GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

96 gs300 buildup

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-12, 01:59 AM
ceegeeaye
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 gs300 buildup

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so i'd like to introduce my lexus. I have a stock 1996 lexus gs300 that my dad just gave me and I've seen a lot of VIP lexus around my city. They're mostly the newer ones like 2000+ but It doesn't bug me. I got a free car right? Now to start off my VIP project, I'd like to know what i need and what i don't need.The few things i have in mind that i need are, Coilovers, front Lip, Side skirts, Tint?, Window visors?, HID and HID fogs, (Anymore ideas?) I already have 18' Rims from my dad but I won't have to worry about that for the time being since it seems like it'll work out for now. For the coilover's I'm not trying to race on it. I just want a nice ride height without messing up my car. I want to be able to drive low enough that it doesn't damage anything and i won't have problems. I know you guys might say grab the $1500 coilovers or the top of the line name brands, but I'm sure there are some that are cheap and good too. I was offered to buy "NEX" Coilovers for 500 but I've read some reviews on them and they don't seem much satisfying. Also, I was able to get a hold of one of the vendors on the CL forum and he said i can get megan coilovers for $850. I'm Not sure which one it was. Okay, Back to the topic. If you guys could help me in any way of my VIP project, I'd be most appreciated. Any Known Coilovers that seem to have good reviews that go for a good price? And what else am i missing on my VIP exterior and what's not needed? THANKS!
Old 02-15-12, 08:34 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you're headed in the right direction for your goals. Tint is nessisary for VIP look IMO. It's really up to you.
Megan racing coilovers are awesome. You were probably quoted on the EZ Streets which are fine for what you are wanting. I will go head and tell you though, if you go low on coilovers. you're going to break something (I know you said you were worried about it). I have lowering springs and on speedbumps I bottom out.
With VIP cars, I love the exhaust that some people put on them. It makes the car look realy good.
You also might want to check out some type of VIP spoiler (nothing dumb). I haven't really been into the VIP thing, so I might not be the best source for information, but I hope some of what I said helps! Good luck man!
Old 02-15-12, 01:50 PM
ceegeeaye
Rookie

On the coilovers, I meant like, A good enough ride that can get me from point A to point B and can last a couple months, maybe years? I'm pretty sure something will go wrong in the long run but by then i should have enough money saved up. So you think the Megan Coilovers are good enough for my goals? Thanks for having time looking through this post and replying back. Highly Appreciated!
Old 02-15-12, 02:19 PM
CHASER4LIF
Driver

Guy selling one on the 1gs classified.. It's tien Comfort sport for the mk4 supra.. which should work on the Gs300..
Old 02-16-12, 11:33 PM
ceegeeaye
Rookie

@chaser4lif I've asked him already and they were sold. Thanks for letting me know though. And another question, I've looked for a front lip and side skirts. I can't find any local or sites that sell em for my car. Any info on these?
Old 02-17-12, 12:02 AM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ceegeeaye
On the coilovers, I meant like, A good enough ride that can get me from point A to point B and can last a couple months, maybe years? I'm pretty sure something will go wrong in the long run but by then i should have enough money saved up. So you think the Megan Coilovers are good enough for my goals? Thanks for having time looking through this post and replying back. Highly Appreciated!
I loved my Megans. They are perfect for your application. They will get you from point A to point B for a while. Megan makes a good product. I really like them a lot. I think they will last you years. Really depending on your dodging pot hole ability

Originally Posted by ceegeeaye
@chaser4lif I've asked him already and they were sold. Thanks for letting me know though. And another question, I've looked for a front lip and side skirts. I can't find any local or sites that sell em for my car. Any info on these?
There really isn't much aftermarket body kit support for our cars. It really sucks. There are some NICE examples of some VIP cars, but the kits are no longer availible. Your best bet is to search ebay. Right now there is a sweet rear bumper for sale. I know you said lip and skirts, but thats whats up.

I just bought some Tien CS for my car yesterday, from ebay for $430 shipped. (They are still on eBay but they're sold to me. I have paid for them outside of eBay). I always am looking for a good deal. They're out there. Use search tempest. Its my best friend some times!
Old 02-17-12, 10:33 AM
ceegeeaye
Rookie

I was thinking of grabbing a rear bumper but if it's for a good price then why not right? I'll have to get more options first before i start really buying from ebay.