GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Official: 2013 Lexus GS Specs

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-11, 09:30 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Lol yeah sorry. one day vBulletin would be as advanced as Microsoft Word with keeping everything in line. You would think that would have been done by now as the owner of this website also owns vBulletin.

Its best to click on the PDF link to read the specs haha.
Old 11-23-11, 09:36 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
Lol yeah sorry. one day vBulletin would be as advanced as Microsoft Word with keeping everything in line. You would think that would have been done by now as the owner of this website also owns vBulletin.

Its best to click on the PDF link to read the specs haha.
Hehe that's alright and in fact, it can be envious at times just reading the specs of awesomeness.

The last time I had that sensation was when the specs for the Bentley Mulsanne were posted here on ClubLexus. Man it was like a sexual orgy just to read all that (props to 1SICKLEX/Mike for that one; it really felt like a verbal high )

Anyways, what else is there?

@flipside909

Of the units present during your test drive session, did any of them have the basic 8 inch screen without gps navigation?

I want to see how it looks like since it *might* be the screen that will arrive in the Philippine market versions next year.

Hehe just curious :P
Old 11-23-11, 09:40 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Hehe that's alright and in fact, it can be envious at times just reading the specs of awesomeness.

The last time I had that sensation was when the specs for the Bentley Mulsanne were posted here on ClubLexus. Man it was like a sexual orgy just to read all that (props to 1SICKLEX/Mike for that one; it really felt like a verbal high )

@flipside909

Of the units present during your test drive session, did any of them have the basic 8 inch screen without gps navigation?

I want to see how it looks like since it *might* be the screen that will arrive in the Philippine market versions next year.

Actually no. Every GS there Radar Cruise/Pre Collision System, Park Assist and NAV. All of them had the 18" wheels also.

TopGear Philippines was sent out here to evaluate the car this week. Hopefully Vernon will share some great news soon with you guys back there.

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/filip...al-media-event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDGvzHCgkCE
Old 11-23-11, 09:47 AM
LexFather

The PRAISE IS FANTASTIC!

@flipside909

That gave me a laugh I needed
Old 11-23-11, 10:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow that's long, can't say i read through the whole thing. anything new that wasn't out there yet?
Old 11-23-11, 11:25 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the GS350's fuel economy has slightly improved from the old model's 19/26/22 to 19/28/23. Meanwhile the 2011 535i gets 20/30/24 with its 8AT, up drastically from 17/26/20 of the old 535i with 6AT, so it's a shame that the new GS350 isn't getting the 8AT and/or an improved engine to keep up with the competition.

On the other hand the GS450h's 29/34/31 is very, very impressive, soundly beating the M35h's 27/32/29.

Last edited by ydooby; 11-23-11 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-23-11, 12:58 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The PRAISE IS FANTASTIC!

That gave me a laugh I needed
haha and you deserved that praise my friend

In any case
I found that post you made over a year ago:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5277507-post45.html

And my reply:
^^^
HOLY *****

The list for all the specifications and features and options. A feast for the eyes.

No words can express such awesomeness that I witnessed on that day :P

Anyways

Actually no. Every GS there Radar Cruise/Pre Collision System, Park Assist and NAV. All of them had the 18" wheels also.

TopGear Philippines was sent out here to evaluate the car this week. Hopefully Vernon will share some great news soon with you guys back there.

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/filip...al-media-event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDGvzHCgkCE
Wow, it's Vince Socco (former marketing head of Toyota Motor Philippines and now a high-ranking official of Toyota Motors Asia Pacific).

Wow, it definitely shows the capability of the Filipino to be on the world-stage. Saludo ako sa iyo kapatid .

Filipino pride
Old 11-23-11, 01:22 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Wow, it's Vince Socco (former marketing head of Toyota Motor Philippines and now a high-ranking official of Toyota Motors Asia Pacific).

Wow, it definitely shows the capability of the Filipino to be on the world-stage. Saludo ako sa iyo kapatid .

Filipino pride
We're moving up in the world! LOL jk
Old 11-23-11, 09:08 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Back to the fog thing for a moment, with OEM JDM parts available it's not so bad that they don't come on USDM F-Sport models. A little mod and retro fit with OEM parts is easily doable.

For comparison sake, unless I'm missing something, even the Audi A6 S-Line doesn't have fogs (base model perhaps?)

Old 11-23-11, 09:13 PM
LexFather

haha and you deserved that praise my friend

In any case
I found that post you made over a year ago:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5277507-post45.html

And my reply:

No words can express such awesomeness that I witnessed on that day :P

Anyways

Filipino pride
I remember it. THanks bud!

Cool you recognize Mr. Socco!

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Back to the fog thing for a moment, with OEM JDM parts available it's not so bad that they don't come on USDM F-Sport models. A little mod and retro fit with OEM parts is easily doable.

For comparison sake, unless I'm missing something, even the Audi A6 S-Line doesn't have fogs (base model perhaps?)

Hoovey in 2012!!!! Thank you and there wasn't a whisper saying "OMG NO FOG LAMPS OMG DISASTER LETS MAKE 50 PAGE THREAD"

Nor is there hardly a whisper it looks like any Audi the last 100 years.

smh
Old 11-23-11, 09:47 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411

Actually the A6 (not just the S-Line) has fog light (which Audi calls the all-weather light) built in to the headlight housing.

Check out the following video for more details:

If you equip the A6 with optional Lane Assist, however, you do get the cameras/sensors in something that looks like a fog light, one on each side:

Last edited by ydooby; 11-23-11 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-24-11, 07:31 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Filipino pride
So last night I had dinner with an epic group of people from out of town and it included:

And yes, I voiced your concerns to him about the foglights, special order and the GSF.
Old 11-24-11, 08:07 AM
iggyhop9
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So last night I had dinner with an epic group of people from out of town and it included:

And yes, I voiced your concerns to him about the foglights, special order and the GSF.
Good man, good man.
Old 11-24-11, 09:22 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Hehe wow that's epic.

And hehe
Thanks for expressing those concerns.....especially stuff like custom orders, bespoke, and intent orders (especially for the Philippine market under Lexus Manila)

And please GS-F with minimum 500 HP (we gotta go ALL OUT ON THIS ONE!!!!!!!)

:P
Old 11-24-11, 10:54 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Very nice! Hope they listen. If you get a chance please try mentioning making LED headlights available to non-hybrids like the JDM GS350 F-Sport too. This car simply needs those LEDs to complete the look IMO.

Quick Reply: Official: 2013 Lexus GS Specs