GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-11, 06:26 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Big concept grill is here! Me likey!
Old 06-27-11, 06:36 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you look closely at the front end pictures you can see that the grill will be split, rather than a massive sea of black like with the concept. You can also just make out the left edge of the chrome "arrow head motif" on the grill.

At the rear, when the exposure is jacked up the tail pipes are clearly different in shape than with the concept.

Last edited by Mr. Burns; 06-27-11 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-27-11, 07:30 PM
bsl888
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually like the look, some interesting surfaces and still sporty, but classy. In this segment, the GS still has to be somewhat conservative to fit with the buyers. Look at the 5 series, E class, and A6, nothing radical but evolutionary. The concept LF-GH looks good to me knowing that the grill will probably not make it into the final production. The GS will probably have a split front end in line with the CT 200h, which looks pretty good in real life.
Old 06-27-11, 07:32 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

is it me or does it look like a really big car? if so, i wonder if the LS will be getting bigger too
Old 06-27-11, 07:37 PM
pavelekPL
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
If you look closely at the front end pictures you can see that the grill will be split, rather than a massive sea of black like with the concept. You can also just make out the left edge of the chrome "arrow head motif" on the grill.

If it does get "arrow head motif" i'll pass. I'm affraid the whole line up is going to receive it. Plus the Toyota's old school sunken wheels....nice going Toyota
Old 06-27-11, 07:51 PM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
is it me or does it look like a really big car? if so, i wonder if the LS will be getting bigger too
A bigger LS would be amazing. Even after the 7 series got redesigned, I personally still think the LS looks bigger. The hood is massive, and just the overall design flows really well.

Here's hoping for an outstanding GS and LS models in the coming years.
Old 06-27-11, 09:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
the f10 5 series look very big too
Old 06-27-11, 09:38 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pavelekPL
If it does get "arrow head motif" i'll pass. I'm affraid the whole line up is going to receive it. Plus the Toyota's old school sunken wheels....nice going Toyota
The concept had it as well:

Expect to see it on all future Lexus models in one form or another. Personally I like it, I was a fan of it on the CT and on the LF-GH concept it seems more tastefully applied. Whether that makes it to the production version is hard to tell. I hope though that the GS does not end up with a CT copy front end.

Modern Lexus design is all about details. The "micro" outlook is just as important as the "macro" picture.

Little sculptural bends and forms in the sheet metal that you simply will not find on any Audi. They reflect the light and shape reflections in interesting ways depending on the angle, and it catches the eye. You will not find this on Toyotas either.

With the LF-GH, being a Lexus concept, it's as important to analyze the design from close up as it is from far away. When you zoom in on the LF-GH you see that it is very solid looking and muscular design:

It's almost as if the car has muscles. Again not something you'd find on any competitor. If they carry this level of sculpture and detail to the production version I would be happy, even if it looks a bit conservative from afar.
Old 06-27-11, 11:07 PM
GuoxJason
Driver School Candidate

Sorry guys! I don't know why, but I chickened out! The testers seemed to want the attention though. And I don't think they were expecting a guy from an LX 470 to be taking snapshots! LOL The chase was fun, and well... there was a Toyota Sequoia following the mule. If I had a friend ready to bounce in the driver seat, I would've gone for it!
Old 06-27-11, 11:10 PM
GuoxJason
Driver School Candidate

I hope I don't get in trouble for doing this, but here is a link to a photo album of the rest of the pictures I took! http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...00867673306388
Old 06-27-11, 11:14 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Thanks for posting!!!! I think these are the best pics yet!
Old 06-28-11, 12:11 AM
SaintNexus
Lexus Champion

^Great shots. Interior pics the next time you see it?
Old 06-28-11, 03:17 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
The concept had it as well:
Expect to see it on all future Lexus models in one form or another. Personally I like it, I was a fan of it on the CT and on the LF-GH concept it seems more tastefully applied. Whether that makes it to the production version is hard to tell. I hope though that the GS does not end up with a CT copy front end.

Modern Lexus design is all about details. The "micro" outlook is just as important as the "macro" picture.

Little sculptural bends and forms in the sheet metal that you simply will not find on any Audi. They reflect the light and shape reflections in interesting ways depending on the angle, and it catches the eye. You will not find this on Toyotas either.

With the LF-GH, being a Lexus concept, it's as important to analyze the design from close up as it is from far away. When you zoom in on the LF-GH you see that it is very solid looking and muscular design:

It's almost as if the car has muscles. Again not something you'd find on any competitor. If they carry this level of sculpture and detail to the production version I would be happy, even if it looks a bit conservative from afar.

I agree. This is the best kink on a concept if you ask me. Nice sculpting of a grill frame coming out and bending over as grill mesh itself is angled to follow hood line.

Old 06-28-11, 07:00 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I hate to say this, the more I see of the 4GS, the more worried I am about it.
Old 06-28-11, 07:11 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Looks fresh in the black, I say just leave that. Def will cut down on rock chips and scratches!!!!

Quick Reply: 4GS mega thread (UPDATED; preview drives, specs, more interior pics)