GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

GS300 No Heat coming out of Heater - Help Its cold

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-13, 07:37 AM
halac
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS300 No Heat coming out of Heater - Help Its cold

On my 2000 GS300 (dual control) I can't get any heat coming out. The blower works and all the functions seem to work, but all I get is cold air. The AC works fine.

I've disabled the battery and reconnected to cycle the control system, but help.
I do feel the hoses coming into the firewall from the engine compartment and both are hot.
I ran the temp control check by holding the auto and temp buttons. Get 24, 31, 41.

Need Help. What can a novice with limited tech skills do? Would this be a servo? Is there one servo that opens the temp Mix for both sides and if so, where is it?

Shop claims they need to pull dash out at super expensive rate. I read that flushing might solve problem - can I do this by sticking a garden hose into the firewall inlet to the heater to see if there is anything clogged?

Can someone give me some steps to take that I can try out. I'm new to the forum. Thanks all in advance.
Old 02-16-13, 01:27 PM
saiko2j
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

check yoo T STAT
Old 02-16-13, 01:40 PM
jarrams
Driver School Candidate

Try taking out the air filter at the back of the glove box
Old 10-29-13, 02:29 PM
fbrkotbkra
Driver School Candidate

I had radiator service and thermostat replaced and heater works now..
Old 10-31-13, 03:41 PM
OGS300
Driver

sounds like the heater tap is bypassed and needs to be hooked up i have the same issue
Old 11-04-13, 07:33 AM
Titten
Driver

First off, make absolutely sure you coolant system is full. Second, make sure your thermostat is working properly. Third, study the car's cooling system and locate the heater control valve. Check for its operation. Fourth, check for the correct heater hose routing. Don't fall for the shop that wants to take apart your dash. Yet.
Old 11-08-13, 06:54 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Titten
First off, make absolutely sure you coolant system is full. Second, make sure your thermostat is working properly. Third, study the car's cooling system and locate the heater control valve. Check for its operation. Fourth, check for the correct heater hose routing. Don't fall for the shop that wants to take apart your dash. Yet.
+1!!
This is spot on. My 93 Toyota Pickup did the same thing. It was the thermostat stuck wide open.
Old 11-22-13, 04:23 PM
2k4CamkilA
Intermediate

you sure its not a heater core?
Old 12-01-13, 09:21 PM
Titten
Driver

His car is a 2000, and unless he has a leaky heater core, I don't see it being plugged, although everything is possible. OP, what else have you done to diagnose the no heat problem? you can flush the cooling system, read up on it so you know what youre doing. Flushing might not cure your problem, but if it hasn't been done in a while...
Old 12-14-13, 01:02 PM
ssdjoey
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you looked into the servos? im currently having the same issue except when i start my 01 gs300 i hear a motor grinding/running noise for 15 seconds then it stops,i only get heat from the driver side and the pass side blows cold not sure what to do either
Old 02-07-14, 06:35 AM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

I now am having the same situation. I hear gurgling sounds too. I think im losing fluid from the heater core or it's just not filling up. The radiator is topped off. Im blowing warm air. Not hot.
Old 03-07-14, 11:04 AM
2k4CamkilA
Intermediate

any update on this issue?
Old 03-20-14, 08:47 AM
Likini
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by houndawgbp
I now am having the same situation. I hear gurgling sounds too. I think im losing fluid from the heater core or it's just not filling up. The radiator is topped off. Im blowing warm air. Not hot.
The gurgling sound heard is air bubles rushing through the heater core. Check the reservoir if needs to add coolant. Do this when the engine cold and check the overflow bottle. Your coolant will in minimum level and above the low mark on the reservoir. If not, add coolant until the bottle is half full or above the cold level mark. Check also if you have leak that caused air bubbles.
Old 03-20-14, 03:29 PM
houndawgbp
Pole Position

Did it just now. Still gurgling a bit. Must have a leak somewhere because I overheat sometimes.
Old 03-24-14, 09:00 AM
Likini
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by houndawgbp
Did it just now. Still gurgling a bit. Must have a leak somewhere because I overheat sometimes.
See if there is a coolant dripping where you park overnight. If there are no leaks and your system is full of coolant, the thermostat is one of the probable cause of your problem, as it may be stuck in the "closed" position since you experienced a overheating in your car. If this is the case the water is stuck in the engine and cannot escape to the radiator to be cooled. This condition may cause the bubbling sound too. Change it and see it from there. I recommend to change the radiator cap too.

Quick Reply: GS300 No Heat coming out of Heater - Help Its cold