GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Issues with LT. Someone HELP Please

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-14, 07:28 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with LT. Someone HELP Please

So in my recent chat with someone that can "fix" things I found myself misunderstood and now without this certain person that can "fix" things. I will go into detail in a bit. After inquiring about some services that I was going to have done he says that I am "high-risk" and wont do it. This person is Lextech and I was going to get the combo done, but after a few e-mails and a lot of confusion he tells me that the conversation he had with me wasn't pleasant enough to help me, calls me a "high-risk customer" and "good luck" on your search. I am trying the best way I know to get the word out that if you say the wrong thing to Lextech or get confused in the conversation he won't repair your unit. If you want the e-mail conversation let me know and I will PM them to you.
Old 11-16-14, 08:03 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would be interested in taking a look at the coversation because I have done business with Lextech and I had a poor experience as well. He was very quick to reply to emails when I was talking about spending money but after he received the money it took longer and longer for him to reply. Finally I had to get PayPal involved and then "magically" he started replying again!!
Old 11-16-14, 11:34 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

I heard not to deal with lextech for his poor service, there was another guy on the forum who is also doing this service but I cant think of who it is yet. I think they might be on the SC300 subforum.
Old 11-17-14, 10:34 AM
onelt1
Pole Position

Man i figured he would have a spotless record being that most everyone recommends him to repair the needles. Now I can see he is a problem. Thank you for the support.
Old 11-18-14, 08:55 PM
djspock303
Driver

we should all hit this guy up, get group pricing lol. If i can wire a Megasquirt ECU and an IS300, i am not afraid of the needles.

Old 11-19-14, 08:38 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

Hell yeah! I definitely need that done.
Old 11-19-14, 04:08 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

That's an awesome video. Never thought of looking for a repair on youtube. I wish he would have said what led's he used and a step by step.
Old 11-19-14, 05:07 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

So after some more research I found that taninautoelectronix.com does the cluster repair as well. How reputable are they? The pics they show aren't exactly what I'm looking for. I would rather have the hole needle lit up, not half.
Old 11-19-14, 05:08 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

I will call them tomorrow to find out if that is their end result
Old 11-19-14, 05:12 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by onelt1
So after some more research I found that taninautoelectronix.com does the cluster repair as well. How reputable are they? The pics they show aren't exactly what I'm looking for. I would rather have the hole needle lit up, not half.
I know what you mean but for $109 thats not a bad option and its a lot less than Lextech!! It has an option for "v 2.5" in the drop down menu but it does described exactly what it is. Maybe that is the option for a full color needle?
Old 11-19-14, 09:20 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

$109 thats not a bad option and its a lot less than Lextech!! It has an option for "v 2.5" in the drop down menu but it does described exactly what it is. Maybe that is the option for a full color needle
Perhaps. Will find out more tomorrow afternoon when I call them.
Old 11-19-14, 10:50 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Awesome please let us know what you find out!
Old 11-20-14, 03:10 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

So I called taninauto and the tip of the needle is all they do, right now. They are in testing phases for the whole needle being lit and are trying to get the led's to last and put up with abuse. The price is 109 for the needle tip and 199 for the back lighting and the needles. Their V2.5 is the same price as Lextechs bonus and 109 for just the needles is 9 more for a little less work. I am thinking about doing it myself as I do have 3 extra needles, just trying to find out what smd led's to use and what resistors, capacitors, or anything else I might need.
Old 11-21-14, 10:55 AM
kene
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default DIY Cluster LED replacement.

I was planning to do a brief write up and expalantion of parts, just give me a bit of time as I'm busy at the moment. I have more pics to help.

DIY brighter cluster LED replacement/ upgrade

_______
Old 11-21-14, 11:03 AM
kene
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

DIY brighter cluster LED replacement/ upgrade.

RESULTS:
The RPM gauge and the fuel guage are the only 2 that have been completed in this picture. Currently at the moment all have been done.
The resistor used on each needle was 15 Ohm - 1/8 watt. There were about 55 micro LEDs used for the long needles and 35-38 micro LEDs used for the short fuel and temperature needles. I will write a write-up soon.

(The rear instrument bulbs[check engine, oil light, etc] have all been changed with T5 Tri-chip high output SMD leds)

Last edited by kene; 12-05-15 at 08:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Issues with LT. Someone HELP Please