GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2012 GS F-Sport Global Launch in Africa(JIMS)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-11, 06:42 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by venom21
I don't like the front corner angle, makes it look like there is a big chunk missing....
I'm with you - that center part juts out too much - like the new Charger SRT8. I'm not feeling the love on the F front end.
Old 10-07-11, 06:43 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Regardless of what you think of the styling, this car has presence - chunky muscular presence. It would be pretty cool to see an Fsport like this in a parking lot or driving down the road. It would look even better with the menacing LED lights from the 450h.
The Ford "Super Duty" trucks front grills have "presence", but they look like absolute hammered cow****.
Old 10-07-11, 07:21 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

This is alright, but what is up with the high butt, and the minimal differences that help to differentiate it from the rest of the GS, although others have said they would change the bumper, the main finally is whats the engine under there anybody know.
Old 10-08-11, 11:15 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm liking it so far (in general). We still need more pics though

But yeah, the sporty mesh grille really helps IMHO

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Not diggin the lack of fog lights...
Yeah, I was wondering about that as well (considering base and standard versions have them as standard equipment..........so we'd thought that the F-sport would have them as well)

In a way, it's a downer considering that the LS460 Sport.......and even the IS F-sport version has front fog lamps yet the 4GS F-sport does not have them.

I suspect that there might be some cost-cutting involved.
Old 10-08-11, 03:08 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Would like to see a straight shot of the front and the back.
Old 10-08-11, 08:16 PM
LexFather

I also love foglamps in general, it adds weight to the eyes and lowers a vehicle visually in most cases. That said I am stunned at how aggressive this is and I love how pissed off this car looks. I bet with the optional LED tri-lamps, a drop and some 20s, it would look really badass.

Now with the wheels while they look the same are they wider? B/C the F-sport is supposed to come with 265/35/19 rears...I can't tell if this is any wider than what the GS 350//450h has shown thus far.

Also this is this Euro/S.A spec? I wonder if the USDM F-sport will be different, I could have sworn I read it will come with larger brakes.

I have to say I like this a lot better than the stock front end, I much prefer the F-sport mesh to the vertical slants.
Old 10-09-11, 01:21 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I also love foglamps in general, it adds weight to the eyes and lowers a vehicle visually in most cases. That said I am stunned at how aggressive this is and I love how pissed off this car looks. I bet with the optional LED tri-lamps, a drop and some 20s, it would look really badass.

Now with the wheels while they look the same are they wider? B/C the F-sport is supposed to come with 265/35/19 rears...I can't tell if this is any wider than what the GS 350//450h has shown thus far.

Also this is this Euro/S.A spec? I wonder if the USDM F-sport will be different, I could have sworn I read it will come with larger brakes.

I have to say I like this a lot better than the stock front end, I much prefer the F-sport mesh to the vertical slants.
Agree.

Lower it by half an inch, add BMW 353M replica wheels (20" forged), and buy the optional LED headlights. also this car should be dark gray or black. Will look amazing.

I am disappointed they didn't use the LED fogs like those on the concept.
Old 10-09-11, 02:44 AM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It'd be great if the F-Sport model had a ground effects kit, body kit, or at least a front lip like the 2011 ISx50 F-Sport package. The nose sticking out is gonna take some getting used to but maybe it looks better in person or from other angles.
Old 10-09-11, 06:38 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mr Burns for those Pics i must say Lexus USA is a bunch of Bullies Lexus Global should be happy that its brands are being launched in different parts of the World,i got word that were there saw the GS F-sport being launched in Africa first their called Lexus South Africa to remove it from the Show completely.
Old 10-09-11, 10:50 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

meh idk... i'll take it for now....i guess... i still want to see a gs-f!!!!!
Old 10-09-11, 10:56 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by DOC4LEX
Thanks Mr Burns for those Pics i must say Lexus USA is a bunch of Bullies Lexus Global should be happy that its brands are being launched in different parts of the World,i got word that were there saw the GS F-sport being launched in Africa first their called Lexus South Africa to remove it from the Show completely.
Isn't Lexus of South Africa run by a distributor? I can see why they would get upset as the SA market is only a small fraction of global Lexus sales compared to the USA.
Old 10-09-11, 12:28 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

I'm liking the even more aggressive front of the f-sport! The two black pieces at the lower corners of the front bumper woulda been perfect spot for some LED fogs like the concept. So is the LED headlights an option for the f-sport? Would look amazing.
Anyway I'm surprised the car is being revealed so soon.
Old 10-09-11, 12:35 PM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

@flipside909 not at all LSA has HQ in Sandton and Dealership network across the Country well of course of LUSA has high volume of sales its an older more mature market,but the if Lexus expanding globaly then from a markteting point of view its future growth is in the developing countries like SA.
Old 10-09-11, 02:26 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

The car looks good to me. I like my own stance, so I am not looking for the car to come extensively lowered from the factory. That's where we come in.

As to those suggesting more sheet metal differentiation should be in order, Lexus has to leave room for the GS-F and the more sheet metal diffentiation, the pricier the car. By necessity, the GS-F will require more differntiation than regular Lexi. This, plus the performance upgrades, will cost a tidy sum. I'd rather see a supercharged V6 and an aggressive front bumper cap in the F-Sport GS than more sheet metal differentiation and tamer performance.

If the looks were more aggressive and the performance more tame, you guys would be complaining about that. I'll take more performance and less sheet metal differentiation any day. ....I'll be waiting for the GS-F, though.
Old 10-09-11, 02:45 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DOC4LEX
@flipside909 not at all LSA has HQ in Sandton and Dealership network across the Country well of course of LUSA has high volume of sales its an older more mature market,but the if Lexus expanding globaly then from a markteting point of view its future growth is in the developing countries like SA.
I think what Flipside is trying to say and I agree is that Lexus has said for MONTHS now the F-sport will debut at SEMA in Nov....that was the official release...yet here it is, released already....not sure if they jumped the gun or what or there was miscommunication with Lexus.

We all know with the internet, pics can go viral fast.

To me its great Lexus has a true global presence but if they did release it here, we have only gotten some bad photos and no specs.

Quick Reply: 2012 GS F-Sport Global Launch in Africa(JIMS)