HELP oil distick issue! i dont want to dry my pistons

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-14, 09:04 AM
severesky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP oil distick issue! i dont want to dry my pistons

okay so my brother's gs300 (jzs147)
reads the dipstick halfway on 1 side and full on the other side (reverse side)
(when the car is cold of course)

is the oil full? or do i add more oil?
Old 09-12-14, 10:31 PM
severesky
Driver School Candidate

wow 87 people viewed it and not a single reply? this is the worst group of people ever..
even gayasss honda guys help each other out.

Shame on all of you
Old 09-13-14, 10:16 AM
ClarkKent
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by severesky
okay so my brother's gs300 (jzs147)
reads the dipstick halfway on 1 side and full on the other side (reverse side)
Sorry dude, your question makes no sense. There is no reverse side to a dipstick. At least not that I have ever heard.

As far as oil level there are many schools of thought to this question. Some say too much is worse than too little.

Personally, I keep mine at the top of the indicator even if I have to add a 1/4 of a quart.

Hope this helps!
Old 09-13-14, 04:00 PM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

Yeah dude... I looked at it and never replied because I kind of think its a stupid question.

Let me explain it to you in this "shameful" way because you wanna dawg us for your stupidity. If you flip the dipstick one hundred and eighty degrees in either direction and measure the length, it will consistently be the same with great accuracy and precision, I'm talking to the hundreds of thousandths!

How about this..

You put the car on a level surface and start it up. Let the oil in the car get warm and circulated throughout the motor. When the car is starting to warm up, you can shut it off and open your engine bay to take a measurement of the oil level. Now, whether you have the dipstick one hundred and eighty degrees out or not will NOT matter.. What will, is if you are ninety degrees out because the shape of the measuring end of the dipstick.

Give the warm oil a minute or two to settle , but realistically I don't want all the oil to drain out of my head before I take a measurement (cold) because I like to have the assurance that I wont be 1/2 quart low at warm operating temperatures and increased load or shift.

When you pull out the dipstick for the first time clean it off, and re-insert it, and immediately pull it back out to inspect with a close "I spy" Eye! to determine on the hash mark levels the ratio of your oil level. Now I don't know how you do it on the Honda forums, but I usually flip my dipstick over and inspect both sides each time I take a measurement, sometimes cleaning and rechecking the measurement in case I feel the oil in the tube "pulled" up on one side of the dip stick while removing it. You should add oil in about 1/4 quart increments in between checking and being at the full mark and adding 1/4 quart is recommended for daily driving, added insurance for driver ignorance.
Old 09-16-14, 12:22 AM
Titten
Driver

Originally Posted by severesky
wow 87 people viewed it and not a single reply? this is the worst group of people ever..
even gayasss honda guys help each other out.

Shame on all of you
Lol. Wow! Coming in with such crappy attitude, making friends right off the bat, aren't we? Sorry if we don't spoon feed you the information. But if the dipstick is giving you such headache, you're free to sell your Lexus and hop back in that gayassss Honda.