GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

So, I am still alive BUT...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-12, 11:46 AM
jmax.garage
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy So, I am still alive BUT...

So I am not dead at all BUT I had to put my beloved GS300 on hiatus and might be there for a bit until I recover from a rear-end accident I had back in Nov 2011.

This is the result of it:

SLIPPED/THORN DISCS!!

1. When looked at it from all angles, it is bulged out from all sides.
2. Only the back side and right side is bulged out
3. This one is bulged out on the sides (not visible from this perspective)

On a pic of the side of disc listed as 1 shows like cloudy blurred stuff coming out of it. I think this one is pretty jacked up.

I was rear ended on a traffic light while I was completely stopped; old man behind me must have hit me at around 45 mph; hit was hard enough to PLOW my 2000 Durango about 8~10 feet while I had my foot on the break (I hit a bike in front of me) and to push the rear end 1/2 inch forward, bent the crap out of my tow bar and completely total my car. Wife and 16 month old son were in the car as well; my kid was not severely injured but my wife is still dealing with back pain. Not the worst case in the world nor close to be, but damn, it hurts like a ****. Still going through therapy and expecting to get a definitive path of recovery soon either through surgery or more steroid/cortisone/therapy treatment.

So back to my GS and AE86 Levin builds: indefinite hiatus

I do know that I will not let the projects go, I just don't know how long it will take me to start working on them on a regular basis. I left off perfecting the hood, building a metal rear spoiler Mode Parfume~esque, working on the fogs and finishing the front fenders on the GS300. The AE86 is waiting for me to finish tubing the front end since I will be running S13 front suspension.

In all, the projects are NOT dead and, believe me, even if I get a BRZ/FRS, these 2 are my baby's and I intend on finish them 100% to my satisfaction.

I thank you all for your support and for the few of you that know me personally, for the help you have offered and given to me.

Once I'm back 100%, I'm going to tear it up big time!

JMax Paint Garage/JMAX Design
Owner

AE86/SR20 Levin current state:

GS300 VIP current state:

Last edited by jmax.garage; 04-16-16 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-17-12, 11:49 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad you, your child, and wife are okay! That is scary stuff man, got to be careful out there. Can't help the maniacs. Nothing else matters-as far as cars go. They can all be replaced. Glad you are okay, and I hope you make a speedy recovery!
Old 04-18-12, 06:07 PM
2GSC300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get well soon. Back issues are never fun to deal with. Unfortunately, insurance companies are even worst. Make sure they take care of you and your family.
On another note, I just saw an FRP hood for the 147 forsale in Japan today.
Old 04-19-12, 01:05 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, sorry to hear about the incident, but thank God you and your family are okay.
Old 04-19-12, 11:18 PM
deknick
Lead Lap

sorry to hear about that AJ.

i went through the same thing (not hte accident tho) my disc between L5 and S1 decided to buldge out out on me randomly. one summer cost me over $2,000 in just physio and chiropractor after my work benefits.

try Tensmed electroshock therapy, and laser therapy to help reduce scaring/arthritis. that really helped me out.

glad your family is safe tho,
Old 05-29-15, 05:38 PM
valencia5
Driver School Candidate

Default Hi Jotana

Hi Jotana...I pray you are doing better. Hopefully you'll read this post and remember that you are loved at all times.

By the way, my husband used to own a Lexus just like yours!

1. When looked at it from all angles, it is bulged out from all sides.
2. Only the back side and right side is bulged out
ll; my kid was not severely injured but my wife is still dealing with back pain. Not the worst case in the world nor close to be, but damn, it hurts like a ****. Still going through therapy and expecting to get a definitive path of recovery soon either through surgery or more steroid/cortisone/therapy treatment.

So back to my GS and AE86 Levin builds: indefinite hiatus

I do know that I will not let the projects go, I just don't know how long it will take me to start working on them on a regular basis. I left off perfecting the hood, building a metal rear spoiler Mode Parfume~esque, working on the fogs and finishing the front fenders on the GS300. The AE86 is waiting for me to finish tubing the front end since I will be running S13 front suspension.

In all, the projects are NOT dead and, believe me, even if I get a BRZ/FRS, these 2 are my baby's and I intend on finish them 100% to my satisfaction.

I thank you all for your support and for the few of you that know me personally, for the help you have offered and given to me.

Once I'm back 100%, I'm going to tear it up big time!

AJ Brassea
J