GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

91-97 Aristo/ GS300 Fuel pump ECU location

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-14, 01:53 PM
kene
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 91-97 Aristo/ GS300 Fuel pump ECU location

I had been looking on the net for this this morning, and was having a hard time finding photos. So I figured it out and decided to post pics for the next guy in the future.

The 1st gen GS300 Fuel Pump ECU is located in the trunk on the drivers side. It is mounted with 1 bolt to the backside of the sub-frame wall or pillar (Between the sub-frame wall and the inside fender wall).

[IMG][/IMG]
Here is a picture with the trunk open. Look at the white sub-frame wall/pillar.

[IMG][/IMG]
This is a closer picture of the sub-frame support/pillar.

[IMG][/IMG]
This is a close up picture with the camera backup against the drivers side taillight.

[IMG][/IMG]
This is a picture of the actual Fuel Pump ECU.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Inside the Fuel Pump ECU (was going to move the capacitors to see their values, but I realized this was the only Fuel pump ecu I have on hand. So I did not.)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I hope this gives some insight into the Fuel Pump ECU

Keywords: 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 Aristo GS300 Fuel Pump ECU location located trunk

Last edited by kene; 04-05-14 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-07-15, 11:17 AM
williamb82
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

I took a screen shot of your ecu pic and entered the values. The large one is 820uf 50v, the small one is 47uf 50v.

I have been having an issue where the car wont start when it is completely dead cold and cooler than about 80deg. If I unplug the maf, bump the key, it tries to fir.e Plug it back in it then fires up but idles rough as crap till warm, then I can drive it and shut it off and back on without issue. In the afternoon when it is 90deg+ out and the car has been sitting for hours, it starts fine, but idles rough till warmed up. I figured bad ECT, changed it, same issue. Then for giggles I tried jumping the B+ and Fp pins in the check connector with the key in the on position. I heard fuel in the rail, then I tried starting it and it fired right up. So, this led me to believe it is an issue with the Fuel pump ecu, pulled mine out after finding your thread, and the small cap on mine had leaked all the fluid out and one of the legs was rusty. I had a 47uf 35v cap here, soldiered it in and put the ecu back. It fired right up but the real test wont be until in the morning when I leave for work.
Old 09-08-15, 11:22 AM
kene
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Well done on the values. thanks man.
Old 09-09-15, 08:23 AM
williamb82
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

NP. Sadly, car still has the cold start issue, but once started it idles much better and drives much better as well. I think I will try a new maf next. We had tons of torrential rain that lasted well over a month. Got so bad I had to disconnect the air filter for the car to even run as it got water logged. Was about the time this issue started, and even though there is no engine codes stored, It is the last thing I can think of causing the issue. Already tried another ECU, replaced the Engine temp sensor, fixed the fuel pump ecu, fuel pump is new, replaced the FPR with a spare thinking maybe the fuel pressure was bleeding off after sitting awhile etc.. if I just barely bump the fuel pump, it will then start just fine. makes no sense at all.
Old 09-09-15, 08:21 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Great stuff, guys!

Thank you for sharing
Old 10-10-16, 01:38 PM
skytechja
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this thread is old

I have a 93 gs300...

apparently previous owners removed this from the car.. not sure why..

the wire they used in the process had burns all over it n i didnt know.. the car would shut of few times but what i eventually did was replace the almost the entire wire and now that ive done so, i can hear my fuel pump humming alot louder (aftermarket fuel pump)...

my issue however is that when i switch off the car n take out the key, i stil hear it humming Until i open either of my front doors!
I guess they wired it to something along the door ..... i just dont know!

however i would love to have it wired n safely done so that once car is switched off, the pump switches off too without opening my doors....