GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-11, 07:12 PM
eyecon7
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
2GS is the highest point, GS400 was EPIC.

1GS was the most stylish, but 2GS was the most unique. Still to this day, no other car looks like a 2GS. You can spot a 2GS from 2 miles away

Sigh!
Old 08-16-11, 07:14 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

2GS is the highest point, GS400 was EPIC.

1GS was the most stylish, but 2GS was the most unique. Still to this day, no other car looks like a 2GS. You can spot a 2GS from 2 miles away
This! I still like a nicely mod'd 2nd gen GS, saw one just the other day. Still unique, still a looker.
Old 08-16-11, 07:17 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Somebody write me a check for whatever this is going to cost... Or just write me a check for $100k, I'll return the change after I buy this

The fishnet stocking grill blends nicely into the rest-very nice rendition and worthy of the GS nameplate. Great job.
Old 08-16-11, 07:18 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lighting enhanced:

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-eqgii.jpg
4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-65d2r.jpg
4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-huwon.jpg
4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-eggyb.jpg

Last edited by Mr. Burns; 08-16-11 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-16-11, 07:27 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

The GS's grills got twice as much slits.........WOW, that just completely differentiate it.
All the previous generation GS's had the slits vertical. Why did Lexus make the slits horizontal? Lexus also shouldn't have remove the quad headlights as well...
Old 08-16-11, 08:08 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are we sure this isn't the new Chevy Impala? Check out the big bow tie on the back!

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-65d2r.jpg
Old 08-16-11, 08:23 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

with lights on

Old 08-16-11, 08:23 PM
LexFather

Smile

Sorry I'm late but to be honest after reading multiple replies I wonder if people remember anything past 10 minutes. I say that because while this GS is debuting some "new" design language it clearly still looks like a GS in many ways, a design that has evolved since 1993.

Why the big fuss over some awful photos of a white car in base trim with the smallest wheels with the highest ride height? I mean that is the worst looking way to have a spy pic. It is very unflattering, which seems to agree with many people who can't wait to bash the GS. I'll reserve final judgement after seeing it in person and seeing the lowered F-sport with the staggered 19s and the BBK.

As for the tailights I'm here to kill the ridiculous Sonata noise. Listen, Hyundai copies, that is their M.O, the tailights are clearly Lexus inspired. I remember all the fuss when Lexus started having their tailights stick out from the bodywork. Lexus has done this for YEARS now. Hyundai stole it and now a new Lexus comes and it looks like a Hyundai? Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Its simply an EVOLUTION of Lexus lights. The light clearly is similar to the LS/CT and LFA.

As for the front, I am not a fan of the half Chrome grill and quite frankly the overstyled chrome grills Lexus is doing. The RX chrome grill extends and I don't get it. I don't get it on the CT or on this. Just make a frame. Now I have to paint it. I already think Lexus does this for the CT. Besides I'm sure the F-sport grill will be better. I'm also saddened to see the loss of the quad lamps and the vertical "waterfall" slants. That was a GS staple since 1993. I think if it had that it would help separate it from the CT.

I'm also here to kill all this talk of "OMG it looks like a CT". Some people seemingly love to fap to death when the Germans make their vehicles different sizes, one look and now Lexus shares a family resemblance and its "identical"? REALLY? That nasty double standard is something. Then when Lexus makes the cars look different the argument is "OMG Lexus cars look different, they need to look similar"

This is not 1998. Everyone today makes good looking cars or cars with style. The GS in 1998 was one of 3, the E/5. In 2012 everyone makes a stylish car. What did you expect? Did you really expect to be blown away? So far I do wish it looked, I dunno, "better" or more fluid/futuristic than the traditional 3 box (losing its current fastback shape and 2GS fastback shape) but I'll wait to see in person.

Old 08-16-11, 08:39 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you 1Sick, finally someone with sense ^
Old 08-16-11, 08:40 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't want to upset the fan boys so there's only one comment I can make:

I like the integrated exhaust in the rear bumper.
Old 08-16-11, 08:44 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by *Batman*
I don't want to upset the fan boys so there's only one comment I can make:

I like the integrated exhaust in the rear bumper.
I'm confused, didn't you say this before, did you have to repeat it?

Its okay to love the bland, boring, looks like any BMW the last 30 years 5 series with the same front end as any current BMW but not okay to like this? I mean I think both designs are safe and okay. I can't say "OMG the 5 series is killer" and then say "OMG THIS GS SUCKS" when they used the same philosophy.

What gives?

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
Thank you 1Sick, finally someone with sense ^
Thank you, someone has to do it. Thank goodness I am reformed, I fear what I would have wrote around 8 years ago.

Old 08-16-11, 08:45 PM
ScottE
Driver School Candidate

Default Quick retouch

Cleaned up just a little more...
Attached Thumbnails 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)-gs350_g4_retouch_white.jpg  
Old 08-16-11, 08:45 PM
JessePS

For a second I thought it was a Chevy Cruze :/ Plus the light seems weird because of the red tape, mind you.
Old 08-16-11, 08:46 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thank you, someone has to do it. Thank goodness I am reformed, I fear what I would have wrote around 8 years ago.
Lol I'm afraid I have to ask what you wrote around 8 years ago. Batman, you said that already.
Old 08-16-11, 08:48 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
Lol I'm afraid I have to ask what you wrote around 8 years ago. Batman, you said that already.
I thought I read that before.

Lol, I'm afraid too

Another note. The GS with the LED 3 lamp lights will help make it look more sinister to the base lamps.

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)