50 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Very easy answer.....

MSRP

~ Joe Z
The new GS is not going to cause folks to come storming in paying list price. The GS has a long way to go before it achieves a status of people lining up down the street paying to have the first one on the block. I agree that it may take a month or two just because the cars will trickle in slowly at first and dealers will sit on them if they have to. But it won't take long before they are dealing on them.
Old 01-22-12, 07:05 AM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

$59k AWD loaded. It's worth it IMO. I spent a good bit of time with the car and loved it.

Last edited by BRADSGS4; 01-22-12 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-22-12, 10:58 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by BRADSGS4
$59k AWD loaded. It's worth it IMO. I spent a good bit of time with the car and loved it.
Not that you are biased or have a profit motive in them selling at full list
Old 01-22-12, 11:18 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by jjscsix
The new GS is not going to cause folks to come storming in paying list price. The GS has a long way to go before it achieves a status of people lining up down the street paying to have the first one on the block. I agree that it may take a month or two just because the cars will trickle in slowly at first and dealers will sit on them if they have to. But it won't take long before they are dealing on them.
The first couple of months, people will most likely be paying list price or very close to it....
It just how economics works...

Coming from a Lexus owner who paid MSRP for his 2001 Lexus IS300 back in June of 2000...

I've since learned how to pay dealer invoice or even less.. All it takes is some great buying skills & PATIENCE.!!

~ Joe Z
Old 01-22-12, 05:35 PM
jlaszko
Driver School Candidate

Smile Just placed my order

I just placed my order for my new GS350. I'm an existing 2006 GS430 owner, and was teetering on buying the new one or not........ Guess we know which way I went now..

Really like to new looks, inside and out, and even though my '06 still drives super nice with 115k miles, my wife reminds me that I work too hard not to have the good stuff....

The one thing that I've got to state that annoys the heck out of me is that I know more about the 2013 GS than any Lexus sales person I have talked to - and I've talked to multiple at 5 different So Cal dealerships. For a luxury brand like Lexus, I really would have thought that I would have found at least ONE GS evangalist that could wow me. Wasnt a one..... Oh well.

We pulled the list of incoming units that were landing at Long Beach Port, and none of them had what I wanted. I was actually suprised to see the lack of features on the cars - I think only 10-20 of the 140ish cars I saw on the list even had the Mark Levinson sound system. So....I did the custom order thing. Got the GS350 RWD, Luxury package, Nebula Gray Pearl, Black Leather, Cold Weather Package (I'm in So Cal, but was forced to to get other options), Heated Rear Seats, Night View System, 12.3 Nav, Mark Levinson, HUD, Precollision, Blind Spot Monitor, Parking Assist, and of course, the spoiler.

The real fun part is that I put my special order fee down, but they weren't actually able to tell me how much all the add-ons were as they weren't loaded into the system. I made the 20th of the month cut-off date for the special orders, but I'm hoping they will give me my final pricing soon.

God, I hope it's not 75k. HEHE

Will comment on the driving experience when I get it in 3-6 months!

James

Last edited by jlaszko; 01-22-12 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Mistypes
Old 01-22-12, 06:09 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Very easy answer.....

MSRP

~ Joe Z
+1 that is what I was told by the dealer
Old 01-23-12, 12:14 PM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jlaszko
I just placed my order for my new GS350. I'm an existing 2006 GS430 owner, and was teetering on buying the new one or not........ Guess we know which way I went now..

Really like to new looks, inside and out, and even though my '06 still drives super nice with 115k miles, my wife reminds me that I work too hard not to have the good stuff....

The one thing that I've got to state that annoys the heck out of me is that I know more about the 2013 GS than any Lexus sales person I have talked to - and I've talked to multiple at 5 different So Cal dealerships. For a luxury brand like Lexus, I really would have thought that I would have found at least ONE GS evangalist that could wow me. Wasnt a one..... Oh well.

We pulled the list of incoming units that were landing at Long Beach Port, and none of them had what I wanted. I was actually suprised to see the lack of features on the cars - I think only 10-20 of the 140ish cars I saw on the list even had the Mark Levinson sound system. So....I did the custom order thing. Got the GS350 RWD, Luxury package, Nebula Gray Pearl, Black Leather, Cold Weather Package (I'm in So Cal, but was forced to to get other options), Heated Rear Seats, Night View System, 12.3 Nav, Mark Levinson, HUD, Precollision, Blind Spot Monitor, Parking Assist, and of course, the spoiler.

The real fun part is that I put my special order fee down, but they weren't actually able to tell me how much all the add-ons were as they weren't loaded into the system. I made the 20th of the month cut-off date for the special orders, but I'm hoping they will give me my final pricing soon.

God, I hope it's not 75k. HEHE

Will comment on the driving experience when I get it in 3-6 months!

James

Nice! You will love the car. I only drove it 15 miles or so but it felt great. Best of whats new IMO.