GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Strange Electrical Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-13, 12:14 AM
Chopstick
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Electrical Problems?

Hi all, I've had my GS300 for about six months now, and it's been driving beautifully up until December. I noticed that the car would hesitate to start and sometimes, it wouldn't start at all. My first assumption was that the battery was bad, so I got that replaced along with the terminals. No luck. After that, I took it to the mechanic to check it out and he told me that it was the integration relay. So a few weeks later, he called me up and told me that he found one at the junkyard. Installed it and it worked fine for about a month, but went back to whatever is draining the battery. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I discovered that the power is being drawn from fuse 10, which controls the interior lights, radio, power locks, etc.
Old 04-02-13, 08:54 AM
Nixspeed
Lead Lap

Is your stereo completely factory?
Old 04-02-13, 10:12 AM
Chopstick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nixspeed
Is your stereo completely factory?
Yeah, stock radio. Also, when I turn the key, it takes about 10 seconds of driving before the radio will turn on, is that normal?
Old 04-02-13, 12:14 PM
guardrail9
Rookie

my friend had a similar problem on his 99 gs where it would stumble sometimes and and wouldnt start other times. yours have evidence or does it have aftermarket security or key less entry system? what happened with his I don't really know the full details but apparently the installer screwed something up to where the ECU fried. so you can maybe pull the ecu and swap it with another just to check it or you can pull the ecu apart and look for any burn marks, fried resistors or capacitors. etc... hope this gives you something else to check.
Old 04-02-13, 03:34 PM
Chopstick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by guardrail9
my friend had a similar problem on his 99 gs where it would stumble sometimes and and wouldnt start other times. yours have evidence or does it have aftermarket security or key less entry system? what happened with his I don't really know the full details but apparently the installer screwed something up to where the ECU fried. so you can maybe pull the ecu and swap it with another just to check it or you can pull the ecu apart and look for any burn marks, fried resistors or capacitors. etc... hope this gives you something else to check.
No keyless entry or an aftermarket security system. I'll definitely inspect the ECU as soon as I can. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-06-13, 06:38 AM
Boosted1st
Rookie

I am having the same issue with my Swapped GS. The owners of the body before wired in aftermarket amplifiers into a stock system. I do not know the location of the "Integration Relay" I really hope it isnt my ECU as it is a Tuned ECU I spent a bunch on. If anyone has the location of this Integration Relay and a schematic I would be grateful. I am an experienced electrician, but I cannot seem to find an Aristo schematic for troubleshooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-06-13, 10:33 AM
Chopstick
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Boosted1st
I am having the same issue with my Swapped GS. The owners of the body before wired in aftermarket amplifiers into a stock system. I do not know the location of the "Integration Relay" I really hope it isnt my ECU as it is a Tuned ECU I spent a bunch on. If anyone has the location of this Integration Relay and a schematic I would be grateful. I am an experienced electrician, but I cannot seem to find an Aristo schematic for troubleshooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
All I know is that the integration relay is located underneath the steering column. Someone posted the wiring diagram somewhere on this forum, but I forgot which thread it was under.