Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1GS owner vehicles

My official introduction

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-14, 06:19 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Those trim pieces are about $400 each from Lexus!! I got lucky and found my window trim at Pull-A-Part. I reinforced them with some industrial epoxy so hopefully mine will never break again. Oh yeah where did you find that OBX midpipe, I have never seen one before.
Old 11-03-14, 06:46 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OBX mid pipe came with the OBX headers it was all in one box that I bought off ebay.
Old 11-03-14, 06:53 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

All 4 doors frame molding comes out to be $1,788.64 plus shipping from mylparts.com. OUCH guess i will have to save up.
Old 11-04-14, 05:37 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

So I forgot to add the door panels to this, so for those who haven't seen them here you go.

Broken door speaker box mounting tab

All fixed. Not worried about the looks, no one will see it.

This is where the window/doorlock switch goes.

Obvious, I think. This is the worst panel. I believe it's the rear right door.

More broken plastics

And some more

You get the idea, just tying to show as much as possible.

More of the same. As you can see my panels were in pretty bad shape.

Cubby hole leather pulling up.

Another pic of the cubby hole leather coming off.

spray glued, heated up, and pushed back down.

Another pic of the cubby holle. Don't heat it up too much the leather is pretty thin and will rip apart.

Top looking into cubby hole.

Far away pic.

Back side of panel. Showing what was repaired, Kind of.

Again more plastic welds

This is the better picture. Shows 5 holes that were redone.

Good pic of the back just above the door handle hole. If you couldn't tell.

I do believe this is all the same panel.

Finished. Front side toward the front of the panel

Finished. Same panel just opposite side as the pic before.
Old 11-04-14, 06:09 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

I had a chance today to redo my shifter woodgrain turned carbon fiber wrap. It was a longer process than it should have been do to the weather. It was chilly and I had to wait in between stages for stuff to dry. You will understand when you see the pictures. I never would have thought there would be so many layers to this little piece. I mean there is five layers. Why? Layer 1 is the plastic base. 2 is a woodgrain wrap, you will see part of this in the pics. 3 is some metal the covers the whole piece and acts as a flat surface for layer 4. 4 is the woodgrain, actual wood too. 5 is the clear polyurethane coat.

Okay so this is the first time I have ever worker with any kind of vinyl wrap. If you look closely, right above the ECT switch you can see a hard line. More about this later.

Here is why I had that hard line. Step one sand with 80 grit.

Step two cover center shift area with tape and then proceed to cover with body filler. Here the piece is ready for step three

This would be the finished product of step three. I didn't have anyone next to me to take pictures so this is what you get. The wrap isn't that hard to do just research and watch some videos.

A closer pic. Its not perfect but the edges look a lot better than before, sorry no pictures of that.
Old 11-05-14, 06:29 AM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

The carbon fiber wrap looks good!! The center "P R N D L" Panel can be removed sand with 600 grit and sprayed with clear coat to bring it back to life. It really makes that piece pop!!
Old 11-05-14, 02:13 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

Yeah I know, but I have another one coming and am going to inter change the two to get on great looking piece.
Old 11-05-14, 02:21 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

Reinstalled

Looks pretty good with the sun beating down on it.

So I broke this before I painted it, tried to glue it back together, but it never worked.

So I bought this one to replace the previously mentioned one. I am going to wrap it in some Di-noc carbon fiber when I can get some more. Oh and anyone have a gas release lever, mine broke. It still works its just annoying.
Old 02-10-15, 07:27 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

Just a little bit of work that was needed to be done for a while. I have another set of emblems that I will paint black and see how those looks on the car.

These are the gold emblems that were on the car before removal. Broke the Lexus emblem removing it, so I bought some chrome emblems.

After most of my mistakes and the old adhesive is removed. So I didn't take pics of each of the steps, but it was harder than what it should have been.

Trying to get a triple shot of the dirty, clean, and waxed areas. Did I succeed?

