GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Aftermarket radio installation probs

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-12, 03:48 PM
jmac2k11
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket radio installation probs

I was in the process of installing my aftermarket radio and i was checking to see if the speakers worked with it and they either dont come on or they are too low to hear when the music is played. Also when i wire one speaker wire to check the front speakers it plays all the speakers at the same time and its very low. Could somebody tell me what the problem is thank you need help asap
Old 12-09-12, 10:03 AM
DLCs
Driver School Candidate

Did you follow the DIY on here? Running your individual speaker wires...
Old 12-12-12, 07:33 PM
badboylx04
Rookie

what up jmac2k11 i just did my after market radio n it was cake, on the diy on after market install they say go in the trunk n use the orange plug n u have to run wires from the trunk to the center console but i found a better way of doing it instead of running a bunch of wires so u have to use the orange wires to find all the speaker wires n on the diy they tell u what is what so the plugs that r pluged into the factory amp ,there should be three ,blue,orange,and grey.so on the orange plug is all the speaker wires n on the grey plug r the wires that come out the amp to the speakers ,so the orange plug goes in the amp n the gray plug comes out the amp to the speakers so i didnt have to run wires to my center console ,so just color match the wires on the orange plug to the grey plug then hook up ur head unit speaker wires to the factory wire harness to the radio it should be blue,there r three plugs that come off ur factory radio ur going to use the blue one,i should have pics soon for those who r stumbled but really easy to do i hooked my radio in an hour with the sub woofer also hooked up to one of the rear speakers hope i helped
Old 12-14-12, 02:36 PM
jmac2k11
Driver School Candidate

Thanks man ima use your advice and tell you the outcome
Old 12-16-12, 02:05 PM
jmac2k11
Driver School Candidate

one problem i am facing is that when i touch speaker wires to the radio speaker wires only one works at a time why is that?
Old 12-16-12, 09:01 PM
badboylx04
Rookie

wow really um the way i did it was one by one i did front left speaker in the trunk first n remember orange plug is were the speak wires are, not for sure on the color code off my head but best to get it from the diy,so find the front left speaker wire in the trunk color match it to the grey plug so orange plug in trunk speaker wires color match to the grey plug speaker wires and does are running to the head unit in the center console,so now u are up front and have power to the radio take the speaker wire from the head unit n hook it up the the wires on the grey plug in the center console the color should be the same as the color in the trunk wires ,so if u hook up the left front speaker wire from the orange plug wires in the trunk to the grey plug wires in the trunk that grey plug goes to the front console so pink+purple- is the left front speaker on the orange plug color match it to the grey plug in the trunk,then find the same colors on the grey plug in the center console and connect the head unit left front speaker wire to the pink n purple one on the grey plug then one by one
Old 12-17-12, 11:21 AM
jmac2k11
Driver School Candidate

It plays all of them but only one wire will play all of em say if i put the pink wire to the radio and try to put the purple wire to the radio at the same time it wont work no sound comes out but if i just use one at a time it works but is super low and the sound is distorted and it plays all of the speakers at the same time would i need to get a new amp would that be the problem or is the speakers bad?
Old 12-17-12, 10:24 PM
badboylx04
Rookie

well ur not going to use the amp since u going to use the after market head unit, the speaker mite be bad r they from factory?
Old 12-19-12, 11:04 AM
jmac2k11
Driver School Candidate

yea they are factory speakers