GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-11, 04:49 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
You can always find positive from something negative, it is actually great that the 4GS being what it is, it helps you save money by not wanting a new car

I actually love it, I really shouldn't say all these bad things about it. This 4GS makes me love our 2GS Sport Design that much more. It is a classic that just can't be surpass.
touche!

when the 4GSh comes out, i'd really like to hear your opinion about the 4GSh design constraints compared to 3GSh design constraints regarding total system hp output...
Old 08-17-11, 04:50 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
the E class is far from being the first car with quad headlights, we have had a discussion about this here a long time ago ......
I never said the E was first, I just said it is most remembered for its quad lights, especially in this midsize car segment. And since the E went square, Lexus had no where to go.
Old 08-17-11, 04:53 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Good for them. This thread is about a Lexus mid-size luxury sport sedan. I'm not buying a Sonata. Ever
LMFAO dude.
Old 08-17-11, 05:06 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The leaked pictures are so dissapointing... I still hope and hold my judgement till the real thing come out. ( I seriously hoping the leaked photos are photoshops )
Old 08-17-11, 05:25 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you guys start reading some of the responses circulating on the web in regards to the leaked pics? Its funny, because even some reputable editors and journalists are not feelin' the design of this whip. Damn, I'm seriously pissed off because I love the Lexus brand so much and to see them going in this direction seriously breaks my heart. Im still hoping they will do something drastic tomorrow, like have the CEO come out and say "GOTCHA!!!" followed by the presentation of a BADA$$ 4GS...still hoping.
Old 08-17-11, 06:19 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LexIS007
Did you guys start reading some of the responses circulating on the web in regards to the leaked pics? Its funny, because even some reputable editors and journalists are not feelin' the design of this whip. Damn, I'm seriously pissed off because I love the Lexus brand so much and to see them going in this direction seriously breaks my heart. Im still hoping they will do something drastic tomorrow, like have the CEO come out and say "GOTCHA!!!" followed by the presentation of a BADA$$ 4GS...still hoping.
Right...reputable editors and journalists would know better than to judge based on pictures like that. We're only one day away from a final and physical unveiling at Pebble Beach. People are really quick to jump the gun.

It is silly how so many claim to love and respect Lexus but suddenly a leaked set of pictures come out and it is enough to completely deter all interest away from the brand. We could just patiently wait for tomorrow!
Old 08-17-11, 06:22 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

one more day!!! hope the server dont crash tomorrow,,,
Old 08-17-11, 06:34 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
I never said the E was first, I just said it is most remembered for its quad lights, especially in this midsize car segment. And since the E went square, Lexus had no where to go.
Funny thing is I most remember Rolls and Jags having quad headlights since I was just a pre-teen (& even then they were not the new models), the have quads earlier than the E, the first E-class didn't even have quad headlights, it wasn't until around 1996 they put quad headlights on them, even the first generation SC have quad headlights before the E-class ...

Last edited by Gojirra99; 08-17-11 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-17-11, 06:36 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

All I can say is that if these spy pictures are the real deal, the odds of me getting another one when my lease is up next year just went down considerably. It looks like a cross between the current version and a Hyundai Sonata. Why they would do that is beyond me.
Old 08-17-11, 06:49 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was never a fan of the quad lights, looked even more awkward on the 3GS with the chrome surrounds. The rear ones were even worse, glad they got rid of that but sad it's on the IS300.
Old 08-17-11, 06:55 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure why some are wondering if this is the real deal or not. This is it. The design is the design. The only variables are color, wheels, suspension height, and better photography.

The tail lights or grill isn't going to be redesigned between now and tomorrow.
Old 08-17-11, 07:13 PM
kannon
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My hunger for a gs-f has been put on hold due to these pictures. I really hope it looks better in person or ill be back to german cars.
Old 08-17-11, 07:15 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It says on the Lexus GS site that the live reveal is tomorrow at 7:15PM EDT/4:15PM PDT. Does it mean we're going to have to wait until then before seeing shots of this car? If so fail.
Old 08-17-11, 07:21 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
Not sure why some are wondering if this is the real deal or not. This is it. The design is the design. The only variables are color, wheels, suspension height, and better photography.

The tail lights or grill isn't going to be redesigned between now and tomorrow.
Okay, have it your way. It is the real deal, and it's really disappointing. And I'd be willing on betting that the automotive press will not be kind to it from an appearance standpoint. It had damn well better be one hell of a car and not go up more than a few % in price. It has little room for error given it's disappointing looks.
Old 08-17-11, 07:24 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by LexIS007
OH.....MY......LORD....

Please tell me this is NOT the production version of the new GS????

What happened??? I mean......WHAT THE @#$% HAPPENED???

Seriously, the production version looks like a Chinese knock-off of a Hyundai!!!

LMAO....WOW....I know Japan is going through rough times, but god geeeeez, I didn't think it would be this bad.

Lets all hope and pray the F version looks something closer....MUCH closer to the concept.

EPIC LEXUS FAIL!!!
Yeah, that's what I really meant to say. Sorry my post above was not concise enough.

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)