Some wax on the sanded area, so I can polish it to a nice shine.

Post work
Old 03-08-16, 06:29 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

So it's been over a year since I have posted any updates. So I thought I would let everyone know what's going on. After posting my plans for 2015 I found myself trying to save enough money to get that stuff done, but after a couple months I gave up. I lost my drive and couldn't find it anywhere. Had surgery in October, got hit in a parking lot, which in the state of Kansas is a no fault accident, then the holidays showed up and was trying to save money for tires. After traveling back and forth to work for about a month with nearly bald tires the unthinkable happened. I went to pass a car going crazy slow and found myself 50 feet from the side of the road in the bottom of a ditch. Even have footage (dash cam). Still with me? That weekend I went to Wichita and started looking at cars, that night I drove something else home. I miss my car, I really do! Especially not having an extra payment to make. So, that's my story and why I haven't updated. The car I bought is a 2012 Hyundai Veloster. Got a hell of a good deal and the dealership really did their part to get me into something better. (I use that word loosely). I will be back into another Lexus one day, but for the next five years I will be stuck with this one.
Old 03-08-16, 07:10 PM
TRACKMKIII
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by onelt1
So it's been over a year since I have posted any updates. So I thought I would let everyone know what's going on. After posting my plans for 2015 I found myself trying to save enough money to get that stuff done, but after a couple months I gave up. I lost my drive and couldn't find it anywhere. Had surgery in October, got hit in a parking lot, which in the state of Kansas is a no fault accident, then the holidays showed up and was trying to save money for tires. After traveling back and forth to work for about a month with nearly bald tires the unthinkable happened. I went to pass a car going crazy slow and found myself 50 feet from the side of the road in the bottom of a ditch. Even have footage (dash cam). Still with me? That weekend I went to Wichita and started looking at cars, that night I drove something else home. I miss my car, I really do! Especially not having an extra payment to make. So, that's my story and why I haven't updated. The car I bought is a 2012 Hyundai Veloster. Got a hell of a good deal and the dealership really did their part to get me into something better. (I use that word loosely). I will be back into another Lexus one day, but for the next five years I will be stuck with this one.
Glad to hear that you are ok and survived the accident!! Did you get the Turbo Veloster?
Old 03-09-16, 04:57 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

No unfortunately, but I got what I could afford.
Old 04-14-16, 01:21 PM
hassan86
Driver School Candidate

Default need help 95 gs 300

hello

I am new to this site. I recently was given a 95 gs300 with 187k on it. It has been sitting for 8 years. I was with the friend when he got the new car and drove the gs300 back home running fine.

I put a new battery in it and it cranks, no start condition. I pulled the fuel pump and waiting for another to come in. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? thanks
Old 04-18-16, 05:02 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hassan86
hello

I am new to this site. I recently was given a 95 gs300 with 187k on it. It has been sitting for 8 years. I was with the friend when he got the new car and drove the gs300 back home running fine.

I put a new battery in it and it cranks, no start condition. I pulled the fuel pump and waiting for another to come in. Is there anything else I need to be aware of? thanks
You should probably ask this in the forum instead, or do a search, but I am a nice guy so I'll cut you a break. 8 years is a long time for anything to sit. I would replace all the heater and vacuum hoses, then brakes. That's all I can do without more information.
Old 12-04-21, 09:00 PM
onelt1
Pole Position

Default Crazy

Just came back to reminisce on the GS300. Didn’t realize it had been almost 6 years since I was last on here well, logged in anyway. Thinking about getting a GS460. Really want the V8 and the newer body style. What I really want is the GSF but there is no way I could afford that, right now, maybe ever. Bought a truck in August of 2020 and was totaled in February 2021 (I was not at fault). I miss that truck about as much as I miss the GS300. Paid the Veloster off in February. Now I want something bigger, smoother, better, faster, and more comfortable.

Quick Reply: My official introduction