GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus Announces Pricing for All-New 2013 GS 350 (no increase!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-11, 12:36 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I wish Lexus would actually offer both RWD and AWD to its costumers and not split the cars by regions. I had to drive from NY all the way to Atlanta, GA to get my RWD GS350, because local dealers refused to swap cars with other dealers..... Anyways, it seems that if I ever decide to buy the 4GS, I will have to drive / fly to Atlanta again IMHO, not very convenient
Old 12-22-11, 01:56 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
I wish Lexus would actually offer both RWD and AWD to its costumers and not split the cars by regions. I had to drive from NY all the way to Atlanta, GA to get my RWD GS350, because local dealers refused to swap cars with other dealers..... Anyways, it seems that if I ever decide to buy the 4GS, I will have to drive / fly to Atlanta again IMHO, not very convenient
Dude, that would give you an opportunity to hang out with me Free place to crash and we'd go to a meet with your new ride.
Old 12-22-11, 02:02 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
without ML, GS will be 51k, at MSRP. Audi with ventilated seats is 57k. Of course, not talking about 4cly FWD A6.
I'd have to compare equipment down the line. But I really think if you compare the prices will be closer with like equipment - but I admit I have to do more homework to be sure.

I'm not trying to nit-pick btw, I admit that I am capable of getting hung up in little details. It's what I do!
Old 12-22-11, 02:04 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Dude, that would give you an opportunity to hang out with me Free place to crash and we'd go to a meet with your new ride.
sounds good, I'll keep that in mind. The last time I did not even get to see the Atlanta
Old 12-22-11, 07:39 PM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Does this mean the F-sport package forgoes the Rain-sensing wipers, Heated and ventilated front seats and Power rear sunshade?
Old 12-22-11, 07:46 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Love the fact that pricing will stay the same hope the same goes for the hybrid GS which I wont mind. Can't wait.
Old 12-22-11, 09:18 PM
LexFather

Went to the Audi site....wow a 4 cylinder 200 or so hp A6 starts at 42k then 45k + before options...Great for a base volume car and again why I think Lexus should just join the Germans and offer a 4 cylinder to sell more units.

B/C what the GS is offering base for base smokes that. The A6 offers the 3.0 s/c (though the car has a turbo badge) which should be faster if I recall but again option for option will be more expensive and then they are AWD and not everyone wants or desires AWD. It has 310hp and 22 MPG overall, one less than the GS, do negligible.

Wow...so the 2.0 A6 does 0-6 in 7.5 seconds and comes with a CVT? I had no idea. It does get a 28 MPG overall rating, 33 on the highway. I can't tell if its AWD or FWD though.

While barely selling, the M37 starts more at 47,900 with 330hp.

The 5 series has 10 versions not including the M5 but includes the frankenstein hatchback. The new turbo 4 cylinder starts at right around 47k and the 535 with 300hp starts at 52k. So the GS has a huge advantage there with both models.

The E-cass starts at $50,490. Again there are coupes, convertibles, wagons so sales figures are not just sedans.

Now MSRP doesn't mean squat with lease deals, different sales targets, etc but the GS seems to really do a great job. It will completely LOADED at 60k.
Old 12-22-11, 09:27 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Can you combine Luxury + F-sport?
Old 12-22-11, 09:29 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Which one has the 4 wheel steer?
Old 12-22-11, 09:48 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Went to the Audi site....wow a 4 cylinder 200 or so hp A6 starts at 42k then 45k + before options...Great for a base volume car and again why I think Lexus should just join the Germans and offer a 4 cylinder to sell more units.

B/C what the GS is offering base for base smokes that. The A6 offers the 3.0 s/c (though the car has a turbo badge) which should be faster if I recall but again option for option will be more expensive and then they are AWD and not everyone wants or desires AWD. It has 310hp and 22 MPG overall, one less than the GS, do negligible.

Wow...so the 2.0 A6 does 0-6 in 7.5 seconds and comes with a CVT? I had no idea. It does get a 28 MPG overall rating, 33 on the highway. I can't tell if its AWD or FWD though.

While barely selling, the M37 starts more at 47,900 with 330hp.

The 5 series has 10 versions not including the M5 but includes the frankenstein hatchback. The new turbo 4 cylinder starts at right around 47k and the 535 with 300hp starts at 52k. So the GS has a huge advantage there with both models.

The E-cass starts at $50,490. Again there are coupes, convertibles, wagons so sales figures are not just sedans.

Now MSRP doesn't mean squat with lease deals, different sales targets, etc but the GS seems to really do a great job. It will completely LOADED at 60k.
Honestly I can't see the point of getting an A6 or 5er over a GS-F sport, at least from a rational sense. Not only are they more expensive (we're talking about $10k more comparably equipped) but their turbo/supercharged engines will be less reliable, resale won't be as good in the long term, and with the A6 it's FWD/AWD. GS350 F-sport gives you arguably the best interior in the segment, one of the best drives in the segment, the quietest ride in the segment, and the best reliability, service and long term resale. I'd wager it even offers one of the best paint jobs in the segment. It's the classic Lexus formula, and they finally applied it to the GS. It will be interesting how that translates into sales, but as you mentioned with the killer lease deals the Germans offer on their cars the data is skewed.
Old 12-23-11, 12:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

this is awesome same base price but you get the much better interior, that alone is great already. can't wait to build a car!
Old 12-23-11, 04:36 AM
ISFSPORT10
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The F-Sport package will include all features from premium package. Luxury and F-sport cannot be combined. Levinson,rear steer, and hud are bundled as an additional package on F-Sport models. this is the way it will be for the initial builds. Of course you can order and get my you want
Old 12-23-11, 05:52 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFSPORT10
The F-Sport package will include all features from premium package. Luxury and F-sport cannot be combined. Levinson,rear steer, and hud are bundled as an additional package on F-Sport models. this is the way it will be for the initial builds. Of course you can order and get my you want
Are you a dealer?

I"m interested in your last comment. In the past with Lexus where I live, they seem to want to make it impossible to order a car the way you want it. They have always had two basic "packages" available and pretty much told people it will take months to get a car they way you want it - if they can get it at all.
Old 12-23-11, 07:00 AM
mklemovitc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
Are you a dealer?

I"m interested in your last comment. In the past with Lexus where I live, they seem to want to make it impossible to order a car the way you want it. They have always had two basic "packages" available and pretty much told people it will take months to get a car they way you want it - if they can get it at all.
There has been lots of discussion on the RX forum recently on this very topic. Many dealers do discourage special orders even to the point of telling prospective buyers it can't be done.

However, persistent customers (or those shopping at more accommodating dealers) have successfully special-ordered exactly the options they want. One gotcha is some options may have prerequisites. Your bargaining leverage may be reduced also since the dealer isn't as motivated to move a vehicle he already has in inventory.

Two to three months is the average wait. Folks who have gone that route though report being very satisfied that they got the car with the options THEY want rather than the one with a package marketing wanted to sell them.

A 3rd party site like truecar.com (not yet updated with the 2013 GS) will allow you to build and add in individual options that Lexus' site will not. The Lexus site slots you into the "packages" that are deemed most suitable / popular for your region.
Old 12-23-11, 08:27 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Och
Which one has the 4 wheel steer?
F-Sport. 10char.

Quick Reply: Lexus Announces Pricing for All-New 2013 GS 350 (no increase!)