GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Sub Woofer Upgrade and Crossover Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-14, 09:05 AM
RustyDawwg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you plan on using OEM headunit. Tap your RCAs directly from your factory sub leads and wire a ground loop isolator. Your remote is going to have to tap into your 12v switched on your factory amplifier located on either the blue or orange harness (its a red wire if I remember). This is if you want to setup an aftermarket sub and amp with stock unit. I highly recommend switching to aftermarket unit with an external speaker amplifier. You will gain much more detail in the midrange, tighter bass, and less distortion in the tweets. If setup correctly the stock door speakers can actually handle alot of Clean power (I've had a 320w amplifier hooked up for over a year now w/o issues). Free air subs look great (hidden away) but I like boxes . Theres tons of factory wiring diagrams on the internet, just look them over before you begin. Good Luck
Old 01-05-14, 03:16 PM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RustyDawwg
If you plan on using OEM headunit. Tap your RCAs directly from your factory sub leads and wire a ground loop isolator. Your remote is going to have to tap into your 12v switched on your factory amplifier located on either the blue or orange harness (its a red wire if I remember). This is if you want to setup an aftermarket sub and amp with stock unit. I highly recommend switching to aftermarket unit with an external speaker amplifier. You will gain much more detail in the midrange, tighter bass, and less distortion in the tweets. If setup correctly the stock door speakers can actually handle alot of Clean power (I've had a 320w amplifier hooked up for over a year now w/o issues). Free air subs look great (hidden away) but I like boxes . Theres tons of factory wiring diagrams on the internet, just look them over before you begin. Good Luck
This guy. ...deserves a beer! Spot on sir
Old 01-06-14, 04:58 PM
OGS300
Driver

Originally Posted by TRACKMKIII
Great!! More pics and more info is always a good thing!! Thanks!! BTW what is a DD sub?

DD= Digital Designs the best system money can buy

here are some pics

Old 01-07-14, 05:43 PM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

I'm doing the dynamat around my stock sub as well once I replace it with a Kicker CVX 1400 watt sub. Why so loud? Why not? Lol

I'm going to run a HiFonics 1400 mono with variable gain. Set it at 20% until some kid thinks his stock stereo thumps, then Ka boom!
Old 06-24-14, 01:14 PM
Lextra
Rookie

I'm looking to do a very similar setup. In fact I want the same sub combo, you mind telling me which model DD sub that it?
Old 07-07-14, 04:58 PM
saiko2j
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

guys i did a semi DIY++ on this, check my thread " Sound System, Heres what i did "