Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Fourth Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Best GS Model?
4GS 87 33.98%
3GS 46 17.97%
2GS 85 33.20%
1GS 9 3.52%
Too soon to tell, need to see 4GS in person first 29 11.33%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Rank the GS Generations Now that 4GS is Out

Old 09-03-11, 04:25 AM   #76
jre002
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compass View Post
I think you're right. Also, if it was sporting an "H" badge instead of an "L", it would be laughed at for its ridiculous grille... when it wasn't being ignored for its overall blandness.
While what you said is true, that says more about what people think about the "H" badge then how they feel about the 4GS. Throw an "H" badge on the beloved 2GS and it would negatively affect its popularity. Lexus is a more prestigious name, so it will change perceptions of a product merely by attaching its emblem to it. If you threw an "L" on the Genesis, people would perceive it differently as well. Same goes for Mercs, BMWs, etc...

If you threw an Audi emblem on the 4GS people would be jizzing all over themselves. Not that I prefer Audi to Lexus (I don't), but I believe the 4GS design would appeal to Audi lovers.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 09-08-11, 06:27 PM   #77
LexFather
Trader Score: ()

I'm not ranking anything until I see it, drive it a few times and get to know it.

Way to early for me to rank anything.
Old 09-08-11, 07:16 PM   #78
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
I'm not ranking anything until I see it, drive it a few times and get to know it.

Way to early for me to rank anything.
The smartest reply so far!

06 GS300 Obsidian
07 GS350 GFM
http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sho...0&ppuser=14738
Ice350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 02:50 PM   #79
dezymond
Rookie

Based on looks alone (as I never driven one other than the 4gs), 4gs wins by far.
dezymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 03:38 PM   #80
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Me i would go for the second Gen. even thoughi have the 4gs i will build me a 2gs put a 2jz swap a 6 speed in it and good suspension and brakes that thing will eat the new m5 no problem what so ever. If it performace then hands down the 1 gs and 2 gs will out perform any lexus even the is f in straight line performance
GSTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 08:43 PM   #81
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSTONY View Post
Me i would go for the second Gen. even thoughi have the 4gs i will build me a 2gs put a 2jz swap a 6 speed in it and good suspension and brakes that thing will eat the new m5 no problem what so ever. If it performace then hands down the 1 gs and 2 gs will out perform any lexus even the is f in straight line performance
I don't disagree with you. I had two 2GS's and they were great cars in need of a little more power (GS300) and updates. I think Lexus designed a beautiful car with the 3GS and it is still a head-turner, but they lost the plot when it comes to driver engagement. With that, I would rank as follows:

4GS
2GS
3GS
1GS

dseag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 09:18 PM   #82
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dseag2 View Post
I don't disagree with you. I had two 2GS's and they were great cars in need of a little more power (GS300) and updates. I think Lexus designed a beautiful car with the 3GS and it is still a head-turner, but they lost the plot when it comes to driver engagement. With that, I would rank as follows:

4GS
2GS
3GS
1GS
Im 100% behind you on that one. Brother had a 2 gs pushing 600 to the rear wheels that was the car that made me like lexus nothing better then a luxurious car with a twin turbo supra engine man miss that car. I will build one of these one day or a sc 400 those are my favorite lexus off all time.
GSTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-12, 09:18 PM

Tags
2010, 3gs, 4gs, buy, conversion, full, generation, gs, gs400, kit, lexus, maroon, out, taillights, tinted, vertex