GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

tail lights don't work Need the help of a gs300 owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-14, 11:15 AM
thyshallsm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail lights don't work Need the help of a gs300 owner

So got a ghetto gs300 and i can't get the tail lights to work, brake lights are good but tail lights don't work. Though here's the thing, the license plate lights are gone (including the plug/wire), the trunk light is gone, the fog lights are gone and the headlights were switched to HIDs and the radio is gone and amp/cd changer is unplugged. I wanted to know if anyone out there could unplug all that (or at least the trunk/plate stuff) and see if their tail lights still work before i go out buying new wiring and bulbs.

I tried a different Tail Light Lamp Failure Module(though not sure if that one was good or not since i bought it used, any way to test these?) but still can't get the tail lights to turn on
Old 10-29-14, 05:57 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

Check your fuses. Is there any warning lights on the instrument cluster? If this happen to me I would go ahead and replace all the taillights. If that doesn't fix it then at least you know all the bulbs are good. Just my 2¢.
Old 10-29-14, 11:34 PM
thyshallsm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by onelt1
Check your fuses. Is there any warning lights on the instrument cluster? If this happen to me I would go ahead and replace all the taillights. If that doesn't fix it then at least you know all the bulbs are good. Just my 2¢.
no warning lights and all fuses good, replaced half the tail light bulbs with no luck so far
Old 10-30-14, 02:48 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

So I looked at the wiring diagram for the taillights and come to find out the tag lights and the taillights are in the same circuit. They have a common relay, fuse, and wiring. I also found out that the stop lights have a different circuit. That is why you have stops but no tails. I have my factory amp/CD changer unplugged. my headlights are HID's. My fog lights don't work, but everything in the rear works. I would try to fix the tag lights and their plugs/wires.
Old 10-30-14, 04:53 PM
thyshallsm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by onelt1
So I looked at the wiring diagram for the taillights and come to find out the tag lights and the taillights are in the same circuit. They have a common relay, fuse, and wiring. I also found out that the stop lights have a different circuit. That is why you have stops but no tails. I have my factory amp/CD changer unplugged. my headlights are HID's. My fog lights don't work, but everything in the rear works. I would try to fix the tag lights and their plugs/wires.
cool i'll try that then, thanks a ton for the info
Old 10-30-14, 05:03 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

No problem, I would have pm'ed you the diagrams but my printer is out of ink.