GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Gs300 owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-14, 07:49 PM
AlphaStran
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gs300 owner

Hey everybody! I'm new to the forums and new to the Lexus world all together. I've own infiniti g20 and quite a few Hondas! I have a 93 gs300 and I'm excited about having it. I've had it for about a year. Have not had the chance to drive her because I cannot keep her idling. Hoping to find the problem soon. As of now she is green with staggered 20" wheels and new leather seats. I'll post a pic tomorrow!
Old 05-01-14, 08:15 PM
AlphaStran
Driver School Candidate

A few pics of my Lexus

The front..I have headlights lol

I have staggered 20's on it. They are 275 in the rear and 245 in the front
Old 05-01-14, 08:41 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Welcome. Hope you get it figured out so you can enjoy it.
Old 05-01-14, 09:03 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Welcome to ClubLexus and good luck on the build
Old 05-01-14, 09:20 PM
PIONEER
Driver

welcome to the board.

Is the engine stock or you have done some work to it. you can post your issues with the engine idle and i'm sure folks will help you figure it out. or you can do a search on the forum as well.
Old 05-02-14, 12:24 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

WELCOME! I also had an idling problem when I first got my car and I cleaned out the TPS, throttle body (make sure to plug the coolant underneath and cover spark plug galley from coolant) and the ISCV.

If you need any instructions on how to do so just ask. There are plenty of us with service repair manuals and I can link you some pages that might help.

Car looks great, a great project... better than when I got mine!!!
Old 05-02-14, 05:36 AM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to Club Lexus! You car looks good! I had some idle issued when I first got my car. I had to adjust my TPS and I also cleaned my idle control valve. I found a tutorial online, if I can find the website I will post the link for you.
Old 05-02-14, 08:24 AM
AlphaStran
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everybody! The car is rough and still needs plenty of work. Joewitafro, I would like a manual. That would help me out quite a bit. I honestly have used the search button so many times. I've saved everything that I have searched. I Will try not to ask any questions because I haven't looked through every page yet. The idle issue WAS fixed. I needed a fuel pump!

I bought a Walbro fuel pump. I've heard people say that they are loud! Well this one isn't not. I can barely hear it with my seat still out of the car. I haven't even put that metal cover back on yet and I still can barely hear it.
The fuel pump never primes but for about a week or so the car still started.

Now I'm back to a no start. I think I flooded the motor because I pulled my plugs and they smelled like gas. My exhaust also smelled like gas! It was my fault because I would go outside to crank it and as soon as the engine started, it would turn it off. I was told that was the reason that caused it to flood.

So now I have a new set of plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, IACV seal, valve cover seals, and throttle body gaskets and intake manifold gasket. After I clean the throttle body and IACV and put everything back together, I will see if that helped...I hope lol
Old 05-02-14, 08:27 AM
AlphaStran
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TRACKMKIII
Welcome to Club Lexus! You car looks good! I had some idle issued when I first got my car. I had to adjust my TPS and I also cleaned my idle control valve. I found a tutorial online, if I can find the website I will post the link for you.
Thanks man. That would be great. I will say that I have cleaned the IACV but I may not have cleaned it all the way. Didn't really see a good tutorial on the cleaning or the TPS.
Old 05-02-14, 08:32 AM
AlphaStran
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joewitafro
WELCOME! I also had an idling problem when I first got my car and I cleaned out the TPS, throttle body (make sure to plug the coolant underneath and cover spark plug galley from coolant) and the ISCV.

If you need any instructions on how to do so just ask. There are plenty of us with service repair manuals and I can link you some pages that might help.

Car looks great, a great project... better than when I got mine!!!
I've looked on YouTube for the throttle body removal but it was already removed and the guy didn't seem to sure about what he was doing.
Old 05-02-14, 11:29 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

I have the manuals but they are hosted on an FTP site.

if you PM Me I can instruct you on how to access this, you will need an FTP program manager to access the files.
Old 05-03-14, 12:31 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Got it from him and hosted it too lol
Old 05-04-14, 10:53 AM
AlphaStran
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joewitafro
I have the manuals but they are hosted on an FTP site.

if you PM Me I can instruct you on how to access this, you will need an FTP program manager to access the files.
Thanks again for your help!
Old 05-04-14, 10:59 AM
AlphaStran
Driver School Candidate

So I started the throttle body removal...I've never seen so many spider eggs in one place(the car sat in somebody's back yard for almost years)

Here is the back of the throttle body...looks really dirty

Here is the front(might be hard to see)

Here is the back after I cleaned it

Judging by how nasty the intake manifold is, should go ahead and clean that as well? I have all the gaskets for it. Or do it even matter?
Old 05-04-14, 11:29 AM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I wouod just spray some throttle body cleaner in there and use an old tooth brush to scrub it out.

Quick Reply: Gs300 owner