GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-14, 05:06 AM
krash114
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Big Body GS owner

Guess this is a must so, Hi my name is Kyle, just picked up a 1998 GS300 sunday with a spun rod bearing. Plans for the car are long but hope to have it up and sliding be april. Have good day
Old 07-22-14, 09:01 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 188 Posts

Welcome Kyle! a spun rod bearing was the reason I swapped a motor in my car, since your car is a 1998 you are apart of the "Second Generation" GS models. Just letting you know so you can introduce yourself in the right spot and start readin build threads :P
Old 07-23-14, 01:41 AM
CARSNBIKES
Rookie

Originally Posted by Titten
Hey. I have a black 93 GS300 that I really like. It has tan leather interior that's thrashed, great working AC, dash needles need attention. Motor runs great, transmission shifts fine, this thing is very reliable and comfortable. I've gone on 19 hr trips without a hiccup. So for I replaced the timing belt, alternator, water pump, serpentine belt and tensioner, etc. it has the stock sound system and sunroof options, but I can't remember what else. It has an aftermarket old air intake that I don't like. I've been trying to hunt down a stock oem airbox, so hit me up if you have one.
I actually Just removed my stock system this week, Are you still looking for one?
Old 07-23-14, 01:44 AM
CARSNBIKES
Rookie

Hey guys, I'm Dennis. Just got passed a 1995 GS300 from my aunt who had it passed to her from my grandmother. The car is running smooth at 112k as of this week with nothing but an O2 sensor having been replaced. I have huge hopes and plans for the car and look forward to chatting with you guys!
Old 08-25-14, 01:09 AM
geohector
Driver School Candidate

Default my name is george, I found a 1994 lexus gs300

1. Exterior color white
2. Interior color choice tan
3. Major options or special packages (Sport Design, etc)
4. Audio options (Nakamich or Pioneer)nakamich original with changer in trunk
5. Any modifications not yet
6. Anything you want to mention (others considered, previous Lexus owner, etc) the previous owner was 94 years old, she bought the car new, when she was 70 years old, she was the only driver of the car and was afraid to drive in the rain, the car was parked in an envirometally controlled house in the back of the garage, she said the car had not been driven for 9 months.i purchased the car feb.21, 2014.I found the car while grinding tree stumps for her.THE CAR IS IN SUPERB IMMACULATE condition.the car had 83, 456 miles when I bought it, completly serviced and ready to drive.her son drove the once every 14 days to keep the battery charged.U ALL WILL LOVE THIS CAR! wil send pictures when I figure out how to
7. If you are INTERNATIONAL, state which city/country your representing!
8. Post pics or links to your car (you can upload pics in our gallery)

and congratulations from Club Lexus![/QUOTE]
Old 09-01-14, 05:27 PM
1993GS3
Driver School Candidate

Default Rear Window Regulator

Gen1 GS300:

Does anyone know where I could purchase the ends of a right rear window regulator? I am missing one of the clips on a regulator I purchased from a junk yard.
Old 09-01-14, 09:37 PM
Lexusupra2
Driver School Candidate

Default 1995 gs300

I have a 1995 gs300, recently completed a full 2jzgte non vvti, single turbo( gt35r), 550 injectors, supra tt fuel pump. Automatic transmission, supra tt LSD rear end, Godspeed front mount intercooler, custom 3 inch exhaust, megan lp coilovers. The car is white on silver, tan leather interior, stock 16 inch wheels, full h.i.d kit.
Old 09-07-14, 11:12 PM
nonstopla
Driver School Candidate

Default 1997 Gs 300 Lights needed

Just picked my third first Gen im from cali but im in Baton rouge and im trying to fine a set of halo lights Please help theardisd@gmail.com

This the paint layout i went with

Old 09-23-14, 09:18 AM
Fasttech
Driver School Candidate

Hello,, Im Tom, From Nashville Tn, just got a 1994 Lexus GS300, its a tad rough, but runs well, well it did, im chasing a code 71, and a code 78, thats how I found this, Im a MOD on some Chrysler Fpurms. and ive always found the best help from them,, so,, again Thanks, anyway,, car is gold in color, brown interior, zero mods, so,, im out looking
Old 09-29-14, 09:10 PM
ladyc
Driver School Candidate

Default 1999 gs

I own a cranberry lexus gs.. We have had it for about a year... Love it.. The original sticker was in the car from 1999, the car cost $40,000 back then... wow.

It has been fine but now we have brake issues... When we pump the brakes it stops on a dime.. No dash lights are on, and I am assuming they would come on if abs is not working or some other problem....

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. We talked to one guy and he said it sounds like there is a break in the line because if it was master cylinder they would not pump up.. Someone told my husband it was the master cylinder....
Anyone here that had this problem please let us know . any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.
Old 10-01-14, 11:45 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Okay, this isn't the greatest spot to post questions and ask for help but I will try to help here anyways.

Tom, from Nashville. Code 71 is an EGR circulation code which is typical for these cars and caused mostly by a clogged system. You can pick up new EGR gaskets and pull apart the EGR recirculation valve and clean out the ports which are usually clogged and put it back together and clear your code, this should fix it. Blocking it and wiring in a resistor is a mod you can also do. Code 78 is fuel pump control circuit fault, which could be a failing fuel pump, I don't know if fuel pump ecu's are known to go bad? But that gives you direction to search.

Ladyc, your 1999 lexus GS is apart of the "2nd generation" GS300's and this is in the wrong generation forum. But beyond that, spongy brakes could be air in the system needing to be bled out or a bad master cylinder, which seems to be more common in the 98-00' GS's being that there was a redesign in the 01-05 brake master cylinders. These are expensive pieces to replace though being about 1000+ dollars retail, so finding one used would be a good solution if indeed that is the problem. Can your husband work on the car? Maybe you should bring it to a shop to have them inspect the braking system.
Old 10-10-14, 08:37 PM
Gensc300
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default my 1994 gs300

Names Gen. Live in arlington, texas Ive been a member here for a few months i Bought my gs3 about 8 months ago with 180k on the dash. Resent motor swap 60k 2jzge. Sustec tanabe coilovers and 19x10s with plasti dipped fenders for the moment. Heres how she sits. Next is na-t with 5 speed conversion!!!!Name:  C360_2014-08-30-17-29-29-727.jpg
Views: 2000
Size:  150.7 KB

Last edited by Gensc300; 10-10-14 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-11-14, 12:01 AM
joewitafro
Racer

Diggin' the wheels Gen and the lip on the front! Can't wait to see how you tackle the 5-speed swap! There's definitely more information on it now than before!
Old 10-13-14, 10:29 AM
Gensc300
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks it's gonna be fun for sure
Old 10-16-14, 08:39 PM
2jzkin
Driver School Candidate

Default New to CL

Glad to be apart of the forum. I purchased a 95 GS about 6 months ago that has a 2 inch drop, gray interior, silver paint with 150,000 miles.

The car ran really good up until about a month ago I started hearing a loud squeeking sound from under the hood. Couldnt tell exactly what it was but have as of about 2 hours ago found out it was my main crankshaft pulley that just fell off. Hoping to find someone on here that has an extra one they'd like to sell me. I

'm in the San Tan Valley area and just want to get this baby back on the road again. I have so many more plans for it but need to obviously get that major setback done first.

Thanks in advance to anyone having one they'd like to get off of in a hurry.

Best,

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 1GS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE