GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

My Work in Progress - '95 Canadian GS300 - Non-Traditional VIP Style

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-13, 10:03 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Nix! Glad to see you've still been active

I haven't actually gotten around to doing exhaust modifications yet - those are just S2000 exhaust tips I had around and they fit the cutout perfectly

Here in BC we have some aircare system in place so I have to be extra careful - car can't be insured if it fails the test but the program is getting eliminated in 2014 so around that time I'll be looking to have a custom exhaust done

(looking to get something similar to a quad tip semi-bosozoku style with removal of the reasonator, and mufflers)
Old 07-03-13, 11:45 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Nice. We have emissions tests here too. Mine is 3" turbo back split into dual 2.5" I have a cat and 3 mufflers. Its nice and quiet but flows good. I do like those tips. Very close to mine which Also fit the cutout perfect. I've built a lot of loud race cars but wanted s quiet cruiser and so far its perfect.

Its almost as clean as yours.
Old 07-04-13, 08:39 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

I'd love to run 3" diameter pipes all the way through the exhaust - but I'm not sure how practical it would be for an N/A GS

--

As of today
Old 07-04-13, 09:20 PM
OGS300
Driver

man stop with the stickers and focus on getting a JP kit and fat wheels as it looks too tacky
Old 07-04-13, 10:48 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Looks good. Nice and clean.

3" would be a bit much for na.
Old 07-05-13, 10:55 AM
DomRebel
Rookie

Originally Posted by OGS300
man stop with the stickers and focus on getting a JP kit and fat wheels as it looks too tacky
I can't justify paying over $5k for the JP kit - that's enough money to buy myself a nice Aristo or even 2JZGTE swap the GS300
I don't like the look of fat wheels with ridiculous stretching - safety over everything and with heavy cars like this one going baby-sized tires with a load rating under 88 is just asking for trouble down the line

Originally Posted by Nixspeed
Looks good. Nice and clean.

3" would be a bit much for na.
I'll probably stick with the stock exhaust diameter - I'm assuming if I go with higher diameter pipes I'd loose out on a lot of power in the low-end

Last edited by DomRebel; 07-05-13 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-05-13, 02:38 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

You can probably run dual 2.25 with 2.5 primary and not loose any low end.

You're right about tires. It scares me when I see stretched tires and even more so on big body cars.
Old 07-05-13, 05:58 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

Nix would you happen to know any other basic performance upgrades that can be done to the N/A 2JZGE?

I won't be swapping anytime soon and I was hoping to get a little more power without going NA-T
Short ram intake is already in, deleting the muffler/resonator might give it a little more power but I'm not sure what else can be done
Old 07-05-13, 06:11 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Cams are always a good upgrade but kind of pricey. Best option is just save for turbo swap or na-t. With a na build you spend so much and gain do little. Intake and exhaust are always best starting points.
Old 07-05-13, 06:23 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

Thanks again for the advice Nix!

I don't want to dump too much money into this car for performance upgrades if I gain very little out of an N/A setup - I'll probably end up saving for an Aristo at some point but in the meantime I'll be looking into options for exhaust upgrades for this vehicle
Old 07-05-13, 07:24 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Probably a good plan. Has to be nice to just buy an Aristo. I just spent tons of cash converting and upgrading my GS to Aristo status.
Old 07-05-13, 09:27 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

I'm looking to just take the easy way out and get an Aristo - at the end of the day getting a swap must be super time consuming, and in the end more expensive!
(There's been many opportunities for me to pick up an Aristo for ~$2500, just the 2JZGTE engine block alone costs that much!)

At least with the swap you've done to your GS you get get bragging rights, leather seats, the Lexus marque, and still keep that left hand drive!
Props to you and seeing the list of things you've done to your GS in your album it's quite remarkable - so keep up the good work on your end!
Old 07-05-13, 11:28 PM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Yeah if I could have just bought an Aristo I would have. I did full Aristo body swap too. No more Lexus on my car. I definitely would have saved money buying a JDM car.

Your car is coming around. Looking real good.
Old 07-06-13, 11:00 AM
RustyDawwg
Driver School Candidate

Its awesome how many looks this car can have after stock. Looks awesome dude and I want your sunroof visor! Most people always ask why I don't have plans to bag or put vip fat wheel/ stretched tire setup. Personally I think a set of wide meats looks great on these cars, not to mention its nice not worrying about the bead seal breaking on a 4k lbs car. There isn't much you can do n/a for these besides exhaust, pulley drive upgrade, and a aluminum radiator. Suspension wise though is a different story, I couldn't even fathom turboing the car in its stock horse buggy suspension!( no idea where the 160mph tach idea came from, its must be a japanese thing.
Old 07-06-13, 03:10 PM
DomRebel
Rookie

^Thanks man! Sunroof visor you can probably find a universal one off eBay for ~$40 - just get one that's 37" or 38" in length

Here's how the car sits today - great weather over here in Vancouver!

Quick Reply: My Work in Progress - '95 Canadian GS300 - Non-Traditional VIP Style